are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

The whole refugee 'crisis'

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

chezz021_v2
chezz021_v2
01:49 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Right, I'm going to put my view across here, and I want to hear your views here too.

I live in England, and I'm hearing other countries are blaming others about them not making an effort for the refugees, I've been watching the last leg, and yes, they have good points, but they aren't seeing the big picture. Now before I say anything more, I hate UKIP, and I'm not against foreigners.

Now, the countries that are blaming us don't realize one major factor, the fact we are, in retrospect, a tiny country! In fact, we are the most densely populated country in Europe, and the fact we're not 'housing' as many as the other countries is bang out of order!

The picture of the 3 year old dead on the beach is horrible, but for me, that picture has been used as a guilt trip so we have to take on these refugees, but maybe the other countries should make more of an effort rather than have a go at the UK, we are tiny, a lot smaller than USA, we are taking in 4,000 refugees, USA, you know, that massive country that has all that space, only taking in 6,000. But countries are too sh... poo scared of them, and to me that's farcical!

Like I have stated, we are a small country, the most populated country in Europe, and an advanced country in which our population will keep growing, but we can't afford to keep bringing in refugees, because other leaders say so, David Cameron need to grow some balls, and do what my parents did, when they say no, mean it!

Thoughts?

Posted on pool too.
clifton188
clifton188
10:50 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Tough one Matt and your right were not taking in as many refugees as everyone else but i did read that we have let the most foreigners come over out of the European countries which counts for something. But as soon as they land on English soil or water we have to act,would you just stand there and watch someone suffer or die? its human nature to put your hand out and especially when these people have risked their life to escape whatever problems they have and find some kind of stability and England is an easy target for that.
chezz021_v2
chezz021_v2
13:47 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't dispute the fact that if they come over, we should do something, I haven't got a problem with that, what I see wrong is the European leaders playing ti t for tat, "oh, we are letting loads of refugees in our country, you should do the same", that's the thing I have a problem with.

Like I stated above, we are a lot smaller than the other countries, and have a higher population density, so we can't bring more people in, there are only so many people we can hold on this tiny island.

I see what you're saying Cliffy, when they land on English soil, but look at the map of Europe, they have to go through a fair few spacious countries before getting to us.
clifton188
clifton188
14:21 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Blame labour mate their the ones who took us into the EU and we welcome them with open arms give them jobs homes and benefits why would they go anywhere else? They are trying to reform this but imo the damage is done and it's too late. We have to deal with the ramifications of a poorly run government simple as that.
chezz021_v2
chezz021_v2
16:18 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Nicely put, didn't even think to look to our past government, I totally agree with you.
quickpot_147
quickpot_147
23:00 Sun 6 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
better discussion on pool if anyones interested
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The whole refugee 'crisis'

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.