Port for funky in firewall?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:56 Wed 21 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I use Mozilla Firefox and, increasingly, I am disconnected from funky. Last night it wouldn't even let me back in again.

Can you tell me what port number to use for letting funky communicated with my computer through the firewall?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:35 Wed 21 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Can't answer your question, but the disconnection last night may have been because the server went down. Everyone got disconnected at around 01.30 last night (see tournament results).
baff
baff
Admin
20:33 Wed 21 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
It would seem that it was a general server issue, but we're up and running again now.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:52 Wed 21 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes, thanks guys.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:56 Wed 21 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
It would seem that it was a general server issue, but we're up and running again now.

Hopefully, its still slow at loading some pages though and says its down before it connects again and can browse other sites fine.

At least players can get on now though
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:02 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:26 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Loads of people having java issues. Can Admin/Nick provide some assistance in giving guidance to how they go about correcting local issues since the server/games changes?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:44 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ah so not just me and Dazpolz then

Tried reinstalling with no joy trying a Youtube video now
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:07 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Didn't work, When Nick or Computer Whizzes has any ideas can they post on Pool link i provided.

Thanks
budweiser
budweiser
21:10 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Need to make sure all up to date, internet exp etc... as ive noticed java doesnt work on some i.e. , it needs to match your pc/laptop specs.

As yesterday some members was online and some couldnt access page at all.

Up to date java - http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_ie.jsp?locale=en
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:15 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have up to date Java, probably because those who was playing pressed "Ignore" are playing and ones who pressed "Update" like a fool it gets my problem so its the new java that is the issue.

If you haven't logged into game yet i urge you to press "Ignore"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:20 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Has anyone tried downloading Google Chrome and accesing funky from that? Google Chrome has java built in to it, so none of that downloading/version stuff.... might just work for you
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:27 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Same on all browsers for me mate, Only one i haven't tried is Firefox
budweiser
budweiser
21:29 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ive just updated my java and never worked on the i.e.

It says several add-ons are ready for use. Wont let me press game rooms so i rolled back and i.e. and now working fine.

But remember all, the i.e you have needs to match pc/laptop spec for all to work correctly.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:33 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well i'm screwed then as i'm on XP but why was it working before the server downtime then all of a sudden i update Java and can't play.

EDIT: Dazpolz has Windows 7 so can't be O/S if i could play before

Edited at 19:40 Thu 22/01/15 (GMT)
budweiser
budweiser
21:52 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Some it works, some it doesnt. But all going really slow at the moment. Some still cant get on!

But the new java does not work for me or new update for i.e.
clifton188
clifton188
21:53 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
The same thing happened to me i updated java then it stopped working. I solved the problem by uninstalling it and reinstalling the old version not the newest version and that worked for me,although i couldnt get on yesterday and i can today so i believe that was the server not java
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:55 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
hopefully nick can sort it (or Myrddin/Aquarius on Pool) so those who can't play can play
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:56 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
The same thing happened to me i updated java then it stopped working. I solved the problem by uninstalling it and reinstalling the old version not the newest version and that worked for me,although i couldnt get on yesterday and i can today so i believe that was the server not java

Unfortunately i tried 6 times today and no joy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:57 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just to add, this issue was present for a few before the server issues.

I tried everything I could think of to sort - complete reinstall of java after cleaning registry, disabling of firewall and antispyware, adding correct classpaths for Java within Environmental Variables, cleaning all caches, reinstalling chrome, trying 64 bit chrome with 64 bit Java. I also tested applets on other sites and these all worked fine, as did verifying the java installation.

Nothing sorted the error so I now assume that it is some sort of incompatibility issue between the funky applet & java on certain computers.

The other guy experiencing this problem had the problem occur spontaneously too.

Chrome doesn't have Java built in as far as I am aware.

I also tried installing old versions (the one I have on my computer) to no avail.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Port for funky in firewall?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.