Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:12 Tue 25 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I have some..

About 2 months ago i just looked in the mirror, and realised how skinny i was, i decided to train/work out 4 times a week in the gym for a hour.

I benefited from asking Lee and also jay_afc what type of diet i need to make sure i put on muscle and weight whilst im at the gym

Since then, I have gained massive ammount of weight, i look bigger, more in shape, and feel healthier

Working on the arms, chest and back have been perfectly done so far

Thanks Lee

One tip i could say.. Is if your going to dedicate and do it.. You cannot just stop, Keep at it for good results.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:23 Wed 26 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Mondays I go for a two hour bike ride
Tuesdays I have basketball training for two hours
Wednesdays I play tennis for two hours
Thursdays I go to the gym for an hour and half
Fridays I go for a 3K run
Saturdays I ride my bike to my tennis lesson and back (3-4K)
Sundays I either play Basketball or go to the gym

This is basically my personal slim and trim/ keep fit regime. I also do half an hour to an hour of weights training every night.

Been going for a week now and I have already dropped like 4 kilos because I find that I'm not actually that hungry after I do exercise.
samj147
samj147
01:27 Wed 26 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I would probably have a rest day if I was you
sarahh
sarahh
01:37 Wed 26 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
i agree lol you burn yourself out at that rate
too much can be a bad thing like anything in life
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:05 Wed 26 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I haven't been to the Gym in like a month. (and it shows ) Really need to sort it out!
i_am_god
i_am_god
07:06 Sun 30 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Alternate your training routine every 2-3 months, change the days you train your certain body parts.

your muscle has memory as they say, so certain muscles need shocking and a shift in training pattern does just the job.

Also try to vary your exercises, if you trained a great session on the bench for example chest press, next session go and push your self on dumbells.

also keep note of what your doing, what weight, how many reps, always look to make gains and do a 1 rep maximum (lift a weight you can only get one rep from) this helps you to alwyas be touching the top of your strength and eventually youll get 2 then 3 then youll be getting a set of 6. this is when you realise 6 reps is enough, i never do over 6 rep sets except for warm up.

you should be struggling for your 6th rep, if you are you know your doing the perfect weights for building mass and gaining strength!!!

just a few of my thoughts!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:30 Sun 30 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Lee i can do perfectly clean lifting for at least 20 or 30 lifts now lol

Do you think i should move up ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:28 Sun 30 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Definitely.

I just rode my bike down to the gym for a two hour session of rowing, running and cycling. Still feeling pretty pumped so I might do a few weights for half an hour.

Trouble is I'm quite limited with weights at home as the only set of dumbells I have are a set of 2, 5, and 10 kg weights.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:45 Thu 29 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Smashed my target of 10km cycle in under 22 minutes today!

Aiming to get under 20 minutes by Xmas but hopefully can do it even sooner.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:20 Thu 29 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I havent been to the gym for a while

Feel out of shape, but ive been busy

Good stuff though Alex
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:18 Fri 30 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
What if your a vegetarian but eat fish and diary like me?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Pearl
i_win_again
i_win_again
00:39 Fri 30 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
What if your a vegetarian but eat fish and diary like me?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Pearl
fish = protein eggs = protein happy days
constipator
constipator
20:02 Mon 27 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Bare in mind that lifting heavy does gain you mass etc but lighter weights with more reps gains better definition of the muscles which is what a lot of people want. I tend to mix it up but never lift to heavy as that could snap some up
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:54 Wed 29 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I would probably have a rest day if I was you
Never heard of afterburn workouts?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:02 Wed 29 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
whey protein, and Creatine monohydrate, is now in my workouts... Muscle Milk is another good bootster.

I try and stay active withy basketball, pushups (4 sets of 20) for first 2 weeks, sit-ups (3 sets of 20 everyday first 2 weeks) then increase the amounts u do every 2 weeks.. til your comfortable enough to keep a set amount.

I find it's a big help, to take vitamins, or Whey Protein, and Creatine Monohydrate. Not to mention a steady healthy diet! Nutrition is #1 when it comes down to staying fit, and or gaining muscle. Lifting and exercise is #2

and...

Plenty and plenty and plenty of WATER!!
constipator
constipator
14:19 Wed 29 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What sort of workouts are you doing apart from sit-ups and body weight exercises? I don't think I'd take protein supplements if its just that, I'd just try and get it in my diet. I only take protein supplements as I do weights and it's an easy way to help get my daily intake of protein up to get them gains. However if your not doing so much bodybuilding I think it's a massive waste of money. I take whey isolate protein.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:50 Thu 30 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What sort of workouts are you doing apart from sit-ups and body weight exercises? I don't think I'd take protein supplements if its just that, I'd just try and get it in my diet. I only take protein supplements as I do weights and it's an easy way to help get my daily intake of protein up to get them gains. However if your not doing so much bodybuilding I think it's a massive waste of money. I take whey isolate protein.
Basketball mate= LOTS OF RUNNING and jumping. So that helps loads with weight loss, im 253 right now, but at one point i was 290, and got down to 220 just from playing some hardcore basketball, like 4-5 hours a day almost everyday for 3 months....was a fun time...
i_am_james
i_am_james
05:54 Thu 30 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I used to take Xtreme Gainer... Be careful if you take this, I wasn't going to the gym enough and i piled on the weight.

This was my exercises when i used to go to the gym... Im old and fat now

2 Miles treadmil
1500m rowing machine
25 minutes bag training (this sound stupid but beating the life out of a punchbag is fun but also great for speed and endurance)
5 reps 220kg leg press
3 reps 250kg leg press
1 or 2 280kg leg press
Walk for 90 secs holding 30kg dumbells
and
50kg deadlift - 50 reps

One tip as im sure Lee will agree, when youre lifting heavy weights, always exhale as you lift.

Lift up -> breath out
constipator
constipator
12:08 Thu 30 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Basketball mate= LOTS OF RUNNING and jumping. So that helps loads with weight loss, im 253 right now, but at one point i was 290, and got down to 220 just from playing some hardcore basketball, like 4-5 hours a day almost everyday for 3 months....was a fun time...

The best way to burn calories is doing weights which will help of course to lose weight. It is actually better than doing cardio for losing calories. If people are doing endurance sports then spending a long time running and what not fine. But if people wanna lose weight and get fit I highly reccomend doing interval training, that's basically going from low to high intensity in a very short time and back down again. You will find that works much better than running for an hour. Also when doing weights, that will boost your metabolism helping to shed them pounds.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:28 Mon 3 Jun 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Female company is also Great for burning calories
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Nutrition, Training and Getting Wrecked

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.