Clan League - Individual Divisions

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
msl
msl
19:13 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
pirate_steve and I have been discussing, and are proposing to start a new Individuals League that will run alongside the existing Clan League.

The league will be for clan members only (so as to minimise drop outs, and to also allow for the default system to be merged with the main league). Furthermore, the activity and reliability of all players will be looked at before they are allowed to join.

The league will be formed of 3 Divisions, using the game format of Players Choice - Each fixture consists of 6 frames, with each player choosing 3 (limited to Arc/Reg/Orig). 1 point given for each frame won, decides whether you win/lose/draw the overall fixture.

Winning a fixture gives 2 points on the divisions table, a draw gives 1 point. Once everyone has played everyone in their division, the top players will be promoted, and the bottom relegated.

Now, some elements can not be decided until we know the kind of numbers who are interested in joining... such as how many per division...how many go up/down...and how many times you play people in your division.

This is just a brief overview, a few things may still be altered once people show interest. Please post if you would be interested in joining, also any feedback would be appreciated. Cheers
msl
msl
19:19 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Cheers for the positive feedback guys. We just need to spread the word now, the more we can get to join the more enjoyable it will be

Players who wish to join...

msl
pirate_steve
acepotter25
thegreatone7
alex_lewis
sarah
garethclin
d_legend
_concord_
sarahh
whocares8x8
davey1985
erigert
thegame26
buckjam
zina
allypunk
clifton188
wiggy18
joeyy
brettavit01

Just to remind you... you must be in a clan in order to join, we will also look at everyone individually to check activity and reliability - If you join, you must commit to the whole season

Edited at 20:00 Sun 15/06/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:33 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
All have a bash
clifton188
clifton188
20:46 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
il have a go
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:03 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
my pc wont be fixed for a while mate, could you take me out please and i may join next season.
msl
msl
21:08 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Ah thats a shame mate, no worries

18 so far, aiming for at least 45 in total... so that we can have 3 divisions of around 15. With about 80 players involved in the clans we should manage that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:18 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Please can I join?
msl
msl
21:22 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Please can I join?

Of course Everyone in clans is welcome, as long as they are active and reliable
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:24 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I will be. thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:50 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Im in :)
joeyy
joeyy
22:08 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I like the idea and would be happy to join

just a couple of questions,

how will the initial divisions be created? is it simply luck of the draw meaning anyone could end up anywhere, or is it ranked somehow? if so how?

2nd is I understand generally fewer people play carom or power but equally a lot of players dislike original. why should someone who dislikes original be penalised by having to play it where people who dislike power or carom don't have to worry about it?
proposal...... I would suggest all games are available (maybe with a limit on number of each type you can play, eg no more than 5 of any one type each season, meaning you have to play at least 3 different types throughout the season)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:14 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Plan is to have initial divisions decided primarily by golden cue rankings from this season. Obviously with newer players who didn't play last season our discretion may come into it (this is just to get it started, after that we hope to have a mainly promotion/relegation system).

You could argue that point about Arcade or Regular too, but the decision was made because of Arc, Reg and Orig being the three main types. I think the second part that you suggested would be too hard to track and would degrade the home/away system.
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
22:17 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
is there a title worst player cuz id win that easy haha
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:12 Mon 16 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
joeyy, I think orig is clearly more popular than reg. http://www.funkysnooker.com/help#community_stats
Those are the three main snooker types, so should be ok that way.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:57 Mon 16 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Possible to sign me u p? thanks
msl
msl
21:45 Mon 16 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Players who wish to join...

msl
pirate_steve
acepotter25
thegreatone7
alex_lewis
sarah
garethclin
d_legend
_concord_
sarahh
whocares8x8
davey1985
erigert
thegame26
buckjam
zina
allypunk
clifton188
wiggy18
joeyy
brettavit01
gerard024
pattie96
welshie
rory
smokingun
_wales_lad_

Please spread the word guys, lets try and get as many to join as we can

m_wood adam_147 i_am_james thegreatone7 _concord_ whocares8x8

Edited at 21:23 Mon 16/06/14 (BST)
welshie
welshie
22:09 Mon 16 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
aye go on i'll make an effort

rory
rory
22:34 Mon 16 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm in
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:37 Mon 16 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
sign me up..thank you to msl for the notice..
_wales_lad_
_wales_lad_
00:18 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
ill join bud
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan League - Individual Divisions

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.