are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Sad day for English cricket

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:38 Mon 18 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
For those of you that follow cricket Surrey and English lions cricketer Tom Maynard has died after being hit by a district line train on the London underground he was an up and coming player and sure to be a future England international in his future years taken from the cricketing world and in fact the world in general far too soon.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:35 Mon 18 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I had his autograph, he was a nice guy too, he was still playing when he gave it to me, he was fielding on the boundary when I was watching him play for Glamorgan
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:38 Mon 18 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes it really is a shame he was a fantastic talent.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:41 Mon 18 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
He was redoubtably the best player on the field, despite Glamorgan losing, and I remember saying "that kid's gonna go far" - and he would have...but his life was cut too short
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:42 Mon 18 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Indeed lad somebody else realises. He passed 1000 first class runs in a season last season so he was definately on the up.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:45 Mon 18 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Just think, I bet this would have changed cricket for the future, he could have led England to win all sorts of events, and now, England have potentially one less world class player
samj147
samj147
16:07 Tue 19 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Real shame. Especially for someone who possessed the high potential that he carried.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:34 Tue 19 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
There is something very odd about the whole thing. RIP to him anyway, very talented cricketer.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Sad day for English cricket

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.