2nd Dec-16th Dec: Round of 4
16th Dec-6th Jan: Grand Final

Longer Deadlines:
7th Oct-21st Oct: Round of 32
21st Oct-4th Nov: Round of 16
4th Nov-25th Nov: Round of 8
25th Nov-16th Dec: Round of 4
16th Dec-6th Jan: Grand Final

something like that, If we have BYES in Round One i will release Round of 32 and 16 together.

Shorter Deadlines means for first two rounds i have two weeks to sort out those defaults but would still release them early if requested.

Longer Deadline i will have a max of 2-3 days to choose who to go through since no breaks.

Up to you guys either way the first two rounds are the same but longer you may have those extra few days you need
count_raven
count_raven
17:43 Tue 6 Oct 15 (BST)  [Link]  
cant see any big difference lol.

you are the man who needs to have it comfortable. do whatever you prefer - is my opinion

Edited at 14:55 Tue 06/10/15 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:55 Tue 6 Oct 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Round of 8 and 4 has an extra week, i do prefer longer deadlines but will people be lazy then lol.
count_raven
count_raven
23:11 Thu 29 Oct 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well, now after 3 weeks of new league running I somehow feel I have to leave some words here.

It seems that unfortunately the general interest in this site and with it the interest in the league has now dropped to nearly zero. Even the people taking part and playing in clans show no real effort to let the thing roll smoothly and most important with FUN. Forums are dead and also the chat in game window is nearly silent. Dont wanna say i am without hope but everything is very frustrating to me.

Come on guys and gals: Lets blow it up a lil and put it back into life. Otherwise I predict its gonna end soon.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:08 Fri 6 Nov 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah, not going to last

dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:41 Wed 18 Nov 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Cup Scores as they stand

Group A
All Starz, Curse on Demand and Phoenix are currently on four points, how do we settle the tie if it remains?

Group B
D&C are qualified already if they win or lose they top the group (8 points out of 8 currently), FSD and HH are on two points for the second spot.

If D&C lose 5-0 in final game then HH will qualify in second, If not then HH and FSD tie so how would we sort that?

* Remember this is LIVE so if your team are winning or losing it has already taken those into account so this isn't a finalised table but can change if the winning teams lose.

===============

How do you want to sort the tie? I haven't done a Frame Difference Column (Can be done during next fixture), Head to Head or a Playoff? Not sure how you would do a three team playoff though.

Head to Head:

Group A
Not sure H2H can be used here

Group B
1-1 between FSD/HH so Playoff it would be

Playoff:

Group A
Not sure how?

Group B
Playoff place between FSD and HH

Frame Difference:

Would do a formula during next set to find out

Maybe FD, H2H then Playoff?

Edited at 16:54 Wed 18/11/15 (GMT)
count_raven
count_raven
18:55 Wed 18 Nov 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Usually in leagues/group stages it is FD then H2H.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:12 Sun 15 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
not back, just a bump while i remember, to save archived.
jimi_clapton
jimi_clapton
00:59 Tue 17 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
.........is there a glimmer??
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:17 Wed 13 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
As there are players posting on the Clan Waiting List who can't seem to join a Clan due to the Maximum being 8, If the Captains are fine i'll raise the limit to 10

I don't want Captains to just sign Top Players if i do this change however, You can but thinking of the lesser players who may not get to play.
legend_pot
legend_pot
23:32 Wed 13 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
i agree with it, no harm in raising it to 10 in my eyes, how many clans have we got right now?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:40 Wed 13 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
5 mate but realistically its about right
legend_pot
legend_pot
23:41 Wed 13 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
We had like 4 before we retired the league first time round though didnt we?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:51 Wed 13 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I can't raise the format (e.g. add power) as then its unbalanced but Killer would be more chance for 3 vs 3 even and less defaults (i hope).

Speaking of Killer...
Bold = What would happen this Season's Knockouts regardless of change

Killer Knockouts (If 10+ Players are done)
If i do this i'm going to raise Killer Preliminary from 2v2v2 to 3v3v3 as would be 10 available and to get less than 3 would be a shame.

But players could do 2v2v2 or even 1v1v1 if every Captain would be in agreement as points would be eliminated as about placements so sort of like a Survivor Series elimination so instead of two games, it would be one game only and a team would be out once all members of a team has been eliminated.

The Default system wouldn't really apply in Knockout Phase but the only way in Preliminary, default wise which couldn't work is if only 2 out of 3 teams would only have a single player online which then would need some sort of tiebreaker to see who would advance between the two that showed.

If one team had one, team two had two and team three none then game would be played with team three placing in last place.

Final would be 3v3v3 anyway regardless.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:52 Wed 13 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
We had like 4 before we retired the league first time round though didnt we?

Think so, you can check on Records Page (Link on Site)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:36 Thu 14 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Its hard enough for some teams to even get two online at the same time for killer let alone three though...

I have mixed feelings about the raising of the limit just now as i think it would be used to sign some bigger players to someone's squad and i am not going to lie either as i would be one of the captains trying to do so. If a team has a spot then maybe they should be open to just letting someone join and seeing if they are reliable. Urge the player or captain to at least message one another or something.

I know the likes of BB and Baulk could maybe use some reliability in the clan to help get some games played with ease other than rushing around last minute.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:48 Thu 14 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Regarding Killer, You would have an extra two people available so a possible 30% of players total could play where as currently only 25% can play without raising to 3v3.

Don't forget though, it doesn't have to be 3v3v3, Captains could still do 2v2v2 or even 1v1v1 if they chose in the Knockouts.

I'm a bit bored being the only player to arrange and play Killer though on my team as i've played in every killer so far and want to take a break.

In two days though my Tank Op starts so my time may be limited depending if i get Xbox Live or not but if Xbox is free at night then i'd take it regardless of games and things as people knew about it for a fortnight..

Regarding 10 players, Yeah, i wouldn't sign just quality, i would probably sign some and give them my Arcade games. Thing is though not many teams has free spots and 4 people want to join, so not many spaces remaining.

As i always say now (In D&C early years and Snooker Squad it was different as i wanted to win) that reliability comes before quality as i could say destiny in and while he is great, he doesn't play and rather take someone active who gets games done and even play Killer
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:07 Thu 14 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
It doesn't mean i'll change it to 10 though
count_raven
count_raven
21:04 Thu 14 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
In fact I would say it makes no difference.

Leave it to the captains how many players they wanna sign but dont change anything of the formats. If a clan has 22 players for example they would have a lot of subs
If it makes sense to them.....

So why not just leave it open how many players a clan can have?

Any changes of the formats can be discussed for next season
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:19 Thu 14 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah only format that would change is Killer Preliminaries but so will keep it at 8.

Hopefully those on Waiting List can find a clan as the idea was for their benefit.
Pages: 18687
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.