Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Everything Football (results and reactions 3)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19899
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:17 Wed 3 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Chris Foy, the ref who gave "only" 4 minutes stoppage time to United against Spurs last week has been relegated to league 2 this week. He's going to be refereeing Accrington Stanleys home game.

The FA really are a disgusting organisation.

The message refs will get from this; don't get on the wrong side of United.

Posted Image

Edited at 23:23 Tue 02/10/12 (BST)

Edited at 23:23 Tue 02/10/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:27 Sun 7 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Swindon under an embargo for spending too much basically :L

PdC not too happy he can't sign his usual 5 loan signings a month. Squad is big enough as it is!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:59 Mon 8 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Still yet to see Suarez dive for Liverpool. Seem Gerrard dive, seen Carragher dive not seen Suarez dive yet.
Do we all agree now?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:36 Mon 8 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
^^^^ hahaha I thought you were a Liverpool fan 2good, surely you must of seen Suarez play and dive many a times...

Didn't see the highlights from yesterday but from what I heard he was diving all over the place. It was that bad Tony Pulis is reporting it to the FA or summit so I heard.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:47 Mon 8 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Just seen it then not seen the game because I was still gutted from Warringtons loss to leeds in the Rugby. A game where a man had his testicle ruptured but carried on for the rest of the game only to have it removed a day later. Sums up where football ranks in the world of true sport to me.

Anyway, this dive. It wasn't even good. Refs should realise now that he's not even good at it and give the ones where he's actually brought down. Suarez can join a long list of embarrassing footballers who do embarrassing things to embarrass fans of the game. The game needs cleaning up because it is just stupid at the moment. Barely sport, just full of idiots on the field and off it.

Maybe it's because Liverpool are now less than useless but my love and interest in the game dies with every coming day. The game is over played, and over paid. To much of it on the tele and in the media.

Pulis can do one. His team is the dirtiest bunch of players you are likely to come across.

Just found this for instance, I don't know how I've not heard of it sooner as the media seem keen on reporting every single Suarez moment ever to have happened, but there you go.

Wtf even is that? Horrible coward. What about that, Tony? Isn't that an embarrassment to the game too? Just reading now the FA are doing nothing because an official saw it. So if an official saw it and let it happen, then why is he still officiating?

Hurry back Super League.

Edited at 20:58 Mon 08/10/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:57 Mon 8 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
clattenburg still refs prem matches
mich
mich
14:00 Tue 9 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
All this about Suarez when Bale done a dive 50 times worse and no one speaks of it...

I agree it should be taken out of the game but to say he was diving everywhere on Sunday is utter rubbish, he dived once, was even clipped in the box in the first half and stayed on his feet surely of he was so bad he'd have went down.

Glen Johnson got assaulted on Sunday in the first half jumped up for a header and tried to keep the ball in and got rugby tackled while in mid air. Now as far as I am aware in Rugby you can't even tackle when a player is in mid air because of the danger that comes with it, yet Stoke get away with it.

Another thing that made me laugh was Raheem Sterling and Suso are hardly stocky players yet when they made the Stoke defence look like mugs by out muscling them the big hard Stokies dropped to the floor like a sack of spuds... Must have been the embarrassment of getting out muscled by a 17 year old kid who weighs about 9 stone.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:13 Tue 9 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Nobody is saying that others don't dive and that Liverpool players don't get fouled.
But to claim that Suarez isn't a diver when he's one of the most prolific ones in the game is laughable.
mich
mich
14:49 Tue 9 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The amounts of times you hear people say "if you get caught in the box you go down and try and win your team a penalty", I have heard past and present footballers say this week in week out when commenting on games. Yet they all highlight it and say its a disgrace when it happens. And simulation is a disgrace to the sport, but you have every right if caught to go down, this is what Suarez does barring the ridiculous one he done this week.

Bale done a dive worthy if the Olympic gold this week, yet no one is concentrating in this particular case, he dives more than Busquets.

I can understand people want to take this out the game but first they should kick the thugs out of the game. Tiote(I think), Van Persie and Huth all done things worthy of being arrested this week, with Tiote the ball was there just a very poor tackle the other two have no excuse, kick Joey Barton out too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:32 Tue 9 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Not seen any football this week, but you say Bale has gone for a dive too? Why then has he not had front page BBC sport headlines calling him a cheat? Why was I not reading about him on the way to work this morning on the Metro like I was with Luis?

Brendan Rodgers said everything you need to know on the issue:

"As manager of this football club I find it incredible that in nearly all the coverage about Luis Suarez this weekend, very little focus has been placed on the fact that he was actually the victim of a stamping incident within the first five minutes of the game," said Rodgers.

"At this moment there seems to be one set of rules for Luis and another set for everyone else.

"Diving and simulation is obviously a wider issue in football and one that we all agree has to be eradicated from our game but there were other incidents this weekend that didn't seem to generate the same coverage.

"No one should be distracted by the real issue here, both at Anfield and at another game played on Sunday, when Luis and another player were hurt in off-the-ball incidents that went unpunished but were caught on TV cameras.

"I believe some people need to develop a sense of perspective and I also believe in this moment the vilification of Luis is both wrong and unfair.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
22:16 Tue 9 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
^All probably true. But Suarez is still a diver
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:01 Wed 10 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Undeniably. I knew before he come here what sort of player he was, I just had never seen him dive in a Liverpool shirt before this weekend.

The thing is though Suarez has no responsibility to anyone. What he does in his life is irrelevant. He has no power on others.

The media though in their which hunt are trying to hound him out of the country, and the more they go on, the worse his life will become. The lad has already had death threats, he is already the most hated man in the country, I'd say just above the April Jones murderer, so what else are they now trying to accomplish? All he is doing is kicking a modified pigs bladders about.

It is as if by making Suarez out to be a savage, people will forget the Terry and Cole scandal. That Gareth Bale has dived 4 or 5 times now in the past season and a bit, that the FA are useless.

Anybody with half a brain or the will to look past club allegiances can see that Suarez is a fiery character with personalty defaults, but he is nowhere close to being as vicious and vindictive as those who monitor his every movement, waiting to paint him as a dirty cheating South American rat.

The stamp on him has been ignored completely, as has the fact he should have been given 3 penalties in the past 3 weeks before last week.

The game needs Suarez in this country. Once he's gone and we get back to football then away from the scandals, the standard in this league has again been inferior to La Liga despite all the money spent.

Edited at 21:05 Tue 09/10/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:41 Wed 10 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Say what you like about Suarez at least he doesn't shoot work experience kids up the bum *cough*Cole*cough*.
mich
mich
01:15 Wed 10 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Ahhh, hope you all have a good giggle at that video, in clear view of the linesman too.
jack_pot
jack_pot
21:36 Fri 12 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
lolololoserpool
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:18 Sat 13 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
lolololoserpool

Brilliant

-------

Jen Chang, what were you thinking? Christ
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:03 Sat 13 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Gareth Bale again tonight against Scotland.

Posted Image

Get ready for the comparisons to cancer Bale like Suarez had this week. Oh wait.
mich
mich
14:13 Mon 15 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Wonder why we never heard anything about Bale diving by the British media? Or the FA? Or FIFA?

Corrupt.

Just sayin' like.

He clearly dived in both the video and the pictures posted above by myself and 2good, yet nothing said or done about it. Suarez does it and gets accused by FIFA of cheating, now if you say it about one you have to say it about them all... Let's hear you say it about Bale, or any of the Barcelona team who only need to be touched by a feather and they drop like a tonne of bricks. Or better still let's hear you say it when golden boy Ronado dives.

Yeah doubt it would ever happen myself, it's just because Suarez is a easy target having been in trouble in the past, and in one case that was only "probable" not definite, again just making a point.

Suarez could get attacked with a machete in the box and still not win a pen this season, referees should not take anything in the past into consideration but should concentrate on the game in question.

Rant over.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:45 Mon 15 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Suarez could get attacked with a machete in the box and still not win a pen this season, referees should not take anything in the past into consideration but should concentrate on the game in question.
Reputation always factors into decisions though. It's incredibly difficult to see and hear fouls in the box with 60,000 people screaming at you. If the referee is unsure about whether it's a penalty or not, he will be more likely to play on if a known diver is on the receiving end.

You're right about the rest of the divers and Bale should be criticized a lot more publicly. Although in the clip you posted he clearly trips over his own legs- either through contact with the other player or because he was clumsy. I wouldn't call that a dive though.

I remember that Ronaldo's diving was talked about very often when I was still living in England around 2008. The difference is that Ronaldo didn't racially abuse others, didn't win a World Cup quarterfinal in Africa against the only remaining African team with an intentional handball, didn't bite other players in the shoulder, and generally wasn't such a &%#%$*.
You know I'm no Suarez fan- I think he can pretty much blame himself for all the attention he's getting.
mich
mich
15:05 Mon 15 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Listen if you could put your country through to the semi final of a world cup by intentionally handballing on the line, you would do so too. The biting, that was and always will be animalistic behaviour and no one can condone what he did.

The racism as said at the time and is the case now is down to "probability" and with Man Utd board members on the "independent panel" looking into things, it was always going to happen, they knew they had no solid evidence. Just one persons say so with a few witnesses, over another persons say so with a few witnesses.

The picture that 2good posted shows that he tripped over his own leg yes, but in my view he was still looking for it. If you saw the video I posted before it was removed you will see the most blatant dive yet, was hilarious, will try find you another video so you can have a laugh.

Ronaldo, Yes you are correct there was talk in England about his diving, not from the FA or FIFA saying he should be banned for it though, just from other fans of other teams really.

Here's that Bale dive from just 8 days ago.

Pages: 19899
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Everything Football (results and reactions 3)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.