are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Moderators on funky

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

stephenh2014
stephenh2014
12:20 Fri 7 Dec 18 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm going to keep this as general as possible because I know this thread will be removed if I don't. Just wanted to state my opinion.

All the mods and admin on this site right now are very good and friendly people, but only two of them are even somewhat active, meaning I've seen them on at least once in the last month. It couldn't possibly harm to have another mod who is a bit more active and always willing to help.

Then once you have this mod, who even built up a good reputation as such in the past, and the one mod who is actually active enough to get some things done, I don't think it is in the best interest of funky when he gets stripped from his moderatorship just because he posted he feels the site is going in the wrong direction, which he is obviously willing to do something about as he applied for mod.

Therefore I hope the person who made this decision will look into it again and also hope that some of the few regulars left on here will back me up about this.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:42 Fri 7 Dec 18 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sorry to hear. I'm not that active these days as if i have a game to play on my Xbox, i generally play on that. Not sure on the status of the site these days but i never thought i'd see the day where i wasn't active on here and World of Tanks Console is my new addiction and has been for 4 years but i come on from time to time. I don't really play matches much and not entered a tournament since the prize tournament kinda fell in 2016. That's the last time i entered but i may try and play some games rather than being on the practice table.
sarah
sarah
00:22 Mon 17 Dec 18 (GMT)  [Link]  
I am sure the Admin know what they are doing
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
01:04 Tue 18 Dec 18 (GMT)  [Link]  
There used to be 100's of players on here in the past.

Now you are lucky if there are 10 at any given time.

There really is no point to mods or admin for a site that is slowly dying.

Unfortunately there is no coming back from this and although someone trying to do something is laudable it really is not going to change anything.

Its falling of the page on google and will not get many new players when they cannot use java without a lot of faffing around.

At least it seems the abusers and annoying idiots have gone missing lately(famous last words lol)!!

Still a great game , just a pity someone doesn't develop it and take it off the owners hands.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:07 Sun 23 Dec 18 (GMT)  [Link]  
Unfortunately there is no coming back from this and although someone trying to do something is laudable it really is not going to change anything.

Its falling of the page on google and will not get many new players when they cannot use java without a lot of faffing around.

Still a great game , just a pity someone doesn't develop it and take it off the owners hands.

Agreed. Funky needs to be coded in a New Language but does Nick have the knowledge? At one point in my life i was obsessed with this site and never thought i would see the day where i would barely play. Since the Leagues Collapse i've barely played except for Practice Sessions when i'm not on the Xbox.

I've moved on to Tanks for last 4 1/2 years and now i'm an Ambassador for the game and i have a responsibility to give people up to date news on events so barely on here now and last time i logged into Pool was 24 Days ago but when i log into Pool, it's all about egos on the Dedi's Thread.

As more Browsers close Java Applets, less players we have, I'm using an Old Opera Browser so i'm ok but people like Fuzzy and Hippesville are struggling to play this game due to Firefox and i feel powerless to help them. IE has always worked but the main browsers are slowly going away from Java and if Nick wants the Site to survive, he must act sooner rather than later.

Of course as well, people grow Older, have responsibilities such as Job's and Family but this is much more than that.
stormforce
stormforce
19:29 Sun 23 Dec 18 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hey James. Hope you're well mate.

Things move on. This site has been around a long time, on a technology that is fading, so it's only a matter of time for the site to fade too.

We need to respect this and look upon the fun it has given us over the many years and allow it to pass and we move onto newer things, whatever it may be.

For me, the time is near. I will be moving on, whether that's permanent or just a long break, either way, the site will cease to exist by the time I visit again.

I for one will remember this site with great memories and will always be thankful for the additional friends I have.... and I don't mean just virtual friends... I've met a few of the 'legends' and they are top folk.

In fact, next year, Ireland is the place to be, where I'll be trying to arrange a met up of the legends!

Anyway, hope you all have a great christmas and new year.... even those I never really got on with

Take it easy peeps!
the_boss
the_boss
11:57 Thu 17 Jan 19 (GMT)  [Link]  
I cant take it this site needs reviving I want to start full time on here again :(
budweiser
budweiser
00:42 Fri 15 Feb 19 (GMT)  [Link]  
Too quiet on funky!
the_boss
the_boss
18:07 Mon 25 Mar 19 (GMT)  [Link]  
its gone I think it really aint going to get better is it
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:48 Tue 26 Mar 19 (GMT)  [Link]  

It's been gone for Years tbh. People moved on, Technology moved on but we're still in the Past.
the_boss
the_boss
16:05 Wed 27 Mar 19 (GMT)  [Link]  
nah its lack ov management ie nick hasn't updated the site or anything
justsumgirl
justsumgirl
02:10 Tue 2 Apr 19 (BST)  [Link]  

It's been gone for Years tbh. People moved on, Technology moved on but we're still in the Past.

Love that
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Moderators on funky

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.