I'm done! Java killed me

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:45 Sun 17 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Had some good times here over the last 7 or 8 years but i'm packing it in. Java issues over the last couple of years and now i cant even get on the game. Been froze out of practically every tournament over last few weeks and have spent about 2 hours today installing different java versions, restarting pc etc. I have had enough now. Surely this couldve been sorted?? I'm finished along with the large amount of others who have left. End of an era. Cheers to all the decent guys on here....you know who you are.
hutch1971
hutch1971
22:04 Sun 17 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
im still waiting for the Christmas prizes and the winner comp not even bud can get on and play lol . dan must looking at the letter box everyday for his prize lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:41 Mon 18 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Same here bud. Been unable to even load the snooker page.
daviking
daviking
18:18 Mon 18 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Oracle announced earlier this year that Java is being phased out so it will be obsolete by the end of the year : http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/28/10858250/oracle-java-plugin-deprecation-jdk-9

Just go to this site instead : http://www.gamedesire.com/game-snooker.html

Over 1500 players online this afternoon so no waiting for games, and is properly designed for modern browsers.

There are loads of other options too
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:46 Mon 18 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
looks okay but this is 2D so used to that

Try Java 8 Update 31 guys, other than that i don't know what to recommend
daviking
daviking
19:35 Mon 18 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
That game is 2D as well, just the same as this except it works effortlessly, with none if the inherent java insecurities, and there are hundreds more players.

Whats not to like
budweiser
budweiser
23:32 Mon 18 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
This site has to be updated well before the end of the year

Loads of people cant even log on...

I havent been able to log on since i got logged off. Black screen with error

Going to lose contact with some people who i speak to... 8years a long time!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:09 Tue 19 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
make a facebook bud
d_legend
d_legend
01:54 Tue 19 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Nothing will ever beat the gameplay of funkysnooker, so this is a great shame.
daviking
daviking
19:43 Tue 19 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Its only a website. Hundreds of sites come and go every day.

Like all sites it could be gone tomorrow but does it matter? Will anyone care?

No. Everyone will just look at something else then go about their business as usual.
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
11:56 Wed 20 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I have the latest java update ..the only issue is it takes about 3-4 minutes to load ..but it does load.

it may ask you to verify the first time
d_legend
d_legend
14:57 Thu 21 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Its only a website. Hundreds of sites come and go every day.

Like all sites it could be gone tomorrow but does it matter? Will anyone care?

No. Everyone will just look at something else then go about their business as usual.

WTF are you banging on about? The only thing that no one cares about are your posts. If you don't care about the site, stop coming on it everyday.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:07 Thu 21 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
+1
daviking
daviking
19:03 Thu 21 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
The amount of animosity some members of this site show towards the people who actually take part (I enter EVERY tournament EVERY time I am online, and would enter many more if they were there to play)

As you know I am doing my thesis based around this site hence my use of recess time to see how it felt to be "addicted", I played almost 3 hours in 4 days!!!

I am most intrigued, however, by your choice of wording : "If you don't care about the site," Why would anyone care about a website? unless of course they suffer from some form of animism which is quite debilitating.

Surely you can see how fascinating a subject it can be studying an old niche website where a few members still hang on (I have spoken to a couple who claimed to be on almost daily ) despite not even playing the game anymore yet moaning about it and jumping upon anyone who tries to suggest improvements with strange insults
d_legend
d_legend
21:30 Thu 21 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I couldn't disagree with you more than I do, it'd be impossible. A thesis? Wow, I could write an entire thesis just as a comeback to your post of a thousand nonsenses, but I just can't be bothered, it's not worth it.
daviking
daviking
14:33 Fri 22 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
So you disagree yet prove my first sentence as perfectly as you could.
Thats an odd form of disagreement!

Come on, lets hear whats wrong with encouraging new players to play more, having more tournaments with lots more entries. Why would that be so bad?
segagod
segagod
08:51 Sun 24 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Its a shame, i not been able to play for 2 or 3 years. I keep coming back hoping its sorted, but nothing :(
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:48 Sun 24 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
no point arguing with him (davi) guys, you won't win the battle, he always has a counter even though, he makes no sense and i know legend is right.

i should take the same leaf from pool with a certain clown but its hard to resist arguing with them.
daviking
daviking
16:39 Mon 25 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
The level of bullying and/or ignorance on this website is amazing. Its no wonder new players get put off. You know i am a woman (as i was ridiculed for it) yet keep on referring to me as "him" and "he". Clearly many of you don't yet understand the concept of girls.

But even leaving that aside. Saying i an wrong and you are right isn't how debates are had.

I have detailed all my ideas and how they would work and benefit the site and all its users. Lets see the detail and counter-suggestions you are so convinced are "right".
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:47 Mon 25 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I apologise for that as i haven't checked your profile but people can lie about genders (no excuse), For example i am from England but profile says Germany. I have no issues with Woman Gamers as my Mum used to play Call of Duty Black Ops II, Black Ops and World at War so know how it feels to be unappreciated, Apologies

For the Counter Suggestions, i'm not going to list them as we would go back and forth in another argument and with Admin monitoring me it seems, i won't risk any further action.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

I'm done! Java killed me

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.