are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Suicide Carom Race!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Snooker Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.

chezz021_v2
chezz021_v2
16:32 Wed 5 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It's a bit like what me and budweiser was going to do, before I vanished in thin air...

Basically, it's a mega race, first to 500 lets say!

However here's the catch...

A.) It's all ranked...
B.) The loser... DEACTIVATES!!!! (If someone gets a 22 run) (you can of course create a new account)

If you back down during the race, well... you've probably got the balls to refuse to deactivate, so theres nothing I can do.

Who wants this mammoth of a challenge

You can either be the top rank guy/gal, or a nobody again

I am a man of my word too, if I lose, I will deactivate!

Edited by forum moderator masterful, at 09:55 Sat 08/08/15 (BST)
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
20:58 Wed 5 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Why on earth would anybody want to deactivate their name, lose all of their stats and have to start over, just because they lost a 'Carom race'? You only made your name in the last couple of months so I can understand the loss probably isn't incredibly important to you, but I can't see somebody with more substantial stats partaking in that!
sarahh
sarahh
21:01 Wed 5 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
i was thinking the same dee dee , i dont see the excitment in it
chezz021_v2
chezz021_v2
17:56 Fri 7 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It was just an idea to see who would bite

I actually remembered what me a budweiser actually discussed, a large ranked race, only deactivate if the other person gets a run over 22... my bad
clifton188
clifton188
18:40 Fri 7 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Il do it Chezz but one condition!!

If i win you have to deactivate and if you lose you have to deactivate
chezz021_v2
chezz021_v2
20:43 Fri 7 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
lol, i got it wrong mate, if you hit over a 22 run, the other deactivates.

Can a mod correct this please
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:27 Fri 7 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
What happens if nobody makes over 22?
chezz021_v2
chezz021_v2
23:37 Fri 7 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Nobody deactivates, it's just a race to a large number, ranked
chezz021_v2
chezz021_v2
10:08 Sat 8 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Change it please mod, or delete it, either way!!!
masterful
masterful
12:55 Sat 8 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I will play you to 500 ranked, but no deactivating unless someone gets a 50 run?
chezz021_v2
chezz021_v2
13:32 Sat 8 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I will play you to 500 ranked, but no deactivating unless someone gets a 50 run?

That's what I want changing anyways

500 ranked, you're on
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:52 Thu 13 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Why on earth would anybody want to deactivate their name, lose all of their stats and have to start over, just because they lost a 'Carom race'? You only made your name in the last couple of months so I can understand the loss probably isn't incredibly important to you, but I can't see somebody with more substantial stats partaking in that!

Each to there own, stats mean a lot to some people and to others they mean absolutely nothing, hence why so many people reset and deactivate.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:01 Thu 13 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah to me, they don't mean much but the name does and the history what surrounds it.

part of me don't understand name changes as your still playing under an account, another part does (e.g. privacy or name doesn't feel right).

If i changed name i feel it would be after a Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh character, I know not popular with some adults on those subjects but each to their own. Possibly a World of Tanks, tank also.

Cam is a good example of changing names to Boxers
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:27 Thu 13 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
There's been quite a few people on pool with ridiculously good stats that have reset after losing an FCL game and others that have won everything and reset cause they wanted a challenge, at the end of the day It's hard work and many wasted hours for nothing anyway
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:32 Thu 13 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah true, pool stats from day one, i think UK runouts and Mini Golf Aces are only pool stats i care about, snooks i've done just about what i can so less important
chezz021_v2
chezz021_v2
18:01 Thu 13 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
For me, I like to have a high rank, but only in carom, it's really the only 1 I care about enough to go in the practice room for.

I would like ranked races, as I believe if I lose more, then it would reflect my ability. I was in the 770's after facing m_forest (no naming and shaming) in the final 3-4 consecutive days, and first to 5, I was gaining loads. Not because I am a 770 player, but because I was better than The Lawd.

I'd like someone I feel would be a good challenge, and battle it out. That is the real reason I put it here.

I saw the comment that I have just made a name for myself, I don't believe I have, if you say very good carom players to someone, they wouldn't say chezz, if you saw my name in a league, you wouldn't think, 'oooh, I might lose this one, it's chezz'. So I haven't just made a name for myself, I post a lot of forums, but I am not know for my caromeous skills, maybe I am being modest, but I feel I am being truthful.

My aim is to hit 830 in carom, a comfortable 1st ranking, only then I will consider myself a name in carom. Personally, I don't get runs as often as I should, I don't win enough, I don't have a high success rate, but with a ranked race, where I have to play very well, I hope to improve.

I used to care about snooker ranks, I was okay at one point, but took a lot of time off (to concentrate on carom). But I don't play anything for rank now, apart from carom, to me, it's all a bit of fun.
chezz021_v2
chezz021_v2
18:02 Thu 13 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd rather win and lose rank, than lose and gain rank, I like winning, it's a simple as that.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:10 Thu 13 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I can do a race each night if you like but i like a continuous race.

Carom Race vs mich
Score: 256-316
5+ Runs: 53-81
10+ Runs: 2-0

Carom Race vs clifton
Score: 32-33
5+ Runs: 2-6
10+ Runs: 1-0

my two races but mostly friendlies
chezz021_v2
chezz021_v2
18:13 Thu 13 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Sounds good, I thought maybe ranked was an incentive, but by the sounds of everyones opinion here, maybe not.

I'd race you continuously, take mich's place for a while lmao, whilsts he's off (start 0-0 of course)
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Suicide Carom Race!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Snooker Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.