Xbox or PS3???

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:46 Wed 7 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Got a chipped PS3 and Xbox, as well as unchipped ones. You can do them both for <£10. But you wont be able to go online.

I do them myself and can point ppl in the right direction if needed.

Most games made for both consoles are better online on the xbox. That is the real reason I prefer the xbox. TBH if you are only really interested in gaming, there is only one question to ask==> who do I want to play online with and what console(s) do they own.

I used to be a Sony fan boy, I learn't the errors in my ways from genuine experience.

Phased is right about reliability with the older consoles, although the ps3 is not much more reliable than the xbox's. both the new designs for the PS3 and Xbox are very reliable. I should know, I used to run a repair service. Still have the IR re-flow oven if anyone wants to buy it

Bottom line, they are both awesome, it's a matter of preference.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:52 Wed 7 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
but i had a chipped x box and they banned me from using live, so that dont really count lol, and who hasn't played or owned both dgen, lol

me i own an xbox and a PS2

from what my mate told me who has a chipped xbox they only ban you if you play a game before it is officially released.

This isn't quite right. There is several ways to chip your console. If you want to play online it is possible to change the firmware on your DVD drive to allow copied games online... This will not allow you to play games direct from files or run unassigned code.

Even with a simple DVD flash you have to be very careful and know what your doing (unless you have a contact that warns you when you need to update etc..)
jack_pot
jack_pot
15:26 Wed 7 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think the only people who can judge this are the people who have (or played) both PS3 and Xbox, those who only play one console (like myself) shouldn't count really as we could clearly be bias towards that console

Or those that know the statistics.
Specs wise, the PS3 just edges the Xbox in just about every single area.
The Xbox is slightly better for online gaming, but it's not so much better that they can justify charging for it.

As for the whole security thing, you're just as secure on the PS3 as you are on the Xbox, or any other network for that matter. Any website/network in the world CAN be hacked. There's no such thing as 100% security. Xbox could get hacked just as easily as the PS3 did.

My personal opinion, (without trying to sound too biased):
Go for a PS3. Over time it works out cheaper than an Xbox.
You get more for your money -
Free online gaming
Slightly better hardware
A friendlier UI.
More features.
Blu-ray discs.

Both consoles are good, but you get more for your money with the PS3.
PC is actually x10 better than PS3 or Xbox for gaming though so I wouldn't rule that one out either.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:38 Wed 7 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agree with all of jack_pots comments, even though I would point out that better hardware doesn't mean better in game graphics. Many of the titles on both consoles actually have better graphics on the XBOX... damn you lazy coders!

No one has discussed the UI yet either....

Xbox at-least develops theirs. The new system is awesome, only trouble is now, I spend so much time on apps like you-tube that I never get round to gaming
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Xbox or PS3???

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.