outlawing smash breaks on arcade

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
greatest
greatest
16:37 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
surely by making the smash break a foul the game would be better for it,lets remember this is snooker not pool,a tactical game-not a smash n grab.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:17 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
The game is snooker, haven't heard of any rule saying your not allowed to smash the pack from the break. So why should it be different?

I think i'm right in saying Quinton Hann used to smash the pack in professional snooker some years back. If it works you have the chance to go on and take advantage of it. If it doesn't work your opponent has a good chance to take advantage of it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:26 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
If it's not against the official snooker rules (and it's not) then it's not going to be made against the rules here.

Anyway, if the smash option wasn't available you would see more of the tap up style breaks which are the worst type of shot anyone can play on this site as there is no re-rack option.

I could personally see it leading to most of my own opponents tapping up to the pack and then me splitting them anyway so would make very little difference. Would just be splitting them from a different angle.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:48 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
greatest said:
surely by making the smash break a foul the game would be better for it,lets remember this is snooker not pool,a tactical game-not a smash n grab.
That is quite possibly the worse, most stupid suggestion I have read on here in the two years I have been here
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:50 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
lol yeah

i hate tappy break, orig i can deal with and maybe reg but arcade not a chance.

i have learned to get the patience to tap with people but bores me after 10 minutes or so.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:04 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I detest rolling up to the pack on break off shots. If you try and get back to baulk and only move one red off the pack then thats fine with me.

I used to always smash the pack in all formats then I realised it was easier to make high breaks when you dont smash the pack from the start.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:07 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah i found that out in orig, i usually play behind green, sometimes works sometimes doesn't but it usually frees up a couple of reds.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:10 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I usually find that if they do roll into the pack that if you knock out a red and leave it difficult, they will try roll in again and half the time they hit it too light and leave the loose red on. Its all about using their strategy against them for your own benefit

Worst comes to the worst they pot a red or maybe two and dont have the skill to develop any more reds and are 10 points ahead
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:14 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
1 thing i dont like is when they smash reds from safe place (break is fine) and pot one but you have to expect anything and everything.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:23 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
1 thing i dont like is when they smash reds from safe place (break is fine) and pot one but you have to expect anything and everything.
I often do that if i am on 38-45 break and hope for the best
greatest
greatest
18:43 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
smashing the balls all over is pretty pathetic if you are older than 12 tbh.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:47 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
sitting there tapping for 10mins on a online snooker game is a bit pathetic aswell loooool,not as if ure walking away with a big fat cheque if u win is it?..................tapping=BORING
greatest
greatest
18:49 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
g_echo_l said:
I detest rolling up to the pack on break off shots. If you try and get back to baulk and only move one red off the pack then thats fine with me.

I used to always smash the pack in all formats then I realised it was easier to make high breaks when you dont smash the pack from the start.

thanks for backing me up inadvertently.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:52 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah i agree with the above,but getting a foul for playing a none illegal shot?hows that work lol
greatest
greatest
18:58 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
the smash break can turn a match up into a 1 player game if he pots,pretty daft if you ask me-you could lose a game without having a shot.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:07 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Then that's just tough schizzle.

Not being able to smash the break will kill Arcade as all the decent players won't play it anymore because of some stupid and pointless rule.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:08 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
tapping can be boring to be fair, if you dont like smash breaks play original, only selected players do it.
baff
baff
Admin
19:13 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
greatest said:
the smash break can turn a match up into a 1 player game if he pots,pretty daft if you ask me-you could lose a game without having a shot.

You can also lose a game in reg or orig without playing a shot too .. I've done it once or twice, and been on the receiving end. I personally feel that a lot more skill is involved with 15 reds on a large table though.

Outlawing the smash break would not add anything to the game in my opinion. The idea is to pot balls, after all. If you don't want to pot..... play carom
greatest
greatest
19:16 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
"GG -jolly good break of 100 without me even playing a shot,watching you pot every ball without taking my eyes off the screen was amazing"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:17 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Good to see your changing your mind.

Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

outlawing smash breaks on arcade

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.