Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:21 Thu 2 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
i have an idea though, this year select one person who has played that game type the most that year (e.g. tyler arc, sarahh reg etc) and let them choose 3 nominees, they would need to reflect ALL year rather than just the ending).

then it would be a difficult choice.

exactly, and you really need people who notice breaks, runs, rank etc
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
22:25 Thu 2 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Remember how loads of people posted their opinions on the other thread since August? Why not just count those up?
sarahh
sarahh
22:46 Thu 2 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dont be geeting me involved lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:11 Thu 2 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
erm... dont you mean... Getting?
m_wood
m_wood
18:21 Fri 3 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ive just seen some replys on here.

So the answers....

There was a Nominations Thread for people to nominate who they thought should be up for the awards. Simply, the highest 3 voted people were put towards the final nomination.It was fair because it was YOUR Nominations.The simple fact is, that in the case of Apreggi or Destiny or whomever.. 3 or more people got more Nominations n thats basically it. People talked about.. think it was Damee in my Inbox saying Destiny didnt get a nomination in the Final Round... but if you look back at YOUR NOMINATIONS, i think 1 person voted for him thats it. So thats how it worked people

CoughPowerDeservedCough
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:22 Fri 3 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
1 person voted for me?

Fgs why do i even bother lol
sarahh
sarahh
18:23 Fri 3 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
polida said:
erm... dont you mean... Getting?

thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:23 Fri 3 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Go warm some more milk bottles up
m_wood
m_wood
18:37 Fri 3 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
arpeggi said:
1 person voted for me?

Fgs why do i even bother lol

Actually you got 2 votes for the Original Nominations (whocares & dgen).. but contrast with Brentologist who got 14.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:09 Sat 4 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hahahahahahaha, just shows how must this WAS NOT a 2011 vote.....more like 3 months
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:38 Sat 4 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Peggi settle down its done

but yeah the judging panel was a joke, who are they
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:43 Sat 4 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
uh huh, lets just say we will be dam sure this year aint a repeat of that joke
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
02:47 Sat 4 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
buzologist said:
Peggi settle down its done

but yeah the judging panel was a joke, who are they

i am not sure mate ..who are YOU ..?

That panel are not a joke ..but are mostly regular players on here who see what goes on day to day , unlike yourself who can only concern yourself with changing your name , your pic and your clan on a daily basis and they are as much personalities on the game as anyone and many are as good a judge as any .
They see the breaks..the stats ..

Peggi has a good point but I for one did not know he was away becoming a dad ..(congrats mate)..so as far as I and many others knew ..he had more or less left the game..Welcome back.

Woody put it together largely for fun and as no one else was going to do it he chose the judges , admittedly eclectic but was just a good laugh .

The difficulty is who do you choose as judges , people will always vote for their buddies ..or vote for their clan ..etc ..

Can't wait till next year and see how it all goes off then

Edited at 01:11 Sat 04/02/12 (GMT)

Edited at 01:11 Sat 04/02/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:32 Sat 4 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well said mate, if no one else will, ill make it as fair as humanly possible, otherwise i might call it

give your pals a pat on the back 2012
m_wood
m_wood
04:49 Sat 4 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lol... It was Fair.
There were many players whom coulda/shoulda been up for some awards. Thewhirlwind, Hustler, Tinie whom dominated the start of 2011 and the end of it. Reading Brents profile he reached 987 on Orig... 5 maxes in 24 hours?... Plus, Dgen and Buzologistwhoever said that yes Apreggi should be nominated, but they would both of voted for Whocares anyway. Maybe the case of Out of sight out of mind I duno. But everyone was appreciating Brentologist throughout the year from all circles, maybe nobody knew what Apreggi was doing apart from his team mates I duno? Overlooking in favour of Brent. Assuming.

Judging Panel...
FSE - Damee, Tyler, Adam, I am God - Damee chose not to
D&C - Kili, Dgen, Tinie, Virt, Seb (had me on ignore so couldnt send the voting to him)
Vikings - Hughsy, Smithy
Blackballers - Odee, Sting?
Allstarz - Sarahh Slatty, Junster

Others like Storm, Duke whom play anything.

So i'd say it was pretty fair and a mix of people and clans

Edited at 02:52 Sat 04/02/12 (GMT)
m_wood
m_wood
04:54 Sat 4 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
PS To ALL...

I also posted all these results... and also then had Late votes from...

Fatboysam
Jack_Pot
Spirit2010

None of their votes influenced ANY of the Results.. fortunatly lol

Only way to make it 'fairer' is to have I dunno a 6 month one. So nobody from the first half of the year is forgotten. For instance I myself voted for Scobansco as he was great at the beginning of 2011 but nobody knows about him

Edited at 02:57 Sat 04/02/12 (GMT)
m_wood
m_wood
05:06 Sat 4 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Anyway.... the 2012 Host has HUUUUUUGE shoes to fill.. and alot of pressure to Top the Showcase of 2011
Posted Image
adam_147
adam_147
05:22 Sat 4 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
There will always be disagreements though as people vote on different criteria, and whichever has the greater representation on the judging panel will win out. Take power for example:

most tournament wins: m_wood
best cents per match: whocares8x8
highest ranking: whocares8x8
best win %: Destiny (won 121, lost 4... ridiculous)
best big breaker: Damee

Depending on what you are voting on, your choice will be very different. can't see a way of remedying this though.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
11:14 Sat 4 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
m_wood said:
D&C - Kili, Dgen, Tinie, Virt, Seb (had me on ignore so couldnt send the voting to him)
Two things here:
1. I want to point out to everyone that virtuoso1978 or buzologist is NOT in D&C. He just has our pic up for some reason.

2. I still have you on ignore
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:17 Sat 4 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Killi.. if you take one look and realise i put a face.. i was joking around, before you decide to give me a lecture, think about the fact it was a spoiler and a face, as its pretty clear i was being sarcastic.
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

2011 FunkySnooker Awards... THE RESULTS

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.