Admin
20:00 Tue 30 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
That'll be fixed next patch.
nick
nick
Admin
13:12 Wed 1 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Fixed.

Also monthly TournaPoints event has started for December.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:17 Wed 1 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
he may have wanted a fair rank mo rather than gaining rank for no reason.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:48 Wed 1 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i no m8 was jking lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:53 Thu 2 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
http://www.funkysnooker.com/member/bassleader

look at his carom stats - comfusing

even happened to me. i think its happened to everyone.

same with power snook stats

Edited at 08:59 Thu 02/12/10 (GMT)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:37 Thu 2 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Carom Adept
Ranking 747.5 (80th)
Maximum 740.0
Wins 83 (44.4%)
Losses 104 (55.6%)
Turn Success 685 of 1,651 (41.5%)
Greatest Run 7
Runs of 5+ 11
Tournament Wins 1

Killer Snooker Newbie
Ranked Games 10 / 50
Ranking 739.5 (1,201st)
Maximum 708.1
Wins 7 (70.0%)
Losses 3 (30.0%)
Turn Success 71 of 88 (80.7%)
Safeties 16 of 66 (24.2%)
Overall 104.9%

ones in bold is one you need to look at, although its nice to have rank out of nowhere, it doesn't feel right.

Carom i was on 740 and not sure on killer.

cheers
cue_power
cue_power
19:41 Sun 5 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nick, I was just participating in a semi final and was about to pocket the pink which was positioned over the pocket to win the match.

As I went to cue the shot the carom tournament popped up saying it had started, I wasnt entered in the carom but then the weirdest thing happened.

I hadnt pushed taken the shot but for some reason it took the shot its self. This made me miss the pink and lost me 8.1 ranking points and nearly lost me the semi-final.

I can only assume it was the carom tournament notification popping up that temporaily disfigured me, resulting in the missed shot.

Just to let you know like, incase it continues to happen to people. It was the same sort of thing as when an opponent leaves and it takes your shot for you.

This really needs to be stopped.
cue_power
cue_power
19:46 Sun 5 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Also I would just like to know -

When you entre the 11pm tournament, say if it finished past midnight would the points recieved count from 11pm or would it count for the next day?

So the 11pm tourny tonight, if i were to entre it and won it with it finishing at 1am. Would I be credited for 5th of December or the 6th of December.

Cheers.
nick
nick
Admin
21:17 Sun 5 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I've never heard of the game taking a shot for you - but it could be the random shot after timeout?

TournaPoints count for the time they are given (ie at tournament end), not tournament start time.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:19 Sun 5 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
when a guest leaves nick when you are taking your shot the cue goes into random direction and takes your shot for you (no random shot).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:22 Sun 5 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
He means when your opponent leaves, it throws the cursor random and way off. So if you happen to be pushing mouse through to play your shot and your opponent leaves as you do so the cursor gets thrown resulting in a shot where the cue ball would go in a total different direction to what you would have aimed.
cue_power
cue_power
01:21 Mon 6 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes exactly this.

However this was slightly different as I hadnt clicked down the mouse to play the shot. I had aimed the shot but not left clicked my mouse. when this message -

TOURNAMENT: Carom Tournament has started blah blah points, good luck

My screen then took the shot. It was after an opponent had missed and hung the pink. It was less than 5 seconds after their miss so no chance of a random. Also no message was displayed accusing me of randoming.

All I had done was aim the ball. Then it glitched and did all the rest for me. Maybe my opponent had clicked down, or something like that, and the computer maybe thought it was his shot, like a glitch. So he just clicked or whatever and it took my shot. Thats how it felt.

Obviously I dont even know if that is possible but nothing is clear and it has never happened before. Im just happy I showed professionalism in the end to win the tournament.

But if you would like to credit me with 8.1 ranking points on arcade Nick, would seem a fair result
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:22 Thu 16 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
like this update, its giving other players a better chance
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:16 Sat 18 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
was in reg final and my invite for arcade tourney came up - knew i wasnt gonna make it so declined invite

it then said - take quickly or be dqed etc etc

surely if you leave the tourney by declining invite you shouldnt lose ranking points
nick
nick
Admin
03:56 Sat 18 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
emily said:
was in reg final and my invite for arcade tourney came up - knew i wasnt gonna make it so declined invite

it then said - take quickly or be dqed etc etc

surely if you leave the tourney by declining invite you shouldnt lose ranking points

Why, seems you should forfeit the game?

Ranking points on here do include things outside your playing ability eg ability to conclude a match or tournament (for internet and computing problems too).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:17 Sat 18 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
after thinking about i agree with ya lol

soz for the stupid post!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:20 Thu 6 Jan 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
You know the warning you get when you join a tournament saying that you are commiting to playing.... surely that isnt correct since you can actually change your mind and leave before it starts if you desire?

Only a minor thing but im in that sort of mood
Pages: 11213
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.