are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

deliberate fouls, fair or foul

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

dwaz14
dwaz14
10:45 Wed 3 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
is it just me, or is there anyone else who thinks that a deliberate foul, is just a form of cheating.
we all know when it is a deliberate one, and there should be an alernate option to either just play or let them play.
the option would be to replace cue ball to original position and just like normal snooker, three attempts then forfeit.
this would stop these players continuing to use that ploy.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:46 Wed 3 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
1 - nick would need some hard coding i think as computer would need to recognise if the shot is legal

2 - option to let them play is there already

3 - not sure how hard it would be to put them back in original positions

4 - 3 miss rule only counts if you can see the reds full ball
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
18:25 Wed 3 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
If it allows you to do it and someone thinks they need to do it to win then so be it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:59 Wed 3 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i think he means the foul miss rule, id like also to see that on this game
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:09 Thu 4 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
We'll never have rules on here that cover off what an actual ref can rule in the 'real snooker' world. People will play this game to their advantage Pat. In doing so, will make so called 'cheat' shots to help - they obviously need to. You'll never stop it or beat it, so I guess it's a case of putting up with it (or join em)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:10 Thu 4 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah its true

You learn to live with it, If people have to 'cheat' to beat you, Then the jokes on them.
timpark
timpark
22:08 Wed 10 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
there is a "way" to put balls back in original positions ,as ive said before there is another online snooker game called quicksnooker ,,this game puts balls back to original position after a foul or a blatent attempt of cheating.

my view on this thread is, if someone wants to win that badly all they have to do is ask me to give them the game and i will

p.s ive quoted the quicksnooker name before and it was allowed so im not speaking out of turn by mentioning another game
i_am_james
i_am_james
01:43 Thu 11 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
its a game... grow up
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:05 Thu 11 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
its a game... grow up

Come on James you telling me if you snookered me and i rolled out you would go 'Its only a game' Especially if it cost you something
i_am_james
i_am_james
02:09 Thu 11 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What could it cost me? Oh yeah, a few points on a GAME!!!

People take this too seriously... Here's an example of how to not care. I got to 905 in arcade and for 2 days straight i entered every arcade tourney and got dq'd every time on purpose which took my rank back to the mid 700's

Its a game, its meant to be fun, its not life or death
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:27 Thu 11 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What could it cost me? Oh yeah, a few points on a GAME!!!

People take this too seriously... Here's an example of how to not care. I got to 905 in arcade and for 2 days straight i entered every arcade tourney and got dq'd every time on purpose which took my rank back to the mid 700's

Its a game, its meant to be fun, its not life or death

I agree some people do take this to seriously, Im only really involved in clans so i dont tend to run into trouble.

Got to agree people should try to get out of snookers though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:10 Sun 7 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
If a player does this then as said b4 the jokes on him. you also have the right not to play this cheat again and if everyone does the same he wouldnt be able to play cos no one would enter a game with him and eventually he would have to leave.

Theres also the other side of the coin that if a player goes for black and misses that should be 7 points, but currently if they hit nothing you get 4. so all in all the game levels itself out.

stephenh2014
stephenh2014
13:52 Wed 10 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It's impossible to have a miss rule on funkysnooker as in real life because in real life the referee has to decide whether they call the miss or not, it is not a standard call.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

deliberate fouls, fair or foul

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.