I'm done! Java killed me

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
daviking
daviking
16:53 Mon 25 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Then just be polite and imagine you are talking to someone in real life. There is a huge difference between reasoned discussion and an argument.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:47 Fri 6 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Just an Update - Part One

been speaking to Cam and Zante. Cam says Nick won't sell and still makes a profit. Zante said while Oracle would be discontinued, they can't force Java off your machine and older versions may still be available so site may not die after all but still doesn't look good as no real Java fix.

dgeneratio
dgeneratio
speaking of closing, you got email mate? just to keep in touch when it closes, i don't use a Phone.
Sent a day ago
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
Surely Oracle closing Java just means there won't be a new one? It's not like they could just take it off everyone's computer
Sent a day ago
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
not sure, theres file hippo and things.
Sent a day ago
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
Well they have old java archived so you could still get it from Java anyway
Sent a day ago
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:47 Fri 6 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Just an Update - Part Two

Cam: He's offline nearly a year

Me: yeah, around 2 weeks on pool, no post about welfare too

Cam: Really bad

Me: yep, lost interest i feel but most of pool was worried as no word to admin in months etc

Cam: I spoke to a mate of mine who is a web designer and he said Nick won't ever shut the site down due to the fact he will still earn profit until literally nobody logs on

He said the hosting bill will be less now not many are on as well

Me: ah right, and java? heard oracle can't remove java completely but just not do new versions
colin777
colin777
18:20 Tue 10 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I am sticking with the java i have got it keeps asking me to update but i put it off all time, I did update a few days before the new one came out and the one i downloaded is a bit iffy takes me about a minute before i can play hence the black screen of death. Maybe Admin cannot fix this issue as it is a java issue but hey ho shame people are leaving and probably good peeps too that don't have a go when your winning.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:59 Thu 9 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
This might be old news or helpful to someone with java issues & Firefox.

Using the latest Java I found that i just get a white screen when the table is trying to load up. Went into Firefox add ons manager and disabled the Java deployment toolkit and set the Java platform to "always activate" hey presto seems to of sorted out the problem.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

I'm done! Java killed me

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.