Rangers FC in crisis

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:57 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
The championship is miles better than the SPL, theres different teams fighting for promotion every season in the championship, in the SPL it's always going to be out of rangers and Celtic, no challenge at all..

Rangers are still 9 points clear of 3rd place after the 10 point deduction, that just tells you how poor the league is...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:01 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thing is, I now live in Portsmouth.. another team thats in the same kind of situation.. i was a season ticket holder, went to the Cup final in 08 everthing.

Football is just going downhill for money, a few teams are in this kind of way behind closed doors

this year will be a icky year for British football
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:07 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
buzologist said:
Thing is, I now live in Portsmouth.. another team thats in the same kind of situation.. i was a season ticket holder, went to the Cup final in 08 everthing.

Football is just going downhill for money, a few teams are in this kind of way behind closed doors

this year will be a icky year for British football

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:05 Tue 21 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thought you hate Cardiff?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:24 Tue 21 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I had complimentary tickets for that game (as a neutral) but our train was cancelled. Devestated I was, first chance to visit Wembley and all that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:19 Tue 21 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Craig Whyte is a bloody charlatan. Looks increasingly likely that the following happened:

- David Murray asks Whyte to prove he has money to fund Rangers and pay off £18m bank debt.

- Whyte sells off £24.4m worth of season tickets to Ticketus 1 month before he even owns Rangers and pays into his lawyers client account

- Murray approves the sale (where's the due diligence?) and Whyte buys Rangers for £1.

- Whyte uses the season ticket money to pay off the bank debt.

- Another £250,000 apparently went to a 'business accociate connected with Banstead Athletic Football Club. Where is the other £6m?

Yep. We've been well and truely shafted
cue_power
cue_power
06:00 Tue 21 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I am not liking the reactions 'Rangers' are receiving from people. The papers are even producing articles "Rangers have killed Scottish Football" - "Rangers - Murderers" ?

It isnt Rangers... that have done this. Its greedy little men who crave money.

I have read Sebs German league breakdown of how its run, and it seems brilliant.

Yes there is a disadvantage because a majority decision cant be made by one person, but what if that one person was a greedy selfish man?

I think for the good of football, players, goverments, FIFA, the FA, UEFA and all the politicians should devise a plan, before it is too late.

But I dont think its football or sport that is the issue. I blame society.

As a Chelsea fan, I am constantly worried (especially with an idiot in charge) that Roman & Buck will pack it in. Leaving Chelsea ruined. Its obvious that Chelsea arent as big as Liverpool, United, Celtic, City and even Rangers... and if Rangers are in this pickle, then how will Chelsea cope?

But working in finance, I know that the primary aim and objective of any business is to make profit, The second aim is to increase profit and the third is to decrease cost! The money that gets fiddled around is staggering and all clubs do it. Rangers have been caught with their pants down, but as we speak 100's of clubs have their hands in the cookie jar.

English clubs aren't favoured in Europe, so when they bring these new rules in? We will all suffer if it doesnt stop!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:36 Tue 21 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
fuunky said:
The championship is miles better than the SPL, theres different teams fighting for promotion every season in the championship, in the SPL it's always going to be out of rangers and Celtic, no challenge at all..

Rangers are still 9 points clear of 3rd place after the 10 point deduction, that just tells you how poor the league is...

6 points clear because we lost and Motherwell won at the weekend. Motherwell have a game in hand against 2nd bottom side Hibs, which they play tomorrow, so it will probably be down to 3 points.

Edited at 04:40 Tue 21/02/12 (GMT)
timpark
timpark
21:08 Tue 21 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
broxi said:
fuunky said:

6 points clear because we lost and Motherwell won at the weekend. Motherwell have a game in hand against 2nd bottom side Hibs, which they play tomorrow, so it will probably be down to 3 points.

Edited at 04:40 Tue 21/02/12 (GMT)

broxi
your replies to different posts in this thread are topclass m8 ,you seem to be very honest in what you say without slagging any other team..well said
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:14 Tue 21 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ok thanks for the correction Broxi. I don't pay much attention to the scottish league i just heard when it was 9 points, but still you can't compare the SPL to the championship. I couldn't be anymore honest there Tim.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:09 Wed 22 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Rangers Administrators have confirmed that Craig Whyte did use money from Ticketus to pay off the £18m bank debt. Something he continuously denied in statements, in the media and even in meetings with The Rangers Supporters Trust.

I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt up until this Ticketus story broke, but not any more! The guy has been shown to be deceitful at best and an outright crook at worst. Quicker he leaves, the better.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:21 Wed 22 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
During the 1930's Rangers were gifted shares in Arsenal as a goodwill gesture, as the 2 clubs had an extremely close relationship during this period. These shares have remained part of Rangers' all this time, and are regarded as part of our history

News article from that period:

Now it appears that Craig Whyte has sold the Arsenal shares

(Source: Daily Record)
si123
si123
04:56 Wed 22 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
He's scum!

He's done this to you! But what worrys me is this can happen at any club.

Also alot of people moan about Celtic, Rangers are no better they are just as bad! Somebody mentioned something about a 1 minute Silence who cares??? They are there to take part if your view on the matter is something you care about. Is 99% of the world scum as they don't have 1 for 9/11 or i'm guessing 99% of the Country don't do it for JTF96.

You can't force somebody to take part!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:59 Wed 22 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's probably best if you think about what you're saying before you type it, It seems like you speak a complete load of rubbish in most of your posts. I think you'll find that 99% of football fans do care hence why they show there respect. It's only Celtic fans i've seen that do it, and this was at the old firm derby where Rangers fans stood there in silence.

It's not about forcing somebody, It's about showing some respect for 1 minute, Is that to much to ask for someone as hardcore as yourself?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:27 Thu 23 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
fuunky said:
It's probably best if you think about what you're saying before you type it, It seems like you speak a complete load of rubbish in most of your posts. I think you'll find that 99% of football fans do care hence why they show there respect. It's only Celtic fans i've seen that do it, and this was at the old firm derby where Rangers fans stood there in silence.

It's not about forcing somebody, It's about showing some respect for 1 minute, Is that to much to ask for someone as hardcore as yourself?

Most Celtic fans do observe the 1 minute silence every year, but there are quite a lot who will not and actively try to disrupt it...

...The Green Brigade are amongst the biggest offenders

There are also stories of fans being hounded out of Celtic Park just for wearing the poppy and poppy sellers outside the stadium have been attacked.

All the more sadder when you realise that 7 Celtic players fought in the War

Edited at 04:37 Thu 23/02/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:57 Thu 23 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ibrox kitchens upgrade paid for by 'mortgaging off catering'

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/298783-craig-whyte-mortgaged-rangers-catering-income-to-upgrade-kitchens-at-ibrox/

Wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he bought Rangers using £1 he found in the street
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:08 Thu 23 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Administrators Duff & Phelps have passed a dossier on Rangers' finances to Strathclyde Police

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/298830-police-passed-dossier-on-rangers-finances-by-administrators/
m_wood
m_wood
16:24 Wed 7 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Rangers director Dave King fears the club will not exit administration and that liquidation is "inevitable".

In a statement, King said the club's owner Craig Whyte has "abused the loyalty of fans" by mortgaging future sales of tickets to Ticketus.

Gregg Wylde and Mervan Celik left Rangers FC voluntarily

More talks about the wage bill where basically either the top earners take a 75% wage cut and nobody leaves... or they take 50% and some players leave.
si123
si123
17:06 Wed 7 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
This time next year they will be a 4/5th table team just with big support!

GW is a great guy for what he has done to Rangers, he left wanting no redundancy wanting no money that's a guy who loves his club and he left saying 'I've gone so somebody else can keep their job' He's a 21 international he will be snapped up and he deserve to go to a decent club after what he has done.

Rangers seem to be getting worse I don't know how they will overcome this! End of the day it's all upto the Administrators now what make everything worse Whyte or anybody in theclub does not have a say your club basically belong to the Admins until they can create a solution to save £1mil a month when you losing alot more than that it's not going be easy.

Port Vale are in the same situation right now but they are expecting Robbie Williams and Mo Choudry to buy them thing is all Rnagers needs is a extremly rich man and i'm sure there are some around!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:22 Thu 22 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
good luck to rangers on sunday in the old firm game! it will be bhoys v boys. mccabe,perry,little,mitchel and even kerkar is still a boy. celtic have won the the league,every rangers fan has accepted that and every1 knows the state of rangers are in off the park,so its glory v pride. ill be there with my flag and singing my wee heart out. once we get whittaker,lafferty and naesmith back and some1 buys the club,we can go back to our winning ways and keep breaking our own world record of 54 titles! rangers till i die!
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Rangers FC in crisis

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.