Premier League 2014-2015

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
captain_jack
captain_jack
01:10 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Republic of Ireland would Beat England anyday..

small country ,small squad.

england are just a 1 man band....they will not get out of the group.##

1966...........its in the news every time use play..Time to shut up about 66 and try play as a TEAM not individually.
msl
msl
01:34 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
captain_jack I am interest to know who is the "one man band" haha?

I know England are far from good at the moment but I wouldnt say its a one man team, all three forwards where involved in both goals mate?
captain_jack
captain_jack
01:36 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
captain_jack I am interest to know who is the "one man band" haha?

I know England are far from good at the moment but I wouldnt say its a one man team, all three forwards where involved in both goals mate?

Sorry i used the word wrong..i mean all the star players England have..they play for themselves,...look at spain.//germany etc..play as a team..and thats what englands problem is.

all 3 forwards..making 1 chance and 1 goal does not make them a Team pal.
msl
msl
01:41 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Sorry i used the word wrong..i mean all the star players England have..they play for themselves,...look at spain.//germany etc..play as a team..and thats what englands problem is.

all 3 forwards..making 1 chance and 1 goal does not make them a Team pal.

I still dont see why you say that though mate? We have a lot of problems, but I dont see that being one. Isnt as if there is a player who doesnt pass and just runs at goal and shoots..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:45 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
England actually played well enough for parts of the match. Rooney was very good, and Welbeck took his chances well. Sterling was below par for me. Defence is still very flimsy too, lucky not to concede at least once, if not twice
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:51 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
sterling is sterling .. terrible .. he can run around like a headless chicken but he really has no end product .. although he produced one pass out of a hundred for the goal. rooney what a workhorse .. fantastic and led by example. Great response from wellbeck.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:20 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
England may not be the best but they do work as a team the only player who i think plays for himself is sturridge? rooney may not be scoring goals but he is working hard for the team.. sterling is still young we cant expect him to carry us every game people seem to forget his only 19 he will only get better as time goes on. On the other hand swiss are really good, esp with players like shaqiri, dzemailli, inler etc.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:21 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
England actually played well enough for parts of the match. Rooney was very good, and Welbeck took his chances well. Sterling was below par for me. Defence is still very flimsy too, lucky not to concede at least once, if not twice

true, gary cahill needs a good partner, jagielka isnt up for it tbh same with jones
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:23 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
England may not be the best but they do work as a team the only player who i think plays for himself is sturridge? rooney may not be scoring goals but he is working hard for the team.. sterling is still young we cant expect him to carry us every game people seem to forget his only 19 he will only get better as time goes on. On the other hand swiss are really good, esp with players like shaqiri, dzemailli, inler etc.

sterling couldnt carry us he is shocking .. jack wilshire asked to play holding midfield and did a cracking job.
cue_power
cue_power
16:14 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think Capt Jack is trying to say that England aren't and haven't ever been a team.

Personally I don't have any interest in England games, of course I will cheer them on in the finals of competitions but thats because I enjoy a night out if I'm honest.

I use to care more when it was Terry, Cahill, Cole & Lampard being a Chelsea fan but since the whole Terry & Cole scenario of being dropped & not being picked then Lampard being a sub I have lost passion for England. I think the problem with England are the fans & media. "Play the young kids give them a chance" Everyone knows how to be the England manager and its through idiot fans. Things like -

Terry shouldn't play for England.
Gerrard & Lampard can't play together.

Too many opinions flying around & we play people like Milner, Henderson, Barry, Jagielka, Delph, Young etc and its just laughable. You're suppose to field your strongest side in the Premiership and other English leagues and if you fail to do so you can be classed as cheating. I don't see why this isn't introduced to International because all I see is a load of crap players getting a chance and NONE of them ever keep a spot.

Sterling will be good in years to come, Welbeck could be if he could finish but sadly the players just aren't good enough anymore.

If I had the choice of England winning the world cup or Chelsea winning the League cup then I'm Chelsea all the way. England is nothing to believe in and I don't trust the FA to run it properly.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:30 Fri 12 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
BPL is back after a week off due to international football.

Although BPL have lost a talent like suarez, cant wait to see the likes of falcao, di maria, costa, sanchez, ozil, fabregas, balotelli etc all play in the bpl this is why bpl is the hardest league in the world.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:30 Fri 12 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Although BPL have lost a talent like suarez, cant wait to see the likes of falcao, di maria, costa, sanchez, ozil, fabregas, balotelli etc all play in the bpl this is why bpl is the hardest league in the world.

tbh, the reason the Premier League is the best in the world is players like Ki Sung Yung and Seamus Coleman rather than those listed above. The thing about the BPL is that although it doesn't have the best teams in Europe, it is the most competitive league with smaller teams having a genuine chance at beating bigger teams on any given matchday. It's the the likes of Ki and Coleman at the smaller teams that make the BPL what it is
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:03 Sun 14 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  

tbh, the reason the Premier League is the best in the world is players like Ki Sung Yung and Seamus Coleman rather than those listed above. The thing about the BPL is that although it doesn't have the best teams in Europe, it is the most competitive league with smaller teams having a genuine chance at beating bigger teams on any given matchday. It's the the likes of Ki and Coleman at the smaller teams that make the BPL what it is

ki and coleman? ki is ok an coleman is good but the players i mentioned are far better but everyone has their own opinion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:21 Mon 15 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  

ki and coleman? ki is ok an coleman is good but the players i mentioned are far better but everyone has their own opinion

I ain't sayin they're better, but take them out and the PL just becomes like La Liga except the 'big teams' are lower quality. PL is the best because these players make it competitive, and not a snoozefest like La Liga
m_wood
m_wood
01:49 Fri 19 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Stuff the Prem... check out Forests 3rd goal... 1.15 in...

torres9
torres9
22:21 Fri 19 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Stuff the Prem... check out Forests 3rd goal... 1.15 in...

Top bit of play that! But how the hell was that tackle a penalty for Forests second?! That's one thing I cannot stand nowadays, referees giving freekicks/penalties for good, solid tackles. A nice crunching tackle is what fans love!
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League 2014-2015

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.