Arcade Snooker

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
daviking
daviking
17:44 Fri 1 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
daviking has obioulsy lost to many games without getting a shot, dry your eyes mate

Firstly, I can't ever recall that happening, as long as its a good game who cares who wins, its a computer game it means absolutely nothing lol

I just cant understand why people want to waste their time smashing things about all hit and hope when instead they can learn some skill and enjoy a proper fun game. Thats the point after all, to have fun.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:15 Fri 1 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
for a game that means *absolutely nothing* to you, ur creating an awful lot of waffle about it.. tapping and smashing in my opinion shares the same skill,
smashing and potting is one thing but to continue to construct frame winning breaks from there is skillful, however tapping is also a skill in my view, tapping to create opportunities and force the opponent into making a mistake which could enable you to capitalize.

balanced subject i think.
hutch1971
hutch1971
02:11 Sat 2 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
but those that tap are dessprete I bealie dh according to u ?
daviking
daviking
12:53 Sat 2 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
^^ I've stared at that for ages but cant figure out the acronyms

I agree with the previous post, of course that anyone can play any way they want, I was just surprised that smashing balls at break was considered skillful! As you say, clearing up from a messy break can take skill but requires a degree of luck due to the lack of control, however tapping is all about strategically and skillfully building up to a frame winning clearance, which is surely the point of the game?

Sorry about any waffling, but of course it means absolutely nothing Its a computer game, could be gone tomorrow and would make zero difference to anything or anyone.

Edited at 09:57 Sat 02/04/16 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:24 Sun 3 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Reg Cent off the Breakoff to Daviking
colin777
colin777
20:49 Wed 6 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
True story daviking
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:03 Wed 6 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
ye obviously haven't played against me lads i always smash unlesss in tourny semis/final against players 800+
legend_pot
legend_pot
23:37 Wed 6 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
always smash breaked in arcade, and i always will

I agree with dgen about the tapping aspect, however I enjoy a safety battle with players like dvz when we are leaving tempters up the top pocket for each other to try and force a mistake
daviking
daviking
13:32 Thu 7 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
^^ See thats exactly what I'm talking about but for no reason people seem to jump on it like its something wrong. Just battering the balls about and potting is such a boring way to play, but I understand its each to their own, just that more people would play if it was more fun. Only trying to help
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:53 Thu 7 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Thats fine as it isn't tapping, i do that in Regular and Original if stuck behind pack. Only thing i dislike is when someone moves cue an inch and barely bring balls into play, except for a Snooker attempt
crazy_dave
crazy_dave
23:59 Thu 7 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
At the end of the day everyone is entitled to their opinion even if you don't agree I for one do agree that playing tactical is part of snooker in real life, you don't see Ronnie smashing into the pack because he wants a huge break! He breaks and waits for a mistake from his playing partner then does it, yes this isn't real snooker but it's called snooker not smash pack. There is no right or wrongs with how you or others play just respect people's opinions even if you don't agree
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:51 Fri 8 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
At the end of the day everyone is entitled to their opinion even if you don't agree I for one do agree that playing tactical is part of snooker in real life, you don't see Ronnie smashing into the pack because he wants a huge break! He breaks and waits for a mistake from his playing partner then does it, yes this isn't real snooker but it's called snooker not smash pack. There is no right or wrongs with how you or others play just respect people's opinions even if you don't agree

you also don't see ronnie breaking off into back of pack softly he tries to get into baulk behind the colours that is also in traditional game
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Arcade Snooker

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.