Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Ricky Hatton Confirms Return To The Ring!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:42 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes its finally here! The hitman has announced his return to the ring after a 3 year state away from the sport!

What is everyones opinions, The last time we saw Hatton in a ring, Was when he was knocked out in the 2nd round by the Pacman!

I honestly believe this will be a good run, He seems hungry for it!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:07 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
he aint good enough to fight over there!.....then again he probably wont
si123
si123
22:06 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
He's not good enough anymore, in his final fights he wasn't all there.

It's annoying as he was an amazing boxer and he retired to late anyways if you asked me. He needs to keep away from the sport and keep a great name he has worked so hard to achive.

I don't like seen greats ruin what they spent so long getting, Schumacer did exactly the same it's not like they need the money I just think it's bad for business.

Hopefully if he does return he will fight a 'big name' and do justice it's not like he ever opted for the lower fights good luck Fatton!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:23 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Freddie Flintoff has turned professional boxer as well. Both very similar, much loved northern fellas who are struggling to live wih life outside of the limelight.

One of the biggest issues that effects top sportsman is when they retire and soon after long for the buzz of the crowd again.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:43 Fri 14 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
i imagine he will come back and fight much lower ranked boxers.
Flintoff living in noddy land lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:22 Sun 25 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
HE LOST.
i_am_james
i_am_james
07:05 Sun 25 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
And hes that much of a fail that after being KNOCKED OUT he has now retired... Hopefully never to return to the ring!!!
i_win_again
i_win_again
14:57 Sun 25 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Northern monkey
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:24 Mon 26 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
And hes that much of a fail that after being KNOCKED OUT he has now retired... Hopefully never to return to the ring!!!

Don't talk stupid. If Ricky Hatton "is a fail" (back in my day we said failure) then theres no hope for the rest of us.

The man is a boxing hero and a great bloke too.

What he needs is help with his mental issues he is obviously going through. That much was certain at the time. He's been ill for years now.
i_am_james
i_am_james
01:29 Mon 26 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

Don't talk stupid. If Ricky Hatton "is a fail" (back in my day we said failure) then theres no hope for the rest of us.

What he needs is help with his mental issues he is obviously going through. That much was certain at the time. He's been ill for years now.

Nothing to do with being mentally ill... Its the years of drug abuse that has messed him up. He has no heart, no spirit he loses a fight and quits... If he wanted it that badly he would bounce back and fight his way out of this rut.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:39 Mon 26 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
He believed it, I think he tried to hard aswell.

Sechenko just proved to Hatton hes not the fighter he was.

Why continue a career where he won 2 world titles at 2 different weight divisions..

And finish it facing low carders

Retirement - right choice
samj147
samj147
02:41 Mon 26 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
He should never have made a comeback. His record speaks for itself, he was a great fighter. Now when people look back at his career it will be the end of it many will remember.

He needs to retire before someone ends up doing serious damage to him.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:47 Wed 28 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

Nothing to do with being mentally ill... Its the years of drug abuse that has messed him up. He has no heart, no spirit he loses a fight and quits... If he wanted it that badly he would bounce back and fight his way out of this rut.

His drug abuse was down to his mental state.

Anyway, what are you on about? He got caught with a flush punch to the body. He tried to get up, he got up to his knees then crumpled in agony for about 5 minutes. Nobody is getting up from a shot like that, doesn't matter how much heart you have.

For the record Ricky Hatton is one of the most gutsy boxers I've seen. You have to be gutsy to fight like Hatton because his style dictated he was going to get hit every fight he boxed. Boxers like Hatton retire early because of the knocks they take. He was a brawler rather than a boxer, which made him one of the most entertaining boxers of his generation.

Much rather watch the Hitman over someone like Calzaghe anyday.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:52 Wed 28 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

One of the biggest issues that effects top sportsman is when they retire and soon after long for the buzz of the crowd again.

This was and still is Ricky's problem. How can you replace the buzz of the crowd, of being the star of the show?

There isn't many things that can. Getting high as a kite is one of them, but it isn't sustainable, and damaging in the long run.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him back in rehab within the next 5 years sadly.

His biggest fight will be how he deals with retirement.

When I look back at Hattons career I will remember his win over Kostya Tszyu and the great event that was Hatton V Mayweather and all the fans he took out to Las Vegas to support him.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:59 Wed 28 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Massive anti-climax really.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:57 Thu 29 Nov 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I actually thought it was a decent, quick paced fight. Very rarely did the ref have to step in to break them up which made for a good spectacle.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Ricky Hatton Confirms Return To The Ring!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.