are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

wots happened to this site

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

hutch1971
hutch1971
01:25 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i no its not just me but i feel the site has lost its place not in game wise but in player wise . ive read some of the forum pages about low rankers and mult accounts . that all bye the the bye u all no i kep my rank low so i can play others rather than ave a high rank and no one wants to play you when you join a game or set one up.i like the banter and general chat and switch me brain off and just play. love playing the tourns and winning em witch is rare of late lol
but thats down to me . this site needs a boast of new players including the old player that dont seem to be on anymore, dont no why their not but i ave a few ideas why their not. ive been away on work for a few days and ave got back played say hello or evening gl ns v ul and all that and am asmaaved that i get no reply from my oponet . i was only gone 4 days lol . any lets try and get this site back to wot it was if we all work togehter on the simple things like manners polite ness and just haveing fun im surre we can get it back to wot we all remember it being. have a good evening or day pending on your time line . take care all and lets try and keep this site going xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
stephenh2014
stephenh2014
01:32 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Thats a cool story Rob lol.
I agree with you the site has changed, but what you suggest about boost of new players, politeness etc just isnt gonna happen mate.
The biggest problem as you say is that the number of players has dropped big time recently. I think that has many causes, UK wise snooker is just not as popular anymore as it used to be. Also, I think a lot of it has to do with Nick being so inactive nowadays. Although some say it has nothing to do with it, I dont think the site will ever make progress again until funky has a more active and involved owner.
hutch1971
hutch1971
01:49 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
oh i didnt no that nick aint involved anymore no one tells me out plus i dont look at the forums unless i get a message then a lot of the time i forget to look then when i do i dont no wot im looking for lol u no me useless, anyway take your point ste. thanks for the reply mate. but on your point of snooker that not that big other here i think is wrong mate its just not on tv as much as it used to be , darts has taken over tv wise whicth theres nout wrong with that maybe we should all pester ian into createing a funky darts game lol
or pub olimpics withs darts poll snooker drinking and fighting games. just an idea ild pay a tenner to play it lol
buckjam
buckjam
04:39 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Hey Hutch. I agree with a lot of what you said. I'm gonna sound like an old fart now but todays society doesnt subcribe to nicecities such and please and thank you so why should todays youth stoop so low as to a hi,gg or nice shot. Politeness in general is a nonentity. People dont say morning or afternoon in the street anymore to a perfect stranger. They isolate themselves in a cocoon with there i phones,pods and everything else that doesnt involve actual human interaction. You dont get it in real life as a rule anymore so why should we expect to see it on a snooker game? I dont agree with it and still make sure the kids use please and thankyou's where neccesary but even here in Canada they are begininng to stop using it. The way of the world i'm afraid.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:25 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I have to respectfully disagree mate. I believe in the common decency of others, despite as you say, bein' shown not a lot of it on here. I believe a few tweeks can make this back to what it was....

I have a 3 point strategy for the saving of this site:

1. one man one account, let everyone know the guy they know and trust is that guy. No If buts maybe and who's.

2. Less tournies, 1 a day for each game type, so the dudes who so love each game can have a time to come on, not just like 5 arc tourneys a day, or 10 with micros, but One, to unite them all to come on for it, make it competitive.

3. Make tourneypoints into a week only thing, and scrap monthly and overall! monthly and overall give an uncheivable target for new players, and they won't even bother playing to try in the first instance!! guaranteed! Whereas weekly only, then reset after with the trophies handed out, will allow every God damn person to have a go :D

I think by doing these things, you will get trust back amongst all the 20 odd i know who have left, you will cut the abuse to new members from outrageous bullies, and you will revitalise a dying site :)

End the bullying of ones who can change names quicker than a sneeze, ONE MAN/ WOMAN = ONE ACCOUNT will sort all of this chit out!!!!!!! once and for all :)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:06 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I found this site by trying to google free online snooker games.
If you google "snooker game" or "free snooker game" etc., you will not find this site on the first page, which essentially means nobody comes here. Only specific phrases ("online snooker game") will make this site appear at the bottom of the first page.

Can't attract new players that way. The game is also not playable on tablets, which doesnt help.
mich
mich
22:54 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
It's not the people, it's the technology.

Times have changed, people play apps on their phone, iPad, tablets etc etc... P.C's are not as popular now, and when people turn on their laptop for a lot of people their first port of call is Facebook or twitter etc... Facebook has plenty of pool/snooker apps you can play.

A bit of advertisement wouldn't hurt, but it costs, and while Nick has a job doing other stuff and only running this as a hobby (from what I have read elsewhere) then I can't see any more work on the advertisement front.

People moaning about people who don't talk is just stupid really, some people come on here to smash a few balls get away from talking to people, so why would they get into a conversation with people they don't know? I don't always say hello, or good game, or whatever else... that does not mean by any stretch of the imagination I am rude, I think this day in age people are just upset too easy, if someone doesn't say hi or gg then just don't say it the next game, simple.

It's not as if they are telling you they hope your parents get cancer and die, which I have had on here off a few people after playing them, it's an online game, not everyone wants to chat but everyone is here for a mutual reason, to play some games.

It was inevitable with the increase of popularity on Facebook, and gadgets like iPads etc that sites like this would be less popular... it's just one of them things.
stephenh2014
stephenh2014
00:48 Sat 4 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Less tournies, 1 a day for each game type, so the dudes who so love each game can have a time to come on, not just like 5 arc tourneys a day, or 10 with micros, but One, to unite them all to come on for it, make it competitive.

Thats a great idea, not that anything will ever be done with it...
So many times i see people creating a new game queries thread because they have a renewing idea for funky, but the bottom line is no big changes are ever gonna be made in funky from this point. There is just no one from the staff that can be bothered. If anything, I'd see Nick work on the mobile app and tablet so there might be some hope there.

Im not sure technology is really the problem though, there are still plenty people who use their pc alot and after all funky requires a lot of time so laptop/computer would be the best to play it on.
When I joined the site, there was a bunch of (tournament) regulars on here who followed each other in tournaments and who you could have a good fun chat with.
I liked that and thats what made me stay on the site. Of course there were quiet guys too who were only on here to play and thats ok. Now the silent players are still there, but the chatty group has gone.

My point is, when a game is new its usually fun, but if you get better at it, it becomes more boring too. Thats when you need another reason to stick to the game, nice people. There just arent alot of them on here anymore and thats the main cause
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:52 Sat 4 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with hutch... i'm always polite and greet my opponent with a "hi gl" and u will get no answer... then when ur a ball or two away from winning the match you start getting abused to put you off..... I don't want mad conversations with people, i'm trying to concentrate hard at certain times in a match... I got 20 seconds to decide and play my shot, so at times, I dont speak, but manners costs nothing!!!!! if u wanna pot balls come here!!! if u wanna abuse someone then get on twitter!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:31 Sat 4 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i'm no big hard man but no player, nor a normal person would say to my face what I heve been called here.... and I drive a taxi!!!!
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

wots happened to this site

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.