Internet Study Help

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

daviking
daviking
16:35 Tue 27 Oct 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hello there

Some of you might have encountered me playing the game and wondered why I ask a lot of questions. The thing is, I am a fourth year psychopathology student, and keen to study internet use away from the usual facebook or console usage that most of the rest are doing. This site is ideal as it cannot be played on anything but a computer or laptop.

So far it seems some people use this site almost daily, and some for up to an hour or more at a sitting.

Clearly this type of excessive time is extremely worrying due to its obvious effects on health, physical as well as mental.

So, I am just wondering if this is a rarity or quite common?

I do not want to start something like a poll or the likes, just keen to hear peoples views on the subject. Perhaps some do not consider an hour sitting staring a screen worrying?
clifton188
clifton188
18:09 Tue 27 Oct 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Surely it all depends on what people have done in the day and how their body works.For example i work as a roofer so for 8- 10 hours im on my feet daily climbing ladders and the like so if i come home knackered and wanna chill out for a couple of hours that dosnt make me unhealthy surely? And also i watch a lot of stuff online so my pc is always on.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:15 Tue 27 Oct 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
For me, i can't get a job but not stating why (too personal) so i stay at home and rarely go out, i play video games to ease boredom and done so for years. My interest on here is shortly decreasing compared to my peak in 09-11, in those days i could spend all day on here (dinnertime to midnight) with few breaks, nowadays i go on this for 2 hours at night to relax and play friends as barely any games going.

Other things i play are League of Angels (browser) and World of Tanks (Xbox), would like to play Tanks on PC but need more RAM to do it
sarahh
sarahh
20:27 Tue 27 Oct 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
surely you spend over a hour on a computer or laptop with your studies and the like

as cliffy said some people need to rest after a hard day at work

theres about of bad stuff in the world which are worse than being in front of a computer
daviking
daviking
09:59 Fri 11 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thanks for the replies.

I may have spent over an hour on occasion during studies but not in the constant sense you have when playing an online game, the computer is on and handy but you cant look at a screen for that long without going a bit mad!

I have found through my questionnaires that some people have claimed to be so addicted to online gaming as to end up online almost everyday, with some ticking the box that they can be on for 2 hours or more.

Its very worrying and sad
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Internet Study Help

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.