Pages: 189
budweiser
budweiser
01:08 Sat 19 Aug 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Im online, lets play
tombo1
tombo1
07:31 Sun 20 Aug 17 (BST)  [Link]  
I remember when this anti-social piece of crap game ( you can play yourself in chatroom and it'll get you an announcement) first started, that'd it'd be the death of the site. People in general like to play with themselves, why grant that opportunity on a multi player game!!!!!!!!

The world has gone carom mad, because it's the only game you can do well without even having human interaction.

We need to delete (delete delete delete, matt hardy lol) this game as an abomination. The site flourished before it, and will flourish again.

I Asked one of top boys what they make of carom on youtube, they said they thought it was a made up game... steady now... c'monnnnnn.

let's get back to snooker, and clans and that lol.

I wasn't a massive fan of clans, only because it broke my wee heart at the prospect I might lose on the behalf of others, If I did if i'd lose one I was in, but luckily, I didn't lose in them , lol

Still, they were the most competitive ones.

I'm expecting to be banned for life for expressing an opinion, so god bless y'all

Edited at 04:34 Sun 20/08/17 (BST)
chezz
chezz
19:47 Sun 20 Aug 17 (BST)  [Link]  
I've come on to address this... so here goes

1- I don't think you're right about this being the "death of the site", the problem starts with J and rhymes with lava pal

2- It's a harder game to learn and get good at than snooker, for most people anyway, it is easy to learn, so is snooker, but it's harder to master, I've been playing carom for 4 years now (granted on and off) but I still have a long way to go

3- There are still less players playing carom than there are playing snooker, so "The world has gone carom mad" is incorrect, just because there is an active event in carom, doesn't mean everyone plays it

4- Getting a 50 break in arcade is easier than getting an 8 in carom practice, so why shouldn't there be an announcement? and the time and effort to do 100 shots, that deserves an announcement

5- Just because someone else hasn't heard of it, that doesn't mean you can use it to 'validate' your opinion... and that's all it is, an opinion

6- Finally, you shouldn't be banned for this, obviously you've expressed your opinion in the wrong manner and in the wrong thread, but you haven't said anything offensive or used vulgar language, and if you're banned or even muted for this, it's bang out of order

Please stay off the thread, this is a carom league thread, not an opinion expressing thread

I believe I've been polite here, and if I have offended you, I apologize.
chezz
chezz
19:50 Sun 20 Aug 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Fixture 1 - Best of 8

chezz vs virtuoso_147
budweiser vs adam_147
gormous vs paulh1124

Fixture 2 Best of 8

virtuoso_147 vs paulh1124
adam_147 vs gormous
chezz vs budweiser

Cup Fixture

Quarter Final (Quali)

First to 5

paulh1124 vs budweiser
virtuoso_147 vs adam_147

Semi Final

First to 7

chezz vs gormous
Quarter finalist winner 1 vs Quarter finalist winner 2

Couldn't be bothered to member them all, keeps going to the bottom when I do one

I'll be in Vegas* this weekend, so please bare with me

*Vegas = Manchester
chezz
chezz
02:02 Mon 21 Aug 17 (BST)  [Link]  
chezz (0) - (5) virtuoso_

Never expected to roll over like that... thought I'd grab a few, Curt played v well though, with 2 runs of 6, and deserved to win
gormous
gormous
22:20 Wed 23 Aug 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Tombo - I play with myself every night and I never have an announcement :'( I even managed 8 in a row once with the help of some beautiful assistants.
chezz
chezz
02:54 Sat 26 Aug 17 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't suppose you lot can start to play your games any time soon? I mean, I did start again wit people that are normally active... looks like a bad idea
tombo1
tombo1
04:34 Sat 26 Aug 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Sorry for posting on this thread, I didn't realise until tonight lol...

Carom is cool, it's fun sometimes, it's a hard game to master and fair pay to you all who have done that. I appreciate every game type, didn't mean to intrude on a thread, I must've had one or two and had nobody to play with.

You're all class, at every game-type, not just carom, sorry again!

This won't happen again, VIVA CAROM
chezz
chezz
04:55 Sun 27 Aug 17 (BST)  [Link]  
It's cool bro, you didn't intrude, I feel the same for Original haha
tombo1
tombo1
09:25 Sun 27 Aug 17 (BST)  [Link]  
It's cool bro, you didn't intrude, I feel the same for Original haha

lmao
gormous
gormous