are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

New idea for clans

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

i_am_james
i_am_james
20:32 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I was thinking, instead of all the captains poaching players from all the clans at the end of every season, why dont we put all clan players into a pot in their respective game types.

Pot One
Arcade Players

Pot Two
Regular Players

Pot Three
Original Players

Pot Four
Carom Players

Pot Five
Power Players

Every captain gets to choose their vice and then draw 2 players at random from each pot into a clan therefore making up the 12 players required.

In my opinion it would make it more exciting, that way we don't have the same winners every season and you have to make do with what you get.

For people like Seb and Adam, i cant see them liking this idea for the simple fact, they're the two dominant forces when it comes to clans.

Even if its tested for one season it would stop there being such one sided results.

Oh and no transfer window, you finish the season with the team you start with.

All feedback welcome
acepotter25
acepotter25
20:42 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
there's no such thing as one sided results, just because someone maybe a much higher rank, it doesn't guarantee a win, its about how well you play in any individual game.

the winners of every season will depend on the above point. some people don't put the effort in as they would automatically assume they would loose,

could trial it for one season but doubt it would be sustained

i_am_james
i_am_james
20:43 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
there's no such thing as one sided results, just because someone maybe a much higher rank, it doesn't guarantee a win, its about how well you play in any individual game.

the winners of every season will depend on the above point. some people don't put the effort in as they would automatically assume they would loose,

could trial it for one season but doubt it would be sustained

No disrespect mate but your clan gave away 6-0's like it was a religion...
acepotter25
acepotter25
20:44 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
like I said people don't put the effort in as they would assume they would loose so they would just *play it out*
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
20:48 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Dout ud get many in the carom pot haha
joeyy
joeyy
21:04 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I like the idea but I'd suggest a couple of changes maybe.
Rather than getting 2 from each in the pot they can choose vice and 5 players which they can pick good all round players who wouldn't necessarily fit into one pot.

Then pick one from each of the pots making up the 12.

Any left over in the pots go into one big pot so that
even with no transfer window if a player leaves you replace at random from the reserve pot.

It would make it more interesting, however down sides might be in clan fighting or less reliability.

worth a shot though for sure
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:09 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The idea isnt terrible in theory. However, many players join clans to play with friends of theirs, not with random others. I can see a number of people dropping out for that reason. What stops people from leaving right away after theyre drawn to a team?
Also, we've just come off the most exciting season ever, with the top 5 (!) teams separated by about 30 points. I dont see how we can achieve more parity than that!

For everyone else, please post any new ideas in the clan league discussion thread
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
21:12 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
that would be fun for an alternative league with maybe just 6 man teams..but won't work in reality as the main league.

Also I don't consider myself as having a "type"

I may be top 10 in orig and considered an orig player usually , but I used to be more reg biased(11th highest all time rank) and in a previous existence I was even a virt in arcade and still have the 2nd highest power rank all time..(altho don't get to play it as the tourney is a bit late).

I am not trying to show off lol but to make the point about type...yes some players are distinctly one type..but not many.
Often it depends on the timing of tournaments as to what I play or even what games are available as they seem fewer and far between now.

I have always thought there should be an alternative competition to the league and cup rather like pool although maybe not quite as many as there lol.

And I don't mean one of these half hearted things that people enter and then never play their games..but something semi "official " like the league but a diffferent format..either individual or team based.

Maybe a clan arcade league...4-6 man team ....you can use any members of your clan ...a win points based league..3 points for a win..frame difference..etc..
I say arcade because its the most popular and anyone can beat almost anyone..

just an idea
joeyy
joeyy
21:19 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think those without a main type would go into the pots which needed filling assuming they are happy with the type they are put in
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:29 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
This idea would be good man. You would have good players in every side, and how would you be able to predict who is gonna win the title man, im all in.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:04 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
you could run a separate league mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:22 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
NBA Draft anyone? Pretty similar concept but players already with a clan would remain where they are. Only free agents would go in to the draw. You could allow captains to select their own players from the draw in reverse order of the previous season table?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:15 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Dout ud get many in the carom pot haha

i wouldnt mind the carom pot
acepotter25
acepotter25
16:12 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
regular tournament is open for sign up on forum, I've organised it for a little bit of fun.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:42 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
ive been saying this for seasons now just everyone i suggest it to has always hated it .. it could possibly work if seb could run it as a trial as a side event or something
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:47 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Although this suggestion would be much better for all clans to have an equal footing, in my opinion the only reason the majority of people play clans is for the camaraderie with friends which is why you seem to get the same groups of people within the same clans.

In general the members who just want to win gravitate to the same clan/s, the members who want to play with friends go to the same clan/s and the members who just want to have fun go to the same clans (not to say that these groups aren't interchangeable).

I think changing that dynamic would kill the league off
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:05 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, i brought that point up earlier as well- this wont be implemented in the league, especially since the strength of teams is currently very evenly spread.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New idea for clans

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.