Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

MGS (Metal Gear Solid) Chat

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:19 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
already have, can't move when laid down is poor for peacewalker but ive only played the first mission so far
haggisdcfc
haggisdcfc
13:54 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
anyone know how to do the second boss on it?

the flying one it takes me ages and i havnt got enough rations
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:09 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
which game?
iamtheworst
iamtheworst
16:28 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
How are you finding the game? I've completed MG1 and since then, I've been playing the MGS2 VR missions attempting top score in each one. So far, so good. I've got about 61% of Snake's completed. For anyone thats done it, do you have any tips for Snake's First Person View mission 4? The one where its pitch black with the only light coming when you raise your pistol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:38 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Been playing the HD collection and just completed MGS 2 for the first time. Wasn't as good as number 1 but was still a great game. Very complex and interesting story with allot of twists and now i can't wait to play Snake Eater!!. Don't know why everyone made a fuss over playing as Raiden. Wasn't as good as playing as Snake but he was an interesting character. Just hated his long soppy convos with Rose lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:55 Fri 17 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Snake Eater is amazing!!!! lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:09 Mon 5 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bumpy

started playing this this week.

MGS2 - Missions:

Snake - VR Elimination - done
Bomb - got to mission where i have to defuse 3 4 or even 5 bombs, its in A of the tanker where 2 soldiers are sat down awake and i have to spray them with coolant and if im spotted i have 50,000 guards after me with no means of escape
Hold Up - Level 2

Weapon Mode -

No Weapon - done (top score on level 1 + 2)
Nikita - Level 2
PSG-1 - Level 4
rest done

25% complete with snake so far, some of them are hard though.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:11 Mon 5 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Snake Eater, got to the Warehouse after i beat the Pain (near Sniper Rifle) got a chance to kill the End before i have to face him on Sniper field (gonna be hard without a red dot locator).
haggisdcfc
haggisdcfc
21:36 Mon 5 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
completed the last one the other week, loved all the time on it, its abit sad knowing a game you've grown up with its the end of an era,

i was gutted when i thought he was dead, enjoyed all the campains with him then he dies like that, but he doesnt does he ;)
iamtheworst
iamtheworst
23:36 Mon 5 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bumpy

started playing this this week.

MGS2 - Missions:

Snake - VR Elimination - done
Bomb - got to mission where i have to defuse 3 4 or even 5 bombs, its in A of the tanker where 2 soldiers are sat down awake and i have to spray them with coolant and if im spotted i have 50,000 guards after me with no means of escape
Hold Up - Level 2

Weapon Mode -

No Weapon - done (top score on level 1 + 2)
Nikita - Level 2
PSG-1 - Level 4
rest done

25% complete with snake so far, some of them are hard though.

Spoiler: Solution for the Bomb Defusal one you're on.

For the bomb defusal one with Snake, you should have a weapon. If you stand just outside of their view, you can hold them up. Then just move behind them and spray them with the coolant and this should get them.

I'm still working on getting top score on them all. I've completed all of Raiden's and Snake's as such right now, about 70% of the way through Pliskin's with top score. Also got Ninja Raiden unlocked to do as well.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:22 Tue 6 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
atm ive just worked on snakes, and done 1 or 2 for raiden.

also cheers for tip ill try it tomorrow

gl with your top score thing.
iamtheworst
iamtheworst
00:45 Tue 6 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Haha thanks. Most of them weren't that difficult, just took quite a few attempts while I was learning the controls. A lot of them sort of repeat as well. Currently attempting to do Pliskin's unarmed 5. Managed to get to about 36000 but thats still about 3000 short.

By the way, good luck with Snake's Variety mission 4 when you come to it, that one was a female dog to actually complete, never mind get top score on!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:50 Tue 6 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
cheers, i just aim to do the level, top 3 is a bonus, although i may go back and do them when ive done them all

do you have to 100% complete a character to unlock next one?
iamtheworst
iamtheworst
01:08 Tue 6 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
With the first Snake and Raiden missions, you only need to score 50% to unlock Pliskin/Ninja Raiden.

I'm currently 68% of the way through PLiskin's though and I haven't unlocked Snake's next character so I reckon its gonna be 100% after that.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:14 Tue 6 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
cool, i bet they are much harder the more characters you unlock.

1st time i played missions i got to level 5 with raidens elimination mode (Shell 1 Core with 1 Stun grenade and Claymores) then because i thought it saved automatically i turned xbox off and then had to do it again

one annoying thing about MGS though (or even xbox in general) is you can only have one save file, or i think so anyway.
iamtheworst
iamtheworst
01:29 Tue 6 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
In this MGS, you can create as many as you like. With the missions, if you say you don't want to load I think you can start a new file. You can definitely start more than one in the campaign.

And Elimination 5, the one where you finish in the room with the Emma's parrot? I've just had a look at that one again, not too hard

And about the difficulty; the ones I've done so far haven't been that hard. Completed in two or three attempts for the most part. There've been maybe a few dozen that have required practice. I've got about 80 hours on my missions save file purely because I've tried multiple times on a lot of them for top score. If you just aim for completion, it could probably take about 30 hours.

Edited at 23:33 Mon 05/03/12 (GMT)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:36 Tue 6 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
yep thats one, snakes was easy killed 3 people with 1 stun grenade haha.

think ive spent about 4-5 hours on mine, the bomb disposal for snake in Arsenal Gear was a nightmare to find one under the bridge, i could hear sounds looking all over (for at least 4-5 minutes) then i thought dam when i saw it.
iamtheworst
iamtheworst
01:41 Tue 6 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Haha, when I've got a weapon, I try and hold them up and a quick tap to the gentleman's region (seriously, the medical word for balls is blocked?!) and they're down .

Raiden's fifth though should take you 3 stun grenades if you do it properly. You start with 7 so its not too bad .

I thought the bomb disposal ones were really clever with some of the places the bombs were hidden. Have you come across any of the missions in near perfect darkness yet?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:44 Tue 6 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
not yet all been in light conditions but im only 25% through snakes (mostly by doing weapon mode).
iamtheworst
iamtheworst
01:48 Tue 6 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ha, the way you're going I think the first one you'll find is in Snake's First Person View. Can't remember which mission though :P

I'm stuck on Pliskin's Unarmed 5 still. Completed ages ago, but I'm still 3000-4000 points short every time :/
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

MGS (Metal Gear Solid) Chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.