Messi Or Ronaldo

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:14 Thu 29 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
^^^^^^ agree but messi is just amazing talent as is ronaldo but messi for me mainly his attitude is 10 times ronnis and wants to be a team not a one man band.

barca proberly the best team in world at mo.

and spannish league is far more attractive english league tough and rough.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:19 Thu 29 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
and messi and ronaldo got long way to go before they match the class of

Pele
Cruyff
Maradona
Zidane
Platini
Beckenbauer
Eusebio

seriuosly they have done so much on the world stage
si123
si123
19:20 Thu 29 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Me old man was talking about this he saw us lift the world cup in 66 and he's seen probably all of the 'old' grates play football and he thinks Messi is the best ever to play the game, I can't really comment on this tho as I don't know actually how good people like Maradona was etc

Out of the 2 in question though, I think I've got to give it to Messi yes I think he needs a great team around him where I think Ronaldo makes a team great but as mentioned earlier nobody can play like Messi he's got a brain dedicated to football his vision is second to none the way he moves he's alway pulling defenders out of position making it easy for Barca score and he's always in the right place at the right time.

Also somebody said 'If Sky says prem is the best...etc' I've seen a hell of alot of La Liga I've even been to Neu Camp to watch Barcalona play twice..But that's all there is 2 good teams it shows Stoke play Barcalona you're looking at a Cricket score, we play 3rd in their league and should of beat them away the quality is awful between 2nd and 3rd I am not saying they are bad teams the Spanish produce some of the best football in the world no question what so ever.

The English League is the best for me because there's 5/6 teams who can potentially win the Prem, Man U/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/Tottenham/Man city you go across to Spain it's Barca/Madrid no big competition that's why it's more intresting
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:26 Thu 29 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Eusebio

Name Eusebio da Silva Ferreira
Born January 24, 1942 (Lourenco Marques, Mozambique)
Position Centre Forward
Caps 64 (41 goals)
Clubs SL Benfica, Boston Minutemen, CF Monterrey, Beira Mar,
Toronto Metros, Las Vegas Quicksilver, New Jersey Americans, Uniao Tomar.
Trophies Benfica
1x European Cup (1962)
11x Portuguese Championship (1961, 63, 64,
'65, '67, '68, '69, '71, '72, '73, '75)
5x Portuguese Cup (1962, '64, '69, '70, '72)
Toronto Metros
1x American Championship (1976)
Monterrey CF
1x Mexican Championship (1976)
Honours 1x European Footballer of the Year (1965)
2x Portuguese Footballer of the Year (1970, 1973)
2x Top scorer Europe (1968, 1973)
7x Top scorer Portugal (1964, '65, '66, '67, '68, '70, '73)

Eusebio scored an incredible 727 goals in 715 matches wearing the Benfica jersey, and until recently was the all-time leading scorer for Portugal, with 41 goals in 64 matches.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:51 Thu 29 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
It's silly to compare the skill level of players from past eras to what players today can do.
The entire professional environment was different. Some of the best players in the 60's had regular jobs on the side. Imagine if they spent all their time practicing every day.
Even in the 80's, you didn't have to be as physically strong as today. The only way you can potentially begin to compare players of different eras is to see how much they dominated at the time.

As a side note- imagine Messi or Ronaldo got the crap kicked out of them the way the stars of the 70's and 80's did. I'd like to see if they would destroy their opponents without the protection they receive from referees today.
jack_pot
jack_pot
21:37 Thu 29 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
In my life time, the best player I've ever seen has to be Ronaldo, but not the spice boy Ronaldo obviously, I mean the fat one.

Messi is on his way to being the best the world has ever seen, there's no doubting that, but he's not there yet.
C.Ronaldo is good, but nowhere near the level that Messi is at.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Messi Or Ronaldo

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.