Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
timpark
timpark
20:31 Sun 5 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Glasgow rangers on their knees.

rangers suffered another set back today as they went down 2-0 at home to dundee utd in the Scottish cup,this follows a turbulent week at ibrox stadium when they sold their star player to everton for 5million pounds under a cloud of controversy as its reported in Glasgow rangers had to sell him as their finance's are in dire straits.

2 months ago rangers were 15 points clear of arch rivals Celtic, now rangers find them selves 4 points behind the champions elect ,but the biggest fight in rangers season has still to come as they are contesting an unpaid tax bill of at least 10 million pounds,if rangers lose that case and they will it could mean the end of glasgow rangers as we know them

if they lose that case they have to pay the bill immediately ,if they fail to pay up serious consequences will follow i.e administration,points deduction,frozen assets and possible closure not to mention relegation

but lets look on the bright side,,Glasgow will have the biggest McDonald's fast food restaurant in the world..

im loving it
hail hail
si123
si123
20:39 Sun 5 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
What annoys me about SPL there are 2 big teams that's all they both sell out every single week they both have massive popularity but they can't make any money!!

Stoke City 12th in Premierleague (12th in Premierleague is about 1st in SPL) we get 27,700 fans at home and our owners only have to put £6mil into the club each season as everything else is produced from revenue.

I don't know how the biggest teams in Scotland are in such poor value, maybe there is a reason and if you know then please explain I just don't know...New owners needed? Reduction of players wages possibly? Are you allowed buy beer in the Stadium at half time? All these things could make the big difference I guess.

Also just to note, I don't think Rangers would ever shut down afterall they are a extremly large club just with no money and sure there is an investor somewhere that will come to their aid.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:44 Sun 5 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Im a rangers fan.. boo hoo

would say more, however i wish to not comment on the clubs state at the moment lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:46 Sun 5 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
reminds me of derby county
ecwwwe
ecwwwe
00:23 Mon 6 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
It doesn't help when we're selling star players like Jelavic & Miller
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:55 Mon 6 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Tis a terrible league the SPL. If Celtic and Rangers would behave themselves they'd be allowed into the English League system and would become huge clubs to rival the premier leagues best sides.

They would have to start in League 2 but they would easily be in the premier league within 10 seasons.
timpark
timpark
12:08 Mon 6 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i dont think yous "non old firm " fans comprehend the size of celtic f.c
Celtic F.C are constantly in the top 15/20 biggest clubs in the world,regularly in the top ten.

the history of the famous hoops is legendary,their fan base is truly worldwide ,and they boast a string of "firsts" i.e the european cup in 1967 playing a brand of football never seen before,that team the "lisbon lions" are still hailed the best team EVER,For those of you who dont " the lisbon lions" were all scots, all local to the area surrounding "celtic park" there has never been a team like glasgow celtic ,i could go on all day about them ,just read the history of celtic it will truly amaze you
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:53 Mon 6 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Aren't Rangers the more successful?

Anyway, I think Celtic should be very worried about Rangers. You need them to give your league any small amount of credibility.

If they fold, or become poorer, the SPL really is going to struggle along with all of its teams.
cue_power
cue_power
16:32 Mon 6 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Exactly.

I have seen all these "Haha Rangers" Pages on facebook...

Fact of the matter is... if Rangers fold.. so will Scottish football entirely... Haha! So Celtic fans are like... cheering on their own destruction? Thats how stupid they are .

As well as stupid, they are demonstrating their weakness and showing what cowards they are.

Me as a predominant Chelsea fan... would hate it if Spurs, Arsenal, United, City or even Liverpool who I hate... were to fold or disappear from the league.

Also I think that the old firm derbys are the biggest revenue maker for the cottish League, it gets all the advertisment... behind that game is Celtic Aberdeen and Rangers Motherwell... and those games bring in 20% of the Rangers v Celtic matches!

So as advertisers, who will want to invest into the league? Won't have any major sponsers.

@ Tim - Celtic top 10? Haha. Someones been on the buckfast.
mich
mich
16:49 Mon 6 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Completely agree Derry, you got all these fans cheering the demise of Rangers yet it is going to kill Scottish football as a whole.

The league is already small and terrible, only really 2 teams there that can kinda compete, wouldn't even say on some days they are premiership quality teams.

Celtic will be next, and the uproar they will cause while being laughed at by everyone else will be rather fun to watch. You shouldn't be cheering the fall of the best Scottish team, this is the equivalent of both Manchester teams, Liverpool Arsenal Chelsea and Spurs all folding. Or all apart from one folding should I say, there would be absolutely no contest, the league would become more boring.

There is just one statement that sums this whole story up...

"Money has ruined football."
ecwwwe
ecwwwe
17:09 Mon 6 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Mich has summed it up perfectly.

"Money has ruined football."

I think English people only have to look at the destruction of Pompey and Leeds to see what administration can do to a big club. Imo, the Premier League is nowhere near as good as it was without Leeds, and even Pompey made it a great league.

Rangers are my Scottish team, and i'd hate to see us go the same way as Leeds and Pompey. I guess time will tell :/
si123
si123
17:59 Mon 6 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Favourite Scottish team - Celtic

But like it's been mentioned in the last few posts, the SPL can not function without 1 of the other, them 2 teams are the only ones that produce the money. The only thing Celtic could hope for was if Rangers fold then they will have to try even harder to get into the English Leagues as they will be the next club to be put into the exact same perdicament.

And Leeds are an amazing example, they get like the 8th average best crowd in England week in Week out but they just didn't havethe money when you offer players more and more and more it's just not justifiable and the profit drops the debt rise and eventually your left with nothing.

Nobody want's to see a Football team fold, I love the game I love the passion and I couldn't imagine what life would be like if Stoke City were to disapear in the next year thank god we got BET365 behind us
mich
mich
18:20 Mon 6 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I might have to stop betting at BET365...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:39 Mon 6 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
hahaha hope they go haha orange nackers

CMON THE BHOYS!<3
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:22 Mon 6 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
sigh, don't you all wish that your leagues had the same financial rules as the German leagues...
timpark
timpark
01:10 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
why do some of you say we have only two credible teams up here,
englands e.p.l untill recently had only 2 in with a chance of winning there league i.e asrenal ,man utd,

now they have 4 adding spurs and man city.

with 2 more going for the europa league chelsea and liverpool.
the rest are also rans whos main priorty is not to get relegated
mich
mich
01:48 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Stoke, Newcastle, Villa, Everton, Fulham to name but a few are all playing with hopes of squeezing into the Europa league most seasons this season is the hope of Newcastle getting in Champions league.

Whether they reach their goals or not these are their targets and if you believe otherwise you are stupid.

Quite recently before the rise of City Chelsea have been in with a chance of winning the league and are still fighting for it now although they won't get it this season they have every chance next season.

Throw Rangers and Celtic in and they will be lucky to finish top 10.
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
02:00 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
true, but wouldnt celtic and ranger benefit more from premier league, or even english football, one because of sponsors coming in, tv etc, and also attracting more pleayers who might not want to play in scotland?
timpark
timpark
02:04 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
the only reason more than half, if not all english teams survive is the £50 million they get every season from tv money,

if sky pulled the plug the E.P.L would be in dire straits
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
02:58 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
errr, well probably some teams would struggle, but i think it would still be the best league, no doubt eurosport, bbc or itv would the coverage, and if bbc got it, garauntee 3 times the people would watch each game because it is free, and there are no adverts
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Rangers FC in crisis

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.