Java Solutions - from October 2017

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

spinner
spinner
Admin
21:55 Sat 25 Mar 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Positive news at last! I am well aware this may already be covered but no harm in having it all in one place

Though it was suggested for a while, Mozilla has confirmed continued support for the Java Plugin in Firefox through to the middle of 2018. You need to use the ESR (Extended Support Release) which will continue to receive security updates.

If you try to run a Java plugin, like funkysnooker, it will link to the download page, but in case anyone is having problems, you can get it here :

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/

This means 3 main browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari) are good to go for a year or more yet, by which time Java itself is timetabled to have moved on, however existing versions will continue to work and the site will be migrated to Java Webstart in due course.

The latest version of Java is here : http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Download the offline installer from the above site to avoid the bundled ASK toolbar.

NEVER DOWNLOAD JAVA FROM ANY SITE OTHER THAN JAVA.COM - this is what causes quite a lot of issues, as sites like cnet, download.com etc bundle bloatware, sometimes time-delayed, with downloads.

If you prefer Java 8.31 (which some find prevents the "tournament freeze" bug, you can find the installers here, however this is an old version so may pose security risks so is not recommended by funkysnooker :

32 Bit : http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=101406

64 Bit : http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=101408

EDITED TO UPDATE LINKS

Edited by forum moderator spinner, at 10:25 Wed 11/10/17 (BST)
daviking
daviking
23:57 Tue 28 Mar 17 (BST)  [Link]  
So this guy posts the same thing I have been saying and getting shot down by moderators basically calling me a liar, yet nobody complains here.

What gives?
daviking
daviking
19:38 Tue 16 May 17 (BST)  [Link]  
In case anyone is not aware, Firefox version 52.1.1 is now available, and given recent worm activity would be highly recommended. No patches for Internet Explorer or Safari as yet.

Edited at 16:58 Tue 16/05/17 (BST)
b1gkuz
b1gkuz
17:22 Wed 17 May 17 (BST)  [Link]  
we have the same issue at work....you either go ESR or do not upgrade firefox past 51.1
spinner
spinner
Admin
17:05 Fri 19 May 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Just logged on to post about the 52.1.1 update, but I see I'm 3 days late! Nice one daviking its great to see there are still people helping to keep the site going
winstrol
winstrol
17:30 Fri 19 May 17 (BST)  [Link]  
I echo the above!

I was having real issues getting on the game to practice, but after reading the post made a few days ago by daviking Ive been able to get on and hit some balls around.

Great advice and always on the lookout for more from people as knowledgable as daviking and spinner

Thanks.
_nerdzz_
_nerdzz_
22:32 Sun 21 May 17 (BST)  [Link]  
I've just had to downgrade back to version 51.0.1 (32-bit) to get it working again after it just decided to randomly update itself
winstrol
winstrol
18:27 Mon 22 May 17 (BST)  [Link]  
So this guy posts the same thing I have been saying and getting shot down by moderators basically calling me a liar, yet nobody complains here.

What gives?

God knows.

Sorry to hear somebody was giving you issues when you are clearly helping others and succeeding. I hope you used contact us and reported the incident to admin.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:01 Mon 22 May 17 (BST)  [Link]  
I've just had to downgrade back to version 51.0.1 (32-bit) to get it working again after it just decided to randomly update itself

Sorry it didn't work out pal

You sorted it?
winstrol
winstrol
19:02 Mon 22 May 17 (BST)  [Link]  

If you want some real quality help and advice I would advise giving daviking or spinner a message.

Hope it works out.
_nerdzz_
_nerdzz_
01:36 Fri 26 May 17 (BST)  [Link]  

Sorry it didn't work out pal

You sorted it?

Well not for opera I didn't, before I would get chance to delete the auto update file or disable it on the browser it had already found the update and starting it, tried like 5 times lol.

If you want some real quality help and advice I would advise giving daviking or spinner a message.

Hope it works out.

To be honest it's fine now, only had to go back 1 update anyways so it is pretty much the same.

Appreciate the help though, from both that is.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:07 Fri 26 May 17 (BST)  [Link]  
To be honest it's fine now, only had to go back 1 update anyways so it is pretty much the same.

Glad it's sorted mate and at least some people appreciates what i was trying to do instead of adding fuel to the fire
_nerdzz_
_nerdzz_
21:10 Fri 26 May 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Always appreciate help. As should everyone.
winstrol
winstrol
21:14 Fri 26 May 17 (BST)  [Link]  

Glad it's sorted mate and at least some people appreciates what i was trying to do instead of adding fuel to the fire

I'm not sure if that comment is aimed at me, but if it is the comment is itself adding fuel to the fire. Spinner and daviking offered advice and it succeeded, at least for me, and you was just trying in your own words.

Anyway, let's move on now.

*moved on*

Edited at 18:17 Fri 26/05/17 (BST)
_nerdzz_
_nerdzz_
21:15 Fri 26 May 17 (BST)  [Link]  
spinner
spinner
Admin
13:55 Mon 16 Oct 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Thread bumped for Firefox link update, and to remind people not to pay attention to silly "rumours"
prigkipas
prigkipas
14:52 Thu 21 Dec 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have downloaded Firefox, but it's still not possible to play. I have already Java and OS is Windows 10. Have I miss something?
mushin
mushin
18:07 Thu 21 Dec 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have downloaded Firefox, but it's still not possible to play. I have already Java and OS is Windows 10. Have I miss something?

Try Firefox version 40 or use Comodo Icedragon browser instead.
quickpot_147
quickpot_147
19:42 Thu 21 Dec 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Microsoft explorer and download java works fine
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Java Solutions - from October 2017

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.