Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Adverts in forum posts

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

adam_147
adam_147
17:59 Fri 11 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Is anyone else getting bugged by adverts throughout the forum? This is where a word is underlined and as you highlight it a mini advert pops up. From reading forums it looks like it's a problem on Firefox, IE and Opera, however the solution everyone offers is to disable javascript... Sadly you will have worked out that disabling javascript on this site will cause another fairly major issue! The only other solution offered is to use Adblock, but this is discouraged on this site as much of the revenue is generated by hosting adverts.

I'm not sure if these other adverts have to be accepted by Funky before they appear, or if Nick can do anything about them, but if many people are experiencing this then it could be an issue.

It looks like this:

Posted Image

jack_pot
adam_147
adam_147
18:04 Fri 11 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Also, if people are getting this problem, please say if you are Premium members or not. Thanks.
tobo_
tobo_
19:21 Fri 11 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Never experienced this on any browser actually, I have Opera, Chrome (My preferred), IE and Firefox all installed on my system, and not one of them shows these adds :S

No adblocker on at all either...
jack_pot
jack_pot
19:31 Fri 11 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
This isn't a Funkysnooker thing. You'll have accidently downloaded adware. Try and find out what the Adware's called and Google a way of getting rid of it.
adam_147
adam_147
19:37 Fri 11 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
How would I find out what it's called?
jack_pot
jack_pot
19:40 Fri 11 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
When you hover over the word and the ad box comes up, it usually has the name of the company.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Adverts in forum posts

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.