are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Java problemos

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:55 Sun 24 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
When I open the gaming window I get a black screen and 'error click for details'. I've tried updating java, restarting my system, i'm on internet explorer as my chrome isn't working atm.
help please
eurig_wt
eurig_wt
16:00 Sun 24 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
try Firefox
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:42 Sun 24 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Tried that but I can't get it to connect to the internet, maybe it's to do with a firewall that needs shutting down but I don't know how to access that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:14 Sun 24 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Do not use an updated version of Java it does not work

I use a torch browser with Java 8 update 31

All chrome is fading out addons and won't work.

I don't browse internet with torch thou as it's pretty slow but u could just use another browser for whatever u do to browse .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:22 Sun 24 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
what is a torch browser? is it possible to regress to your suggested java update?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:29 Sun 24 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes mate

Just google torch browser.

Delete old java u have and download java 8 update 31 it will work for ya
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:30 Sun 24 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
But don't check when it says verify correct java as it won't work, just close the window when uv downloaded without verifying
herr_doktor
herr_doktor
21:35 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Have tried uninstalling Java and reinstalling old versions, including as old as version 7. Have tried Chrome, Torch, Opera and Firefox, none of which work. Initially I had the game working but taking ages to load, but since trying to fix this issue it simply will not load at all. I am not prompted to install the necessary plugin/add-on when I click play. Instead I just get an error symbol and a statement that plugin is not supported. I also have NPAPI enabled within chrome.

Is this ever going to be rectified? If not, can someone recommend a decent alternative snooker/pool game? I love this game but hate its errors.

Edited at 18:42 Tue 02/06/15 (BST)
herr_doktor
herr_doktor
21:50 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Have tried uninstalling Java and reinstalling old versions, including as old as version 7. Have tried Chrome, Torch, Opera and Firefox, none of which work. Initially I had the game working but taking ages to load, but since trying to fix this issue it simply will not load at all. I am not prompted to install the necessary plugin/add-on when I click play. Instead I just get an error symbol and a statement that plugin is not supported. I also have NPAPI enabled within chrome.

Is this ever going to be rectified? If not, can someone recommend a decent alternative snooker/pool game? I love this game but hate its errors.

Edited at 18:42 Tue 02/06/15 (BST)

Just discovered via another forum that this can occur when trying to use the 64-bit version. Reinstalled 32-bit version 7 and working fine again ;-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:38 Sat 6 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
just reinstall java 7 and it should resolve the issue
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:36 Wed 17 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm using java 7 65, haven't updated it for neally a year and I've never had any problems. I was about to post on the other thread then it suddenly disappeared, hmmm....
oobujoobu
oobujoobu
16:01 Sat 27 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I've tried all sorts over the past couple of months and looks like I've finally fixed it! (in a surprisingly easy way considering all the failed attempts I've had...)

I'm on Windows 8, first I uninstalled Java completely, then went to here https://www.java.com/en/download/manual_java7.jsp and installed Java 7. I've then gone in to the Java control panel and switched off the automatic update, and funky has now loaded straight away, I can play against someone again rather than just hitting the practice table!
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Java problemos

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.