Pages: 12
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:21 Thu 30 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
doesn't matter too much, long as it isn't 8u32 or more
notrespondng
notrespondng
22:30 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
After a loooong break from Funky due to the Java / Chrome issues, I am back - and it feels good to be able to play again the BEST online snooker game around!

I'm using Chrome Portable 40.0.2214... and have Firefox installed as well as IE8 in both 32-bit and 64 bit (Win7 64-bit OS). None of my browsers were running Funky with Java 8u45 installed. I didn't want to install yet another browser like Opera just for Funky as my 5-year old Acer Core 2 Solo is slow enough already!

So I bit the bullet and rolled back to Java 8u31 as recommended above, and have just finished playing a few rounds of Arcade (I lost ). This was on Chrome 40.0.2214 with Java 8u31.

What I find strange is that Google says that new versions of Chrome will not be compatable with Java. Nevertheless I can play Funky on Chrome 40 with Java 8u31 installed, but not later versions of Java! Confusing.....

Anyway, it works, and I'm back and responding - so watch out guys and gals if you want to keep your ratings up!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:48 Wed 6 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
im back on because of dgeneratio!

the guy is a legend if anything he should be a I.T Department on this game!!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:55 Wed 6 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
thanks mate but took advice from others so can't claim the credit, think the credit must go to corsair and bob99 on pool for thinking of the Flag Napii idea and _knightmare_ for ensuring its safe to use.

enjoy playing
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:56 Wed 6 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
thanks mate but took advice from others so can't claim the credit, think the credit must go to corsair and bob99 on pool for thinking of the Flag Napii idea and _knightmare_ for ensuring its safe to use.

enjoy playing

Ye but you were helpful to me and you give me the time which i needed so yeah u do deserve the credit:)
notrespondng
notrespondng
23:15 Thu 7 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I tried the Npapi solution but it's not available on Chrome 40 - couldn't find it anyway.....
safeplay101
safeplay101
11:50 Mon 11 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Where did you download Java 8u31 from? I have created an Oracle account and used the Java SE 8u31 file for 64 bit windows (as I am running Windows 7 64 bit), uninstalled the newer versions before installing update 31, but when I go to the funkysnooker page and try to open the game in Chrome or IE, it does not recognise that I have Java installed. I'm on Version 42.0.2311.135 Chrome and IE9. On Chrome, I enabled npapi too....
jammymac
jammymac
19:52 Tue 12 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I cant get my java to work either it wouldn't validate. I tried with firefox and it did validate but still doesn't work

Says failed to validate certificate
the application will not be executed

Edited at 17:11 Tue 12/05/15 (BST)

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:57 Wed 13 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I cant get my java to work either it wouldn't validate. I tried with firefox and it did validate but still doesn't work

Says failed to validate certificate
the application will not be executed

try google chrome with java 7 and enable npapi and relaunch it should work worked with me
bigbadphil
bigbadphil
21:47 Sun 17 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I have IE, Firefox and Chrome. Updated to the latest Java and the game takes forever to log in. When it does, it is seriously laggy and unplayable.

I removed ALL java traces, installed Java 8 31 and now cannot get to the play screen on any browser.

Tried the NPAPI enable, doesn't work. All browsers show 'A plugin is needed to show this content'. Which is just a grey screen.

This is SO frustrating.

Has anyone got any other solutions?

Thanks in advance for any help. I will leave 8 31 on my system until a solution is suggested.

Phil
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:57 Sun 17 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Unless you need java 8 31 for any other software your runing, I'd suggest you remove it and install 1.7.0_76, as this seems to be stable when playing funky via IE.
bigbadphil
bigbadphil
23:37 Sun 17 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I use FF mainly. Sorry i forgot to mention it
bigbadphil
bigbadphil
23:47 Sun 17 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Still gettin grey screen with Java 1.7.0_76,
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

java - again