Once In A Lifetime Tournament

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 178
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:35 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It would be important to not do this too often. Every 4 weeks at most I would say, probably better 6 weeks. That way, its uniqueness is guaranteed and lots of people will participate.

Although I doubt the tournament would get as many participants with anything other than arc...

This only worked because it doesn't happen often!!
damee
damee
21:27 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I think it couldn't do much harm having a stab at trying reg and orig on it (I wouldn't say carom or power, far too unpopular). Possibly try one in a months time and then the other the following month? But put the same advertising into it like this one got and see how it goes. I do doubt either would get close to what this one did but 40-50 might be possible and would consider that a success!

The problem with doing one every few week though for the long run is that the novelty will wear off straight away with it and it will just be like any other tournament.

One thing I do believe this proves though is that high volumes of players are willing to join tournaments and have a good go of it. However, since there was a higher frequency of tournaments introduced and tournapoints and micro tournaments, I do believe this has killed tournaments as a whole and generally the site.

If tournaments were set at 32 max and having only a handful a day, it would work much better.

9am - Arcade
11am - Original
1pm - Arcade
3pm - Carom
5pm - Regular
7pm - Arcade
9pm - Original
11pm - Power
1am - Arcade

Switch them around daily though so not always at same time

Then once a week marathon on some of them. Something along the lines of that. I'd also scrap speed tournys!

I do apologise, I have ranted a bit!

Edited at 18:30 Mon 14/10/13 (BST)
damee
damee
21:31 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
And that's just stage one of whittling down the tournys to 1 a day
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:50 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
When I started it was already one tournament per hour. I remember them getting about 30 players each time (took me a while to win my first one!). I know there may have been more members back then, but I think a tournament per hour is not a bad rate, assuming all micros/friendlies are removed.

But yeah a bigger tourney every 5-6 weeks would keep people interested enough to get 50-60 for sure.
damee
damee
22:03 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Micros and friendlies are a complete waste of time. I think tournapoints on the whole are a waste. The fact that tournys score double rank I think is wrong too.

I still think 1 per hour is too many, especially at certain times of the day.
adam_147
adam_147
22:11 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Personally I preferred tournies before they were ranked. You had less people playing negatively when they weren't paranoid about losing double points if they let you in. Had less DQ-DQ results as a consequence.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:16 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Want to relive the Historic Once in a Lifetime Arcade Tournament Final? Thanks to Vijay, we can....

Should have got me to record it with hyper cam
damee
damee
22:16 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
The only time when tournys were better not ranked was when there was only like 4 tournys a week so having one of them actually meant something. Now I believe it's lost just about all of that so rank helps counter that slightly.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:25 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Want to relive the Historic Once in a Lifetime Arcade Tournament Final? Thanks to Vijay, we can....

Should have got me to record it with hyper cam

I feel sorry for the people who watched this. I managed a minute n half!!

Well done tho lethal, a well earned tournament!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:39 Tue 15 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Completely agree with Damien.

TournaPoints are always awarded to the player who plays the most, Nothing against players who play all day every day as i was once one of them but you do realise there is a life out there.

I think a tournament every two others would be good.. Or even have one of each type a day.

Scrap the micros and friendly tournaments, I think having less tournaments will give them a bit more prestige to them.

Have like..

Original - 11am
Regular - 3pm
Arcade - 5pm
Carom - 7pm
Power - 9pm

Might work to get more entries ?

Also it may even the tournapoints out as more will enter the other types to get the points.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:29 Tue 15 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah 1 a day would be brilliant, might overload the server though! but on the plus, it would be so cool to see who would join daily, surely we would hit max capacity at some point, and then many time after :) it would be different yet pretty fun.
damee
damee
02:24 Wed 16 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Arcade has to have more than 1 per day. Far more popular than the rest (seems to have more games playing at once than any other game type across both sites!)

Also for example only have orig at 11am every day. Sort of misses everyone. The site is a lot busier on an evening (GMT) than any other time, so tournys should be concentrated there. At non-peak hours put odd arcade one in as they will get the most numbers without doubt.
m_wood
m_wood
02:36 Wed 16 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Let us keep to the subject of the thread, the 13/10/2013 Tournament, and put those other thoughts n discussions in another thread boys

I am just working on a couple of things to finish this thread off marking the occasion for History
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:14 Thu 17 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Let us keep to the subject of the thread, the 13/10/2013 Tournament, and put those other thoughts n discussions in another thread boys

I am just working on a couple of things to finish this thread off marking the occasion for History
In other words i think he means shut up
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:16 Thu 17 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

In other words i think he means shut up
correct
m_wood
m_wood
05:34 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Okie dokie
m_wood
m_wood
05:35 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
And so...
m_wood
m_wood
Its time to end the thread
m_wood
m_wood
Ending now,
m_wood
m_wood
05:36 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Posted Image

Hi. The Lord here. After discussions with Admin I am pleased to Announce a Special One off... ONCE IN A LIFETIME Tournament!!!

Sunday 13th October. 9PM Aracde Tournament.

128 Entrants! One Great Tournament. One Great Champion.

All we need... is You. You to Join. Every Single one of you to Join in this very Special Tournament... in which the aim is simple, for 128 members to Join in... The Biggest Tournament of ALL TIME..... This really is Once In A Lifetime. There are No clan games taking place on this date, so everybody should be free of games... an historic night.. all we need is you to Join.. and be part of the biggest tournament FunkySnooker has Ever and WILL EVER see!

So Make sure you are here on Sunday 13th, at 9pm.. tell everybody, and get everybody to Join!

ALL MEMBERS WELCOME!!!! But be warned... there is only 128 spots available
Pages: 178
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Once In A Lifetime Tournament

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.