dgeneratio
23:40 Mon 7 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
and your winner is

Ronnie O'Sullivan

woop
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:51 Mon 7 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Great tournament, enjoyed it immensely!!

I like allot of people didn't think Ronnie could win another 1 with how his form has been over the last few seasons. Probably his biggest motivation was that Higgins had 4 and he didn't lol.

Well chuffed he won, always been a big Ronnie fan. Feel bad for Carter though.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:04 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yep he tried to fight back but the lead just kept building for Ronnie until it was at point of no return for Ali, looks like Ronnie isn't retiring yet so good news and Ali did well to get this far after his illness so respect to both players
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:10 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Did anyone else notice the stare down Ali gave Ronnie on the hand shake trying to psyche him out before the commentators mentioned it. Made me laugh . Can imagine Alis thought process on the walk down before he did it "should i? shouldn't I? Fk it i'm going for it " lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:24 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think it's crazy that we're all using a snooker site, playing snooker games so naturally you'd think the interest in the sport would be pretty high on here amongst the users. This is the world championship thread and hardly any people comment on it. There has been more interest(on a snooker site) on this thread - http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/8021/new-wrestling-thread lol.
Disappointing. :/
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:11 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Ye, you are right mikey.
I already thought that last week. There is pretty much more interest to hunt ppl down which might have said something wrong in the past. But well.

I really appreciate Ronnie as the winner. For me he is the greatest player nowadays and in the near past. For sure he has to face some downs in his play as everybody has but once he is on form there is nobody to stop him.
Ali Carter played a great tournament aswell, especially when coming back against Judd Trump, and he is more than worthy this years Vice-Champion.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:20 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yup gollum, its always the same though
samj147
samj147
14:52 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Was a great championship. Was busy watching my team get relegated last night though...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:50 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Ronnie was very impressive. Never been a fan because he's been your stereotypical self obsessed cockney throughout his career, putting himself above the sport for the last 10 years.

This year though he has been very courteous to his opponents and those who interviewed him. His attitude was spot on and it showed on the table.

One of the myths of Ronnie is that he is an all out potter and a 'rocket' round the table. He hasn't been particularly fast for quite some time now, and he is a better player for it. His safety play has been brilliant for the past 5 years as well - on a par with the likes of Higgins and Robertson for sure. He definitely knows his way around a snooker table, he is one of the best players escaping from snookers I've seen too.

In the past he beat himself with his antics and mind set often before a ball was potted. It seems at the age of 36/37 he's finally growing up and reaping the rewards!

Well done to him, great player. Now level with Higgins on world titles.
samj147
samj147
00:34 Sat 12 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
^ I agree. It's as if he has realised his time is limited in the sport and he is only just appreciating the gift he has.
Pages: 1910
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Official Snooker World Championship 2012 thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.