ebass
ebass
22:01 Tue 29 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Hi

Is there a setting to prevent Newbies from joining my game
stephenh2014
stephenh2014
22:04 Tue 29 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Nope there isn't, the only way is to become very high ranked and then create games for only high ranked players.
ebass
ebass
22:29 Tue 29 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
ok thanks
_wales_lad_
_wales_lad_
00:40 Wed 30 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
or get on with it....?
ebass
ebass
11:58 Wed 30 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
or get on with it....?

I agree - but find it annoying when Newbies continue to stay in the room when you say no. So I create another room and they follow. This can sometimes go on for 2 or times at which time they start to get abusive. Just a pain really!
_wales_lad_
_wales_lad_
16:38 Wed 30 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
or get on with it....?

I agree - but find it annoying when Newbies continue to stay in the room when you say no. So I create another room and they follow. This can sometimes go on for 2 or times at which time they start to get abusive. Just a pain really!

lol yet again get on with it and just play lol :)
ebass
ebass
16:49 Wed 30 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
or get on with it....?

you sound like one of them lol
_wales_lad_
_wales_lad_
21:45 Wed 30 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
or get on with it....?

you sound like one of them lol

i sound like a newbie?? makes sense that
sarah
sarah
00:21 Thu 31 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I say just play them?

I quite like playing newbies! if they win you lose nothing, if you win you get a little.

Annoying when they win! I speak from experience ha! But if they are newbie and better..learn from them:-)

Have fun Ebass..and remember you was a newbie once:-)
stephenh2014
stephenh2014
00:34 Thu 31 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  

I quite like playing newbies! if they win you lose nothing, if you win you get a little.

The glass is half full to you then...

On another note, if you have some friends on here you can of course invite them to a private game and nobody can unwantedly watch then.
crazy_dave
crazy_dave
00:34 Thu 31 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
http://www.funkysnooker.com/help#rankings

This is why the newbie modification ranking system is in place, have a look at the link! Also if you create a game set the rank higher so people with lower rank can't play!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:39 Thu 31 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm personally in favour of going back to the old rules, no newbies in tourns But hey, that's what I think and we all know (well anyone that reads the forums know) it just aint gonna happen, so let's get on and play
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:42 Thu 31 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
to be honest i have always wondered why their is a no guest option but not a newbie option as a lot of people used to reset each day which made them fake newbies, while we have fake newbies the top ranked players are reluctant to play them (me included) as even though you would gain and lose less, you could gain more by not resetting.

my opinion is to have the option to cut newbies from games like you can with guests or change the rank so only the newbie gains or lose rank so theres some protection against fake newbies.

if im honest though i prefer to play guests than newbies but a lot of them leave after one frame anyway
hutch1971
hutch1971
03:32 Thu 31 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i need to get out more
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:39 Thu 31 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
or get on with it....?

Is there a remove welsh users option?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:52 Thu 31 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
or get on with it....?

Posted Image
_wales_lad_
_wales_lad_
16:24 Thu 31 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
or get on with it....?

okay bye
ebass
ebass
18:28 Thu 31 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I say just play them?

Annoying when they win! I speak from experience ha! But if they are newbie and better..learn from them:-)

Have fun Ebass..and remember you was a newbie once:-)

I have no problem in principal and sometimes I would play Newbies but I think that should be my choice in fact similar to playing any other player. Perhaps there should be a block option for any player I don't want to play which is reset on a daily basis or can be manually reset by me. Also its frustrating when players sit in the room after you have decided not to play them. This means setting up another room. My thoughts are about making the site have more features and more user friendly.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Newbies Joining a Game

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.