It's their own choice but I personally wouldn't do it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:37 Sat 22 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
i do it on pool all the time, but here i i would never haa
quickpot_147
quickpot_147
20:25 Sat 22 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
i used to do it quite often but now i wont reset because of some of the stuff i have achived like maximums and tourney wins something i never used to do
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
00:09 Sun 23 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I would say you have 2 main types..those that aren't that great and reset in the hope there next set of stats are better and those that couldn't care less(like Tyler on pool).

There are a few who are in neither of these types but not many.

Personally I favour deactivating and starting a new profile as I do on pool (probably 20+ different profiles)..mainly because I only occasionally enjoy pool and not for long at that and couldn't care less frankly... like Tyler.
It does just provide an alternative to snooker sometimes.

You will get people whinging about resetters as you do "fake" newbies but its each to their own.

On snooker I have occasionally deactivated , mainly in attempts to get off this site but I end up often getting another profile after a few days, then deactivating that profile and reactivating my original lol.
Love the fake newbie abuse I get for a day or two lol.

Most who reset after having set some good stats normally regret it too.
i_am_james
i_am_james
15:32 Sun 23 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I had good stats, regretted it at first but dont now.
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
17:11 Sun 23 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
But probably because you have built up decent stats again over time.
You have deactivated and been under another user name before as well so you are one of the other categories not I think one of the 2 main types.

I had a username for a year before kilimanjaro but never really regretted losing the stats apart from i would have more cents /halves and tourneys to my name lol
Oh and I was virt at arcade for a while which I have never got to as kili ..something I CBA ever to do again as I hardly play it now.

I still say its up to the individual what they do and there is no right or wrong.

People who are beaten by resetters or fake newbies should just get over it

Edited at 18:58 Sun 23/02/14 (GMT)

i_am_james
i_am_james
19:38 Sun 23 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I was under i_am_beast before but was banned but didn't have anything like the stats i had before i reset. To be honest, my reset was pointless, I've not bettered (YET). Before i reset i had

Arcade

Reached Virt and been number 1
Was 834 (19th) at the time of reset
12 maxes
38 cents
639 half cents
43 tournies 77 micros

Reg

761 (844 highest)
33 cents
299 half cents
highest break of 142
13 tournies 5 micros

Carom

761 (22nd) (779 highest 8th)
66 5+
1 10+
11 tournies

Theyre my 3 main game types so i wasnt presenting crap stats when i reset, it was rage after losing twice in arcade tourny to a 650 lol oh and my rapid decline down the regular mountain after being very close to the summit for so long.

Also, was 2 tournies shy of 100.

What's done is done lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:21 Tue 25 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Depends... Like you said you have types who reset just for the fun of it and ones that generally do it to improve their stats.

I was one who reset every week when i played this, I don't regret ever resetting either as sometimes i got a bit bored and wanted new challenges.

End of the day its not harming the top ranked players as you only lose something like 0.2 to losing to a newbie in a tournament anyway.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:45 Thu 27 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I still regret the day i reset on here after accomplishing everything i could (before Power Snooker came out). I won't have those stats again but i keep a record on my about me.

Only thing improved for me is the Arcade Maximums.

I haven't ever reset on Pool though.
acepotter25
acepotter25
14:44 Wed 5 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
its ong after once or twice.. its a misrepresentation of your true abilities in the game.. not naming names here but one guy resets on average 8 times a day
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:09 Wed 5 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I reset quite often, those who know me know I do...But as I don't play much I get abused all the time for resetting...Surely people 750-900 ranks have learned by now not to play someone who's a newbie!? There's like a 90% chance that they've reset...So..I don't really see the issue. However, like I said I don't play much but still get abused for resetting Personally, I couldn't care less if someone resets, I'd play anyone, it's just a game after all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:50 Mon 17 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
If it was wrong it wouldn't be allowed would it?

Mysterious case of right or wrong for resetters solved.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:30 Tue 18 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
People really need to come to terms with people resetting, honestly, if someone's a newbie, don't play them...Not hard :l I mean, this game has been here a while, not many new players are joining I don't think so it's inevitable that a newbie is going to be a re-setter (Of course there's a slim chance they're actually new to the game.)

If you get them in a Tournament then that's just too bad, just beat them and move on...Or lose and think, ok...Next game...If you want to get the top rank, you need to beat everyone, top rank means you're the best. So stop whining. Eh.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:40 Sun 23 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
its ong after once or twice.. its a misrepresentation of your true abilities in the game.. not naming names here but one guy resets on average 8 times a day

....so what?
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Resetters :- Right Or Wrong

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.