Funky Awards 2013

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 189
clifton188
clifton188
22:53 Fri 27 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
For those who was wondering why the nominees might be inaccurate for the topic they are in,in simple terms this is my first proper year on the game and in clans and so my knowledge of all the players and their talent isn't very extensive yet.The votes come from personal encounters and a bit of reading on the forums. Hope that helped

If you thought my post was directed at your selections it wasn't was others
hehe no worries pal just putting it out that im a noob here incase anyone questions my selections lol
alex_lewis
alex_lewis
22:55 Fri 3 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Top of Arcade scotty2hotti, stormforce, lethal_lure
Top of Regular sporadic, pirate_steve, clifton188, hi_im_barry
Top of Original whocares8x8, sporadic, kilimanjaro
Top of Carom etarvt, i_am_cursed, gerard024, w_hoolahan, i_am_james
Top of Power whocares8x8, turtle1560, slatty
Top Overall whocares8x8, r1p0m4n_v2, pirate_steve
Top Most Consistent msl, etarvt, updara
Top Sports persons m_wood, dgeneratio, sarahh
Top Improved clifton188, dbno,
Top Moderator adam_147
Top Administrator baff

We also have introduced the Clan League into this and the subjects are:

Top Clan Player of the Season clifton188, dbno, kilimanjaro
Top Clan Most Improved clifton188, dbno, m_wood
Top Clan Newcomer hi_im_barry, dbno, clifton188
Top Clan Captains rossunited, ex_sniper, msl

Edited at 21:00 Fri 03/01/14 (GMT)
the_guvernar
the_guvernar
00:35 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
what a joke these awards are ,just have a close look at who is voting for who,friends voting for friends ,clan members voting for players in the same clan ,players not voting for very good players because they are in another clan ,i dont normally get involved in this ,but come on anyone can see whats going on ,i am blessed ,i dont know him ,is not even mentioned on some arcade lists,yet he has had a mind blowing year with his maxes so how can he be left out out by anyone if there honest,ive looked at all the votes,some arcade players have been voted in the top 3 yet have not played 10 games all year,whats that all about,i know at least 3 novice players in 2013 who have improved to become pros,not one is mentioned anywhere,my guess is 90% of the votes go to clan players,this is unfair on the lower ranking players who play just as often ,improve alot but never get mentioned,ive been around since the start of this site,i now just play for fun ,mainly friendlies ,but these awards need to be looked at more closely,its all relative for a novice ie 575 to go to say 720 is a massive improvement,but he aint in a clan so he goes by the wayside ,ive noticed 99% of most improved player votes is in a clan ,for a newbie it should state join a clan ,or a closer look at ALL PLAYERS should be looked at by the people who give out their opinions based on there own click of friends

Edited at 22:41 Fri 03/01/14 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:37 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Reading that gave me a headache
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:38 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
First of all, it's a vote- an opinion, not a fact.
You are free to post your own vote.

Also, people simply don't notice certain achievements if they don't happen in league play. How are we supposed to tell whether some random player who never plays clan games has improved or not? You think we track the rank at the beginning of the year?
No. What we do have, however are results in leagues for many seasons now that we can look back on and compare.
League results get posted. Normal results dont get posted. Simple as that.
the_guvernar
the_guvernar
00:48 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
then the answer is ,the people who vote should be random,i really dont mean to be negative but its the same every time ,they even asked last years voters if they wanted to vote this year ,that cant be right ,most are in the same clan ,a random panel of voters would give a more accurate result,so what your saying backs up what im saying if u aint in a league or clan your out ,that cant be fair?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:00 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Are you expecting people to pluck random names from the air that have made relatively insignificant achievements that lots of people have made?

It's just supposed to be a bit of fun!

Where's your perfect list?
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
01:15 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have hardly any friends and have received a few votes.

Seb and Pirate have no friends at all and are doing ok!!

Dunno what he is on about.

And how do you pick a "random" panel of voters anyway
???

its just for fun !!!!

its not BBC sports personality of the year

and anyway we all knew Murray would win

whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:32 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
then the answer is ,the people who vote should be random,i really dont mean to be negative but its the same every time ,they even asked last years voters if they wanted to vote this year ,that cant be right ,most are in the same clan ,a random panel of voters would give a more accurate result,so what your saying backs up what im saying if u aint in a league or clan your out ,that cant be fair?
Last year they did a panel vote and then added up the public vote separately, if I remember correctly. So in your case, you can simply disregard the panel vote if you think it's crap and just look at the public vote. Anyone can vote
the_guvernar
the_guvernar
01:33 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
steve ,of course im not expecting people to pluck random names from the air ,but there are thousands of members on this site,and every one of them deserves the sames rights as every other member,what may be insignificant to you is very important to lower players than you,your in a clan so i guess you will disagree with me,tell you what ill bow down to your expert opinion on every member of funky who aint in a clan ,i give up sorry i even bought it up ,you must be right
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:52 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
What I said was relatively insignificant achievements because of the amount of people who have gotten them.

It is a 'big' thing for someone to go from adept to pro, hit their first half etc etc, but lots of people do this so they don't stand out.

It's always going to be open to a degree of subjectivity, but it is just supposed to be a bit of fun, your complaining is unwarranted.

If you think people haven't received appropriate recognition then put a list forward yourself...
garethclin
garethclin
02:29 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
haha no matter how many cents i hit i never get nominated lol
i scored more cents than m_wood in power and he gets nominated before me

time to retire?
alex_lewis
alex_lewis
17:02 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
the_guvernar, sorry mate but I only see it to believe it. Since my return in summer of 2013 i haven't seen i_am_blessed play hardly any arcade games. Now maybe he has or hasn't or he's played early 2013 or in clan games i don't know. But the people I have mentioned are my votes. scotty2hotti outstanding arcade player in my opinion. Hes reached 974 virtuoso rank and hes kept a consistent virt rank ever since. whocares8x8 a fine player, he can grab a 140+ break in under 2mins in power. As well as sporadic making 147's. etarvt amazing carom player along with i_am_cursed who consistently gets 5+'s along with a run of 14 in 2013! Not sure a lot of you know updara but he's definitely been consistent to me, whenever i ask him to come online at a certain time he'd come on and only playing against hard people to learn and improve.. And then theres clifton188 and dbno started out as newbies and they whooshed their way to the top, clifton making a high professional rank in orig and reg and dbno in power. A lot of people can agree with me that they have caused many upsets in the last clan season

Edited at 15:13 Sat 04/01/14 (GMT)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:31 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sorry net problems, will try and update them tonight and announce them

EDIT: Updated the Public results and will announce shortly, will update Panel results after that

Edited at 21:54 Sat 04/01/14 (GMT)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:45 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Think next year if nets the same, i will either ask someone to help me update or allow the users to update themselves.

updating yourself is risky though as anyone can change the contents.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:52 Sat 4 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
what a joke these awards are ,just have a close look at who is voting for who,friends voting for friends ,clan members voting for players in the same clan ,players not voting for very good players because they are in another clan ,i dont normally get involved in this ,but come on anyone can see whats going on ,i am blessed ,i dont know him ,is not even mentioned on some arcade lists,yet he has had a mind blowing year with his maxes so how can he be left out out by anyone if there honest

Thats up to them, however looking on my updated list up to kilimanjaros result Tyler is 3 points ahead of Scotty and it is close as Buzby is 3rd by 2 points ahead of Bomjaza (4th) and 5th at the moment is Stormforce. 3rd onwards are going to take a miracle to catch the top 2.

so even though some has 'missed' Tyler he is in front right now
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:22 Sun 5 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
FUNKY AWARDS 2013:

PUBLIC RESULTS

You can view the entire result here: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alod79U5yAindFlCSWFueUtVc29YTlJVclFBVmozQWc&usp=drive_web&richtext=true#gid=1

Arcade
1. scotty2hotti 52
2. i_am_blessed 41
3. bomjaza 28
4. stormforce 25
5. buzby147 21

Regular
1. pirate 45
2. _nerdzz_ 43
3. i_am_cursed 19
4. i_am_blessed 18
5. thegame26 16

Original
1. seb 61
2. kili 46
3. sporidic 26
4. pirate_steve 25
5. _sting_ 10

Carom
1. etarvt 55
2. adam_ 49
3. w_hoolahan 23
4. r1p0m4n 17
5. rank_stinger 11

Power
1. seb 52
2. slatty 38
3. m_wood 23
4. mattywellie 19
5. bomjaza 17
5. lethal_lures 17

Overall
1. seb 71
2. r1p0m4n 35
2. pirate 35
4. kilimanjaro 23
5. i_am_blessed 13

Consistent
1. seb 33
2. pirate 12
3. i_am_blessed 5

Sportsman
1. spirit2010 12
2. m_wood 9
2. stormforce 9

Funky Improved
1. clifton188 13
2. pattie96 9
3. dbno 8

1. adam 24
2. mrmagic 6
3. mattywellie 4

Admins
1. baff 20
2. spinner 10
3. fastboysam 7

-------------------------------------------------

Clan Player
1. seb 15
2. kilimanjaro 14
3. lethal_lure 7
3. pirate 7

Clan Improved
1. dbno 12
2. kili 12
3. clifton188 9

Newcomer
1. dbno 21
2. acepotter25 12
2. clifton188 12

Clan Captain
1. pirate 23
2. seb 15
3. rossunited 11

Well done to the winners
i_am_james
i_am_james
20:32 Tue 7 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
what a joke these awards are ,just have a close look at who is voting for who,friends voting for friends ,clan members voting for players in the same clan ,players not voting for very good players because they are in another clan ,i dont normally get involved in this ,but come on anyone can see whats going on ,i am blessed ,i dont know him ,is not even mentioned on some arcade lists,yet he has had a mind blowing year with his maxes so how can he be left out out by anyone if there honest,ive looked at all the votes,some arcade players have been voted in the top 3 yet have not played 10 games all year,whats that all about,i know at least 3 novice players in 2013 who have improved to become pros,not one is mentioned anywhere,my guess is 90% of the votes go to clan players,this is unfair on the lower ranking players who play just as often ,improve alot but never get mentioned,ive been around since the start of this site,i now just play for fun ,mainly friendlies ,but these awards need to be looked at more closely,its all relative for a novice ie 575 to go to say 720 is a massive improvement,but he aint in a clan so he goes by the wayside ,ive noticed 99% of most improved player votes is in a clan ,for a newbie it should state join a clan ,or a closer look at ALL PLAYERS should be looked at by the people who give out their opinions based on there own click of friends

Get a grip you idiot, it is an ONLINE GAME... Go outside!
sarahh
sarahh
21:49 Tue 7 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
no need for that james , that doesnt help in anyway or form , hes just expressing his opinion.
acepotter25
acepotter25
23:30 Tue 7 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
well said Sarah
Pages: 189
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Funky Awards 2013

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.