Tournament Improvements

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Tournament News.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
daviking
daviking
14:18 Sat 19 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hi. I see a lot of comments about lack of players etc and two options are very obvious as a way to improve this website and encourage people to play.

1. More tournaments. Many times I log in and give up as you have to wait for an eternity for a tournament to start. Also make all tournaments "micro" tournaments, so people can complete them in a sensible time. One every 10 minutes would make a huge difference.

2. Scrap the "accounts" thing. Just make it so you can fire up the site and play, like the guest trial option but open it up so people can play tournaments. Or at least make it so guest players can enter tournaments.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:31 Sat 19 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hi. I see a lot of comments about lack of players etc and two options are very obvious as a way to improve this website and encourage people to play.

2. Or at least make it so guest players can enter tournaments.

Agreed here, Once Guest logs out they lose the tournament win unless they register to keep that tournament win in their new stats.
daviking
daviking
14:47 Sat 19 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Moving away from stats and focusing on just enjoying the games would be positive in many ways.

More frequent tournaments is also essential. People need to be able to play something meaningful when they come on. Nobody is going to sit at a computer for more than 10 minutes waiting on a game.
colin777
colin777
17:27 Sat 19 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
True story.
_wales_lad_
_wales_lad_
02:07 Wed 23 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
some people wont want to play without ranking system as it will make the game pointless as you win or gain nothing
_wales_lad_
_wales_lad_
02:08 Wed 23 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
and as for making all tournys micro, i thought your point was to get more people on and in tournys? where as micro tournys are limited to 8 people per tourny
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:20 Wed 23 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
some people wont want to play without ranking system as it will make the game pointless as you win or gain nothing

Thats the reason i entered them, Say an opponent lagged on the pink with pink over the pocket and black over the other pocket under new system you can't be a good sportsman as you lose rank so you pot and get an undeserved win. Back when it was Friendly it was more of a challenge and if i had that situation i would hand the opponent the frame (unless they missed again) as its just a Friendly and one win where in Ranked its Ranking points at stake so mindset is different.

I dislike Ranked so i don't enter unless i'm extremely bored.
the_guvernar
the_guvernar
16:21 Thu 24 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
the tournies took a hit because of the double rank points,you can lose a frame to anyone,and lose 8-10 points,you then have to play loads of games just to get back to where you were,and some just cant be bothered and lose interest,the tournaments were far better when you just played to win it,no points involved,it was then your choice if you wanted to play for ranking points,before or after a tournie
daviking
daviking
17:30 Fri 25 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  

Absolutely. The idea of any games at all not being ranked is completely illogical and if we are being honest, stupid. The possibility of playing non ranked games makes the entire ranking idea pointless.

and as for making all tournys micro, i thought your point was to get more people on and in tournys? where as micro tournys are limited to 8 people per tourny

More people will enter tournaments if they happen more often, and we need to make the all like micros so people have time to play. I have entered some other tournaments that have still been going on over 30 minutes after starting. How can you expect people to sit playing a computer game for that long?!?
daviking
daviking
14:04 Sun 3 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
This afternoon has been a prime example. I logged in to the website, opened the game and there wasn't a tournament for 9 minutes, then when it did come it was going to be 10 more minutes till it started!

Nobody can be expected to waste that much time at their computer on a sunday or any day for that matter. Madness, and very frustrating as it is so unnecessary.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:27 Sun 3 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Yet you log in, join the reg Marathon tourney log out, log back in and don't even come to the tourney game you entered
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:49 Sun 3 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
This afternoon has been a prime example. I logged in to the website, opened the game and there wasn't a tournament for 9 minutes, then when it did come it was going to be 10 more minutes till it started!

Nobody can be expected to waste that much time at their computer on a sunday or any day for that matter. Madness, and very frustrating as it is so unnecessary.

yet you have to stay on for the duration of the tournament, other games can last 10 minutes a battle or more. it is common to wait.

you want one every second or something? 60 seconds in a minute = 60 tournaments, 60 mins in an hour, = 360 tournaments, 24 hours in a day = 8,640 tournaments per day.

then you want to win within a second.

That what it sounds like to me that you can't wait even two minutes for a tournament.

sounds logical to me...

You wouldn't survive other games if that is your mindset, It isn't hard to wait 10 mins.
virtuoso147_
virtuoso147_
20:32 Sun 3 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
daviking you make no sense, on your other thread you hate the smash breaks which opens everything up for a match to be finished in 3 mins, and would rather tap tap tap to prolong a match to 15 mins yet you have to time to wait 9 mins for a match.

come on man
daviking
daviking
14:43 Mon 4 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Woman if you dont mind

Ok, some really weird comments above, how you think tapping will make a game last 15 minutes I can't fathom. Tapping is about enjoying a quick strategical game, getting the most of it.

Tournament timing is the important thing though, yes every 2 minutes would be much more sensible, and scrap the "wait ten minutes" after its started, what on earth is the point in that? The 2 minutes for Micro's is long enough!

The fact is nobody in their right mind is going to wait ten+ minutes on a computer game. Thats the amount of time you expect to spend playing it not waiting for no reason.

Sure, on a rare occasion someone might have more time to spare, indeed I was so addicted at one time I was on for almost a whole hour 3 days in a one week! But just think of the effect on physical and mental health of something like that.

Make the site more fun and user friendly and there are bound to be more players.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:56 Mon 4 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
a woman huh? explains the extensive moaning if every tourney had a two min wait time then there would be far fewer people playing in them having to be on in a timely fashion which will never happen, perhaps people like being on for long periods, maybe people browse the forums or chat to other players, its not all about table time. and for one who logs in enters a tourney and doesnt even play in it , you waste the precious time you moan about lol.

its just a game
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:15 Mon 4 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
you don't make sense one bit daviking.

You want tournaments to start every few minutes (pretty much sums up my post). and you don't want to wait long however your willing to tap to make games last longer which in most cases wastes 5 minutes minimum of the game. so yeah.... you don't wait to wait ten minutes for a tournament but your willing to waste time tapping.....pahahahaha.

In other games your in battle for at least 5-10 minutes. In Battlefield it is wayyy longer so if you're not prepared to wait for a tournament then i would turn gaming off right now as you won't last long.
virtuoso147_
virtuoso147_
17:22 Mon 4 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
If you want a tourny every two mins then there are going to be no players in some because there all allready playing in different tournaments
daviking
daviking
20:18 Mon 4 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
^^ You can enter as many tournaments as you want, so thats irrelevant.

You folks really like to gang up on anyone who tries to suggest improvements don't you. Its strange as many of you are the same ones who seem to talk fondly of days with more players etc.

The fact is, computer games were once a novelty and they were less aware of the health risks. so people spent more time on them.

15 minutes or more can be fine once or twice a week if its really engaging. But just sitting waiting for no reason at all?

How anyone considers tapping as slowing down a game just makes no sense, its about speed, skill and accuracy. Making the game exciting and quick.

Actually the above gave me an idea that would solve lots of problems. Automatically enter everyone who is online in all tournaments

Its perfect. No more complaining about "nobody plays anymore" and makes the whole thing more fun. Combine that with more sensibly timed tournaments and it could be great.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:34 Mon 4 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
"You folks really like to gang up on anyone who tries to suggest improvements don't you. Its strange as many of you are the same ones who seem to talk fondly of days with more players etc."

Not really just different opinions, not really ganging up but the last few posts you haven't spoken any sense.

"How anyone considers tapping as slowing down a game just makes no sense, its about speed, skill and accuracy. Making the game exciting and quick."

Come back when you speak some sense, If you want speed, smash off the break. If both players tap of course the game will be longer as the aim is to pot and longer you tap then you are not potting so time accumulates.

"Actually the above gave me an idea that would solve lots of problems. Automatically enter everyone who is online in all tournaments

Its perfect. No more complaining about "nobody plays anymore" and makes the whole thing more fun. Combine that with more sensibly timed tournaments and it could be great."

I still wouldn't enter them as i'm not on the game until the evening to play friends (sometimes afternoon for an hour).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:45 Mon 4 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Tournament Improvements

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Tournament News.
Back to Forum List.