Football results and reactions (4)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
mich
mich
15:06 Mon 15 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Listen if you could put your country through to the semi final of a world cup by intentionally handballing on the line, you would do so too. The biting, that was and always will be animalistic behaviour and no one can condone what he did.

The racism as said at the time and is the case now is down to "probability" and with Man Utd board members on the "independent panel" looking into things, it was always going to happen, they knew they had no solid evidence. Just one persons say so with a few witnesses, over another persons say so with a few witnesses.

The picture that 2good posted shows that he tripped over his own leg yes, but in my view he was still looking for it. If you saw the video I posted before it was removed you will see the most blatant dive yet, was hilarious, will try find you another video so you can have a laugh.

Ronaldo, Yes you are correct there was talk in England about his diving, not from the FA or FIFA saying he should be banned for it though, just from other fans of other teams really.

Here's that Bale dive from just 8 days ago.

whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:10 Mon 15 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Listen if you could put your country through to the semi final of a world cup by intentionally handballing on the line, you would do so too.
I've thought about that but I'm not sure too many players would. It's not an instinct to block a ball with your hand if you're a football player, so you need to have a certain attitude and mentality to pull that off. Suarez just lacks integrity in every aspect of the game.

lol at the dive, I remember now you posted that. FIFA and FA members should never comment on issues like this, because they should be impartial. But I'm sure it was only individuals commenting, not an official FIFA or FA stance.
mich
mich
15:17 Mon 15 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Was England's FIFA representative or whatever who said it, so was stupid of him to say that if it wasn't an official FA/FIFA stance, and in which case could and possibly should be brought into question for singling individuals out.

I was watching the Copa America not too long back and they were interviewing other Uruguayans and some Argentinians at the time as what Suarez did was still very much a major talking point.

Players from both teams said that if it helped their team progress they would do it, and when asked Suarez said he would do it again. I know if I was playing for my country I would do it myself. It's no worse than bringing someone down in the box if you are the last man, they still get a penalty you still get sent off you just don't physically hurt anyone.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:48 Mon 15 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Seb you are forgetting that Suarez punched his own team mate at HT when he was at Ajax because he missed a free kick
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:10 Tue 16 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Listen if you could put your country through to the semi final of a world cup by intentionally handballing on the line, you would do so too.
I've thought about that but I'm not sure too many players would. It's not an instinct to block a ball with your hand if you're a football player, so you need to have a certain attitude and mentality to pull that off. Suarez just lacks integrity in every aspect of the game.

Hehe. Just so happens last night I got sent off myself for pulling off a great save on the line from an Adam Ba shot (he's Demba's cousin). Unfortunately for me the pen went in and I had to watch the rest of the match from the sidelines.

It is very much instinct. As Asamoah Gyan said himself, he'd have done it. You don't have time to think you just save it.

Think very few sensible people have a problem with that (Phil Neville did it against us for Everton in the derby from a Lucas effort and he's the ultimate model pro!) nobody cares though because Kuyt buried the resulting penalty and we won.

It wasn't the handball I didn't like at the time (it was great sporting drama and the moment of the world cup for me) but the aftermath where he was celebrating on the pitch and being carried around that I and many others had issue with.

Though, I'd like to say to Luis, never change. You make me laugh in a game that people take far to seriously.

Edited at 21:14 Mon 15/10/12 (BST)

Edited at 21:16 Mon 15/10/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:30 Tue 16 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
On the subject of dives, my personal favourite:

Take a bow, Gillardino.

Too funny.

Edited at 21:37 Mon 15/10/12 (BST)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
05:52 Tue 16 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
My own personal favorite, because it happened against my team. The player was later suspended for 2 games and fined for diving. He was the first German player to be suspended for diving.
You guys may remember him for scoring the last penalty in the Germany-England shootout from 1996

Sorry for the awful soundtrack. Best mute it.
mich
mich
22:01 Wed 17 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
This is my favourite couldn't find the video though...

Posted Image
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
04:25 Fri 19 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Not that it's anything new, but I really did feel bad for you all when I read that whole "Price of Football" stuff earlier today.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19922635
I'll be going to see my third division club play away in the 3. Bundesliga on Saturday- I'll be paying 8 Euros for the ticket (standing room), 1.50 for a sexy-tasting Bratwurst, and 1.50 for a half liter of fine German beer. That's just under 9 pounds overall.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:28 Sat 20 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
They will chant, they will shout, they will knock your keeper out it's Leeds United!!

mich
mich
21:20 Sun 21 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Looking good for Liverpool for next week, we travel to Everton for our big Derby and they have just had Pienaar sent off so he is banned and it looks like Fellaini will miss it due to injury.

Just need to get Suarez in goalscoring form...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:20 Mon 22 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
As if Aaron Cawley(person who attacked kirkland) as only got 4 month jail sentence
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:41 Tue 23 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The police complaints watchdog is under pressure to widen its investigation into alleged fabrication of evidence by South Yorkshire officers in the 1980s as new allegations emerge of attempts to frame miners at the Orgreave coking plant clashes.

Chris Kitchen, general secretary of the National Union of Mineworkers, said the IPPC and the director of public prosecutions, Keir Starmer QC, should include in their examination of South Yorkshire police's post-Hillsborough "cover-up" the force's alleged framing of 95 miners for serious criminal offences after Orgreave.

"Many miners were subjected to malpractice during the strike by South Yorkshire police " Kitchen told the Guardian. "I will be asking the NUM's national executive committee to consider complaining to the IPCC and DPP for the police operations at Orgreave and elsewhere during the strike to be investigated, now the details of what South Yorkshire police did at Hillsborough have been revealed."

At Orgreave in 1984, police officers on horseback and on foot were filmed beating Striking miners with truncheons, but South Yorkshire police claimed the miners had attacked them first, and prosecuted 95 men for riot and unlawful assembly, which carried potential life sentences. All 95 were acquitted after the prosecution case collapsed following revelations in court that police officers' statements had been dictated to them in order to establish evidence of a riot, and one signature had been forged.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:37 Tue 23 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Surely the greatest dive ever is rivaldo, 2002 World Cup. Ball got like at his legs and he goes down holding his face .epic!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:49 Tue 23 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:16 Sat 27 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Dunno about dive, there was clear contact after all
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:44 Sun 28 Oct 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Disgusting decision today, fuming.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:55 Sun 28 Oct 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
That is what happens when you have a pantomime villain in your side. Mike Riley had better stop sending us letters to say stop complaining and spend more time sorting out the shocking standard of officiating we have to put up with nearly every game.

That lino wants sacking. It wasn't even an honest mistake. The flag didn't go up until 5 seconds after the goal.

Wouldn't mind if it was level or even close. He's a good yard onside.

That's Utd and Everton now where we have been blatantly robbed.

I keep saying it, but I don't know why Suarez is bothering with this league. He could go to any in Europe and be appreciated and respected for the talent he is. At least he will have a clean slate rather than having every decision go against him.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:09 Sun 28 Oct 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Posted Image
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:57 Sun 28 Oct 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
didn't see the game, but heard that there was a goal disallowed incorrectly, but my bro said (liverpool fan) that they also had a goal from a dubious free-kick, so what comes around goes around
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Football results and reactions (4)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.