Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
cuchulain
cuchulain
04:08 Mon 19 May 08 (BST)  [Link]  
spinner said:

We dont allow firefox on any systems with open internet access, simply due to the instability caused mainly by add-ons (which people who use firefox *always* seem to use) and it's tendancy to run various types of code by default and without a warning.

Ah I see, good point. We control the use of add-ons through Group Policy in Windows Server 2003. Although we seen that some malware and adware can get engrained into Firefox it was much less likely than IE.

spinner said:

Put simply, if you load a slow loading page in tab1, then open a new one, the page in tab2 wont load until tab1 is finished.

Also interesting. I think this has been sorted in recent releases, I have a list of around 30 sites that I use now and again. However to make sure my account isnt deleted I need to login every fortnight or so. So I just use "Open All in tabs". These 30 sites seem to load independently.....they at least share priority anyway.

After googling I found some comparisons (just not with IE)

http://www.thebrowserworld.com/2008/03/29/firefox-30-beta-4-vs-opera-950-beta-vs-safari-31-beta-multiple-sites-opening-test/

Thanks for the input and info Spinner.

Edited at 09:09 Mon 19/05/08 (BST)
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.