Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:36 Thu 17 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Germany Or Spain

ill happily lay 50 quid on each
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:41 Thu 17 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I would not be surprised by any team winning.

England must step up their game against the big guys (the seeded teams, to be precise) before we moan about England's repetitively pathetic performance.

Will tune in to it often as my GCSEs would be over by then.
i_am_james
i_am_james
22:25 Thu 17 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
If England perform to the same standard as the last 2 games (excluding Chris Smalling, even though im a United fan, he is poor and his marking and positioning are absolutely shocking) then i reckon we would be a match for anyone!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
22:31 Thu 17 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
^cute.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:47 Thu 17 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I think it will be tough for the European teams to be honest as they aint the best when it comes to playing in South America as most European Nations like to play at a pretty quick tempo and the heat might just get to them depending on the time of day they will be playing at.

If Wayne Rooney is fit and in form England have a slim chance of making it far depending on the draw(as they aint a seeded team).
baff
baff
Admin
23:50 Thu 17 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
If England perform to the same standard as the last 2 games (excluding Chris Smalling, even though im a United fan, he is poor and his marking and positioning are absolutely shocking) then i reckon we would be a match for anyone!

England fan that I am, I would love to see them do well.
Reastically though, the current crop is light years behind teams such as Spain, Germany, Holland and, dare I say it (for having watched their last 2 matches), France (not even counting Brasil and Argentina).

Some of the German football recently can only be dreamed of by the English team. I'm sure Seb will agree with me (with his neutral cap on lol).

Hodgson himself admits that reaching the World Cup is the "pinnacle of his career" ... you know the only way is down now loooool.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:01 Fri 18 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Cheeky bet on a young and always improving Belgium side, bags of potential.

England's aim should be to advance from the group stage anything after that is a bonus.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:36 Fri 18 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
England's aim should be to advance from the group stage anything after that is a bonus.

I'd preferably aim at the Quarter-Finals, to be honest.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:38 Fri 18 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd say you guys have already reached your goals by making it in the first place?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:02 Fri 18 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I took a tenner on Belgium at 25/1 a couple of months back.Just want them to get through to the quarters and I'l sell it off.

At the moment I'd say Brazil, but it depends massively on the groups and what seed the Netherlands are!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:12 Fri 18 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I took a tenner on Belgium at 25/1 a couple of months back.Just want them to get through to the quarters and I'l sell it off.

At the moment I'd say Brazil, but it depends massively on the groups and what seed the Netherlands are!

They wont be seeded as i cant see Uruguay losing to Jordan
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:07 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Id say Germany or Spain, my dad is putting a bet on Germany next year.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:34 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

They wont be seeded as i cant see Uruguay losing to Jordan

football is a weird sport ya know, everything can happen
anyway i hope ofcourse that the netherlands win the world cup as we have on of the best attackers and midfielders in the world
but tbh i think germany spain or argentina win the world cup belgium and france are good outsiders.
alex_lewis
alex_lewis
00:49 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
- Spain have had their run I think.
- Germany can play in a game with pure finesse but can sometimes choke.
- I support England but I'm not convinced they have seen the light yet in this century.
- France is unpredictable.
- Sweden/Ukraine/Ghana are really improving but may not be enough to go all the way.
- Holland are a good team but haven't won when making it to the finals in recent years. Maybe not them.
- Russia/Belgium appeared out of the blue winning a lot of their games in qualification. Maybe one of these 2?

My guess is going to be a team that is used to the weather. A South American team. My money is on the hosts to win Brazil. If I had to choose a European side, then Italy

Hope I'm right!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
12:13 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
You mean choke in pressure situations late in the game when it really counts? Like penalties perhaps?

Our defense looks crap though.
alex_lewis
alex_lewis
13:54 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
You mean choke in pressure situations late in the game when it really counts? Like penalties perhaps?

Our defense looks crap though.

They take good penalties. In the World cup 2002 and Euro 2008 they got to the finals! But never made that final hurdle. In recent years in the world cup 2006, 2010 and Euro 2012 they've played outstanding producing 4-0's but only going as far as the semi-finals now.

Could it be the same this world cup?
erigert
erigert
15:53 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
heres my prediction
1. Brazil
2. Italy
3. Argentina
4. Belgium
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:58 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, 2006 we were at 0-0 until the 119th minute... 2008 and 2010 0-1 against spain.
That 1-2 against italy was pretty bad though.
_wales_lad_
_wales_lad_
01:56 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Brazil will have the biggest boost in it seing as they are the host of it lol
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The World Cup!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.