Port for funky in firewall?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
clifton188
clifton188
21:57 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
The same thing happened to me i updated java then it stopped working. I solved the problem by uninstalling it and reinstalling the old version not the newest version and that worked for me,although i couldnt get on yesterday and i can today so i believe that was the server not java

Unfortunately i tried 6 times today and no joy

are you restarting your computer afterward? and are u sure ur downloading the right one
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:59 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes mate, Can ask Ash/Myrddin on Pool, i followed their exact instructions and some more stuff too which you can see on Pool and now computer won't even restore for some reason (was fine earlier) so until Java gets fixed or the Whizzs help me find a solution then i'm stumped
clifton188
clifton188
22:01 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
what u listening to him for :P
clifton188
clifton188
22:02 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
oh god have u removed files from your programme folder? now i cant help ya cos thats a level of computery im not familiar with
hutch1971
hutch1971
22:03 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
chubbeychaser has just been round and he cant fix mine his works tho bit weird
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:05 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just to add, this issue was present for a few before the server issues.

I tried everything I could think of to sort - complete reinstall of java after cleaning registry, disabling of firewall and antispyware, adding correct classpaths for Java within Environmental Variables, cleaning all caches, reinstalling chrome, trying 64 bit chrome with 64 bit Java. I also tested applets on other sites and these all worked fine, as did verifying the java installation.

Nothing sorted the error so I now assume that it is some sort of incompatibility issue between the funky applet & java on certain computers.

The other guy experiencing this problem had the problem occur spontaneously too.

Chrome doesn't have Java built in as far as I am aware.

I also tried installing old versions (the one I have on my computer) to no avail.
clifton188
clifton188
22:05 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
i dont know what to say fellas but i hope u all get it sorted soon
hutch1971
hutch1971
22:08 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
im just ganna join tourns pick up the odd 8 points lol
clifton188
clifton188
22:09 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol u make me crack up bob
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:15 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just to add, this issue was present for a few before the server issues.

I tried everything I could think of to sort - complete reinstall of java after cleaning registry, disabling of firewall and antispyware, adding correct classpaths for Java within Environmental Variables, cleaning all caches, reinstalling chrome, trying 64 bit chrome with 64 bit Java. I also tested applets on other sites and these all worked fine, as did verifying the java installation.

Nothing sorted the error so I now assume that it is some sort of incompatibility issue between the funky applet & java on certain computers.

The other guy experiencing this problem had the problem occur spontaneously too.

Chrome doesn't have Java built in as far as I am aware.

I also tried installing old versions (the one I have on my computer) to no avail.

Exactly the same for me, what does this mean?
budweiser
budweiser
22:27 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Has anyone tried system restore to earlier date? before installed and updated java?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:29 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Tried Yesterday but no change and now System Restore won't work.
budweiser
budweiser
22:30 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ok. need to undo last restore if will let you
hutch1971
hutch1971
23:57 Thu 22 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol nout works but im no pc person . keep me up to date on wots happening please. thank you all for your imput
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:06 Fri 23 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
No worries, Once i can fix it i will let you know
hutch1971
hutch1971
00:16 Fri 23 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
thank you
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:51 Fri 23 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I just did the java update and it works fine.
Having said that, I also still have an old java version installed (Update 6, Version 37). I don't uninstall that one.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:28 Fri 23 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well, I've just tried everything to get Hutch's Windows XP to work. Went back to the original Java V7 and then back to latest V8, same issue, which is below:

ClassNotFoundException
com.funkypool.client.funkysnookerapplet

This is telling me that Funky owner Nick needs to do something here to the applet. I could be wrong, but until such time that Nick looks into this, those with issues will not get in.

Ian.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:32 Fri 23 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Must be a compatibility problem with Windows XP. To be fair, that system is now 14 years old...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:35 Fri 23 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Windows XP is no longer a supported operating system since April 2014. I guess it was probably a matter of time before issues like this with java. Hopefully Nick will see this and be able to advise folk.

I'm guessing only those on XP are having this issue, as Spirit is XP too and cannot get in.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Port for funky in firewall?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.