are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Is it cheating?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:45 Mon 17 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I recently played in a tourny where I successfully snookered my opponent each shot I had. admittedly I could have gone for a shot but I chose to snooker every time and won the game through it. my opponent continually called me a cheat but correct me if I'm wrong.. isn't this called snooker?
acepotter25
acepotter25
22:41 Tue 18 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
if you deliberately snooker someone when there is a clear shot on then yes that can in some cases be classed as cheating or intentionally influencing the game, however there is nothing wrong with tactical play as long as you play fair.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:41 Tue 18 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hi Ace thank you for your response.

- in which cases can it be classed as cheating? by that answer you are implying it is taken on a case by case scenario? This wouldn't be fair either, and influencing the game? surely every player tries to influence the game in there favour to get a win. I've checked the rules here and also online for this type of game and I cannot find anywhere that it says I must go for a shot that is on. if I was losing, I would try a snooker to gain back the points. If its to do with sportsmanship, I would agree a fair game is necessary but the name of the game is snooker.

Thanks again for you response but I feel I still need a definitive answer to this.

cheers
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
02:44 Wed 19 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
all thought its not going to make you popular but its part of the game as safety play is as important as attacking in my view so no its not cheating so if its how you play the so be it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:38 Wed 19 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
thank you again for your response. it is true it hasn't made me popular but im not here to make friends lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:22 Wed 19 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
People don't like when you put them in snookers when there is a shot on. Why? Because they hope you will miss the difficult shot and let them back in.

It is not cheating and is perfectly within the rules.

If there is a difficult shot on and I don't think I can pot it, I will go for a snooker. Also if I dont think I can get position on the next ball, I will go for a snooker. It's tactical play to win a game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:26 Wed 19 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
what if somebody did it every match in real life?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:52 Wed 19 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm sure they probably wouldn't be liked, but they couldn't be accused of cheating
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:45 Wed 19 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
thanks for your answers guys. ill feel much better doing it again should it arise in a future game.

cheers
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
18:13 Wed 19 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
nothing wrong with it, if you dont want to risk missing, dont
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Is it cheating?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.