are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

The Masters 2012

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:10 Wed 4 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Talk about the Masters at the World's most beautiful golf course. Pairings for the first 2 days were announced earlier and can be seen here:

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:54 Wed 4 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
tiger or Rory to win it!!
adam_147
adam_147
04:15 Wed 4 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
If Tiger can put 4 rounds together he will win it, since working on his shot shaping and hitting fairways, he now has the perfect game for Augusta. McIlroy could win it, but with traditional tight Augusta pins I would expect Donald to finish above him as his short iron/wedge play is unbelievable. Rose is also in superb form so could be the highest placed European at the end. Wouldnt rule out one of the young breed of Americans coming somewhere near the top either, from the Watson, Johnson, Watney, Bradley, Mahan group. Watson may struggle though, lefties generally struggle at Augusta with the exception of Mickleson, however Phil typically hits a draw whereas Watson goes for the high fade/cut more, which is ill suited to Augusta. With Augusta's doglegs, being able to shape a drive is a lot more important than on most courses. Also wouldnt be surprised to see Schwartzel put up a good defence of his title as he putts like a beast. Only other one I could see winning it is Adam Scott. He is playing really well at the moment and having Steve Williams on the bag can't be a bad thing.

My pick of the pairings (or threes as they actually are)

Immelman/Fowler/Rose - Fowler v Rose will be epic
Woods/Jimenez/Bae - good up and coming Korean
Donald/F Molinari/Watney - boring but consistent
Singh/Westwood/Furyk - all seasoned pros haha
Cabrera/McIlroy/Watson - huuuuge drives coming here

Comedy group:

Woodland/Stenson/Quiros - one of the longest drivers on the USPGA tour, the longest driver on the European tour and poor Stenson will spend all round about 50 yards behind them both haha. Gutted to be him .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:24 Wed 4 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Might stick an each way bet on Garcia at 60/1, he's due a win.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:02 Wed 4 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I didnt see Kim on that list^ i think he may have a shot also
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:28 Thu 5 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I want poulter ;)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:45 Thu 5 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Donald at 16/1 is printing money, lump on guys!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:12 Thu 5 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
If Tiger can put 4 rounds together he will win it, since working on his shot shaping and hitting fairways, he now has the perfect game for Augusta. McIlroy could win it, but with traditional tight Augusta pins I would expect Donald to finish above him as his short iron/wedge play is unbelievable. Rose is also in superb form so could be the highest placed European at the end. Wouldnt rule out one of the young breed of Americans coming somewhere near the top either, from the Watson, Johnson, Watney, Bradley, Mahan group. Watson may struggle though, lefties generally struggle at Augusta with the exception of Mickleson, however Phil typically hits a draw whereas Watson goes for the high fade/cut more, which is ill suited to Augusta. With Augusta's doglegs, being able to shape a drive is a lot more important than on most courses. Also wouldnt be surprised to see Schwartzel put up a good defence of his title as he putts like a beast. Only other one I could see winning it is Adam Scott. He is playing really well at the moment and having Steve Williams on the bag can't be a bad thing.

My pick of the pairings (or threes as they actually are)

Immelman/Fowler/Rose - Fowler v Rose will be epic
Woods/Jimenez/Bae - good up and coming Korean
Donald/F Molinari/Watney - boring but consistent
Singh/Westwood/Furyk - all seasoned pros haha
Cabrera/McIlroy/Watson - huuuuge drives coming here

Comedy group:

Woodland/Stenson/Quiros - one of the longest drivers on the USPGA tour, the longest driver on the European tour and poor Stenson will spend all round about 50 yards behind them both haha. Gutted to be him .
you are right lefties generally struggle apart from michelson and mike weir who always puts a cracking shoe on at Augusta. If tiger plays consistent IMO it's his to lose and mcilroy will fade under the pressure tiger will exert on the last day, he may say he is over that 80 last year but until he wins this he will never be over it.
adam_147
adam_147
04:15 Thu 5 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Mike Weir is another drawer of the ball from memory, so Augusta plays to his strength.
Speaking of lefties with a great draw shot, should have seen my 305 yard bomb off the tee yesterday .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:39 Thu 5 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
And then you woke up Adam.
cue_power
cue_power
19:35 Thu 5 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I didn't realise Adam liked a bit of golf!

I always get a winner for the big events like the Masters etc...

Not followed golf this year really, but obviously Donald is up there but I dont think he will do any good. I dont see him fit the title of the Masters.

Paul Casey 150/1
Zach Johnson 100/1
Graeme McDowell 75/1
Matt Kuchar 66/1
Bradley Keegan 50/1
Martin Kaymer 22/1
Phil Mickelson 12/1

Are my picks. Going for value really.

If your betting on it, I'd strongly advise Paddypower as they are paying 6 places and refund all bets if Tiger Woods wins.

Im considering laying Tiger Woods to win as I cant see him doing to great. Expectation is too great. I think he will linger for a bit then drift to 10th-12th... but not be able to mount a serious attempt.

I wont be watching though, as it really does bore me... Zzz
adam_147
adam_147
21:10 Sun 8 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Good choices derry...

Casey: missed cut i think
Johnson: out of it
McDowell: out of it
Kuchar: possible
Bradley: out of it
Kaymer: out of it
Mickleson: might win
Woods: out of it

If you were betting now I would put it on Mickleson, lack of experience will kill Hanson I think, Kuchar is too far back, Westwood can't hole a putt, Ousthuizen is the other possibility:

I will go for final board (top 10):

Mickleson -11
Ousthuizen -9
Kuchar -8
Hanson -7
Watson -7
Westwood -6
Mahan -6
Harrington -5
Stenson -5
Lawrie -5

Edited at 18:38 Sun 08/04/12 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:28 Sun 8 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
should be watching it on BBC2, id watch it on Red button but silly Moto GP is on

hoping Mickelson wins it
mich
mich
21:30 Sun 8 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I got my Sky go to get me thrugh this last hour or so of work!
adam_147
adam_147
03:10 Mon 9 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Glad I said Watson will struggle... he's hit more draw shots than I ever remember him hitting before haha.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:34 Mon 9 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
What a shot by Bubba! (2nd on 2nd playoff hole)
adam_147
adam_147
03:55 Mon 9 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I can hook a ball that far, sadly it's normally when i'm aiming straight down a flag .
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Masters 2012

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.