Pop ups freezing screen

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:04 Sun 13 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I know James, I'm old hat at this, but wanted to make it clear this is not what admin are reporting the issue to be. I don't want to downgrade java, as it's at the peril of apps I have that need the latest java to run. Catch 22!
hutch1971
hutch1971
10:37 Sun 13 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
thank you nobody mate .
the___priest
the___priest
12:08 Sun 13 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
buy premium it doesn't happen at all

very very rarely does it happen premium on premium
only happens when none paying members play
premium members

easy to sort really, support the site for a £9.99
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:10 Sun 13 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

premium members

That aint correct, I'm premium and played a premium and got the problem.... only went away when I downgraded Java.
the___priest
the___priest
12:11 Sun 13 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
must have happened once or twice max

fella

java 8 :31 doesn't happen
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:09 Sun 13 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

very very rarely does it happen premium on premium
premium members

Why support a site with all these problems and as time grows, less browsers work and Nick is only one who can try and sort it but he isn't here.

Until Nick returns the problems will only get worse not better.

If you were right then why should users be "forced" to buy Premium to enter tournaments? It defeats the object of a core free site.
virtuoso147_
virtuoso147_
20:19 Sun 13 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
i just had him in carom and freezed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:22 Tue 15 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
It freezes every single time for me, against Hutch ONLY. I can never play carom tourns anymore because of that let alone built any sort of rank. Every time it freezes, i lose 8 ranking points at least, he gets the win (against all opponents) and he wins every single tournament almost without having to play a single frame against regular members.

The funny thing is he is still entering all tourns when he is available, (i assume) so that his tournapoints will reach 1 million or billion or zillion soon lol. Ok, it sounds fun (for him only) ... But what's the real point? Wrong stats, wrong ranks, everything is wrong. And the site is falling apart. I wonder why the hell we're still in here.

There, i said it.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:30 Tue 15 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its a coincidence pal but its a site bug which won't go away until nick returns, unfortunately no one knows when that will be. The logical thing would be not enter when Hutch does and enter when he doesn't.

Its not Hutch's fault but can see why people come to that conclusion.

I haven't entered a tournament in 6 months on snooker but for a special treat i will enter Bud's event he is planning and will be able to see if i disconnect against Hutch
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:31 Tue 15 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nice to see you again though Fuzz
hutch1971
hutch1971
00:41 Tue 15 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol if I new how to cheat and block people from playing I wouldn't . ive spent 6 years on here enjoying the game and banter and the abuse ive only won a few micros with this game freezing cheat I have set up . but like ive said to everyone that comes back in the room and calls me a cheat down grade your java version to a lower level and it will stop it it happening . even I worked that one out by me self . welcome to the it crowd and wipe your feet on your way into the lower java
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:42 Tue 15 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I need to make clear that i did NOT imply that this hutch's fault, or he freezes the screen himself (i was certain about it, but not that sure anymore. He seems like a nice guy, too). But not once it hasnt frozen against him, and not once it frozen against other premium members. What you expect me to believe? Anyway... not blaming hutch!

Yes Im back, hopefully ill be around (but not too much if things don't improve)

Nice to see you here!
hutch1971
hutch1971
00:35 Wed 16 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
just played rank and beat him fair and squ but ha ho il come back with a new cheat soon lolare game didn't freeze must be losing my touch lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:21 Wed 16 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
http://www.funkypool.com/thread/20251/java-solutions-from-september-2015
Just for everyone to understand:-

We know there is a problem with java and premium at the moment where normal members who get a premium member in a tournament end up with the game freezing and then being booted out. We are currently testing to try and sort this out and will get back to you as soon as possible.

It is not any of the premium members fault and we appreciate your patience whilst we sort it out.

thanks

So, it's been quite a while now and no update from admin on this. Its totally unacceptable in 3 parts.... 1) We have a valued and long serving member being called a cheat and abused on here.... 2) That to get around the issue, someone has implied just pay the £9.99... but this is a free site if you wish..... 3) That still, there is no resolution and no update to the issue.. will there ever be, well, I'd not put a bet on it.

Regardless of anything else, if you want the java issue to go away, they you need to install an earlier version.

I run 1.7.0_76 and only once I put this on, the security messages stopped. So that's the answer and not to abuse others on here because of the lack of support from the site owner.

Edited at 11:08 Wed 16/12/15 (GMT)
hutch1971
hutch1971
20:18 Wed 16 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
thank you sir ive been telling every moaner on here to down grade to a lower version but seem to fall on deff ears like ive said before I had this problem and managed to work it out myself and im a it berk as for the abuse don't bother me but thanks for your support
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:46 Fri 25 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I tested this in Carom vs Hutch and i never disconnected, I am on Java 8 Update 31 and had no problems. Only problem i get is when ad changes i get lag spikes on Firefox (Opera was fast enough to cope) so downgrading is the answer, as i tested it on the two names people disconnected against and won both games.

thanks hutch1971 and destroyer_v2 for the experiment
hutch1971
hutch1971
21:02 Fri 25 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
ha ho welcome to the it crowd
daviking
daviking
21:14 Fri 25 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Reading back I do not see anyone saying 8.31 doe not work for this site, the problem is most other Java based sites insist on 8.42 or better due to the various issues.

Downgrading simply is not an option, so what do we do in that case?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:31 Fri 25 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Reading back I do not see anyone saying 8.31 doe not work for this site, the problem is most other Java based sites insist on 8.42 or better due to the various issues.

Downgrading simply is not an option, so what do we do in that case?

If people play those then they need to make a decision, either not play that java game or put up with funky issues.

I haven't got a problem on 8.31 so why would i upgrade when i know these problems occur? until 8.31 is no longer supported then i will continue to use it
daviking
daviking
21:41 Fri 25 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
But what do you do about the other java sites and the security issues?

Nobody in their right mind is going to limit their internet usage just to play a game!
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Pop ups freezing screen

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.