are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

I never seem to get a shot for a respotted black

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

broyds
broyds
17:23 Sat 10 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Whenever I play a game and it turns out a tie and there is a respotted black. My opponent almost always wins the toss and is given the shot and as the black is so easy they usually win it every time. Whenever I am behind and know that I can only tie the frame I always try for a snooker if I can, as I know that if I lose, my opponent is like 90% certain to get the respot. Is there a reason for this or am I just incredibly unlucky in this situation, it just seems so unfair.

Personally I think that in a respot situation the black should be on the cushion so that it is impossible to be potted from baulk. That would be so much more fair. I know that this is not how it is in real life, but in real life it is impossible to pot the black on its spot from baulk.

I am talking about arcade snooker by the way. What do you lot think about this? Thoughts?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:19 Sat 10 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
it's always 50-50 so unlucky, it's risky playing for a respot because of this.

Yep it's unrealistic to pot black from baulk but it's an arcade game (no pun intended).

For a long time i have been wanting the idea of the more length the pot is, the larger the cursor is and same on a cushion but wouldn't happen and my reasoning is to make playing safe in baulk relevant again.
broyds
broyds
18:32 Sat 10 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
it's always 50-50 so unlucky, it's risky playing for a respot because of this.

Yep it's unrealistic to pot black from baulk but it's an arcade game (no pun intended).

For a long time i have been wanting the idea of the more length the pot is, the larger the cursor is and same on a cushion but wouldn't happen and my reasoning is to make playing safe in baulk relevant again.

Yeah, I agree with you completely on that idea. Never even thought about that myself. Doubtful any changes will be made now, as nothing seems to be done on this site anymore with regards to the developers.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:46 Sat 10 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah only person that can code is nick and we barely hear from him now so no more fixes are likely (never say never though).

Most people would tap into pack or play safe on the black cushion as usually its straight forward to pot from baulk to black pockets (Orig its tougher but managable) so they have to play behind a baulk colour to gain any advantage. Making long pots harder (meaning more than length of Blue to Black) then it gives more reason for a baulk safety and if near a cushion then it could be made maximum difficulty by making cursor smaller/larger (can't remember which) so a bonus if you land on a cushion but makes not sticking to a cushion important as well on a break.

In Orig on last black before the yellow i always tap black in and take a long yellow, if the cursor was made tougher, would have to try and get to the blue spot area for any good accuracy.

Least thats the idea behind it.
stephenh2014
stephenh2014
23:47 Fri 16 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  

but in real life it is impossible to pot the black on its spot from baulk.

You should watch more Mark Williams matches lol
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

I never seem to get a shot for a respotted black

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.