well done to Andy Murray

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:59 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
indeed, no doubt they would have actually been better players than they were if they were playing now... the only real shame is we will never get to watch them all at their best against each other.

We really are being spoilt ATM, tennis has never been better.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:17 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
meh, I have to say, I enjoyed watching Sampras, Agassi, Becker, and the rest play much more than the players of today with the exception of Federer.
When I watch a game today (especially women, but to some degree the men as well) I see mostly a barrage of pounding groundstrokes until someone misses. zzzzzzz
Back in the day ("the good old days", you know? ), you had players who played from the baseline- Agassi, Michael Chang, etc, you had serve and volleyers (Sampras, Ivanisevic, Rafter, Becker, etc) and you had players that did everything (Edberg, Lendl). I enjoyed the clash between the different styles much more than the continuous groundstrokes of today.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:59 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
fair comment
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:04 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
WOW, what a last 2 games by Federer. He won that set against the odds- 4 different times the linesmen called his ball out and were overturned. He has each of those points wrapped up. Then that little net roll last game, then Murray frames his volley in. He had to win that service game about 3 times lol.

aaaand play suspended when murray is struggling.

Edited at 16:14 Sun 08/07/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:27 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
WOW, what a last 2 games by Federer. He won that set against the odds- 4 different times the linesmen called his ball out and were overturned. He has each of those points wrapped up. Then that little net roll last game, then Murray frames his volley in. He had to win that service game about 3 times lol.

aaaand play suspended when murray is struggling.

Edited at 16:14 Sun 08/07/12 (BST)

About time the rain favoured a brit. I bet Henman still curses Zeus for making it rain during his semi final vs Ivanisevic. Many believe if it hadn't rained Henman would have gone on to make his 1st Wimbledon final.

Good match so far. Murray will be disappointed he didn't take 1 of them break points in the 2nd set. He was holding serve great as well . Could come back to haunt him.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

well done to Andy Murray

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.