Interested in clans?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 11314
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:50 Thu 9 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
me neither but if one disagrees, it has to be the 19th as pre seasons was done early
daviking
daviking
21:21 Thu 9 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Any reason it can't start early but maintain the original deadline?

(Yes I'm just itching to play )
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:29 Thu 9 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  

Nah as would be four weeks to play and based on Pre Seasons, three seems too long as well but with a Cup game it made sense to do three weeks.

Need each Captain (After Friday will be the Vice or a Clan Rep to decide as i would need to ask for lists) to accept an early start as technically the Pre Seasons is still going until 15th despite every clan qualified. As everyone qualified i'm giving Captains option to start early, don't have to but makes sense as the purpose has been done of the friendlies
mightypot000
mightypot000
00:06 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  

You had your chance to play, but you avoided your games by being offline for long and then you say your itching to play lol
daviking
daviking
00:12 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I was checking everyday as you would see if you read the forums (you don't have to login to check the forums and I was waiting for replies from my opponents) and we had the games set up but they were changed.

I'm new to clans so didn't know to message my captain to let him know the games were set up, I do now so it won't be an issue again.

Everyone has been so chatty, fun and polite its a pleasure to be involved
mightypot000
mightypot000
00:18 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
lol haha if you had logged in im sure you would have seen your opponents reply anyways whatever u say troll
daviking
daviking
00:45 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Messages are sent to your email address so there is no need to log in until you know they have replied.

That way you can avoid any delays and nobody is kept waiting
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:08 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
The games were set up but you were waiting for replies to go to your email? That makes no sense. Not all players link the game with their email as it can be a pain in the butt. If your offline say five days some players wont message you at all because the five day in activity. If your on the forums and looking anyway it only takes a few seconds to actually log in and see if you have a player online or even a message.

(PS you need to actually log in from the email to even reply to a message so if you where offline i am confused as too how you even set up the game(s))

You also dont think there was anything wrong with someone being offline a straight seven days... when there actually is as their is strict deadlines placed on games.
daviking
daviking
01:32 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
The deadline was the 15th, i logged in right away when i got the message and we were all set to play then was informed it had changed.

But its ok, as i said i am new and learning and everyone has been really nice and helpful.

And of course 7 days isnt long! Who doesnt need a week or two away from the internet etc now and then :-)
mightypot000
mightypot000
01:34 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Immortal you summed it up in one, and exactly being offline for a week is not right if you participate in the league daviking go to the first page and read my first comment on this thread , but you still put your name down i dont know if you are reliable or not but i hope you dont affect the league if you think being offline for a week is ok
mightypot000
mightypot000
01:35 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
It changed because you was offline and your capt had no choice to replace you as u was affecting the league and ur clan
daviking
daviking
02:23 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh dear. Yes, i know that now but i didnt then! The deadline was the 15th/16th, the fixtures were posted, messages sent, forums checked several times a day and logged on as soon as i got a reply.

Of course i am reliable, oviously if you commit to something you do it, whether its a clan, fixture or whatever.

Of course i defended Sarah, thats what team mates do. Anybody can end up offline for a week or two, real life happens sometimes.

Edited at 23:28 Thu 09/06/16 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:39 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Messages are sent to your email address so there is no need to log in until you know they have replied.

That way you can avoid any delays and nobody is kept waiting

There is a need because of defaults, if you're active even when not logged in then counts as inactivity or offline time the same as if you're not at the computer for days on end as players don't know if you're actually there or not.

Some has messages enabled and it helps but most don't as on pool captains spam the fixtures even when players are sleeping so defaults doesn't take it into consideration.

You can risk being inactive but may not help in the long run as players tend not to message inactive players. Please note that players need to message inactive and active opponents regularly (not everyday though) to show that their interested in playing the game.

Posting from tablet
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:22 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes Davi,

Real life does happen and everyone knows that. Going by a captains perspective though being offline a week is inactivity and will result in your game being changed. If you turn round and say oh i will be offline a week but be around the second week of the fixtures then i am sure a captain would leave you in (i know i would if it was on of my guys). In active players can cost you points, every point counts towards that season win.

You seriously can not expect too be left in a game though if you have been offline for a week, with no word or anything before hand (your captain has no way of knowing it could be family related as you have not been on, or any other real life situation for that matter) If you think that being off a week is nothing for the clan league then you wont get far in a clan while you are on here man. Logging in maybe once a day or every few days and arranging a game is not to hard but if real life is holding you back let the captain know and then he can do what he needs too do to ultimately benefit the clan as a whole.
daviking
daviking
07:59 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes, i know all that and understand now thanks to people being helpful.

I just thought that when a fixture was set, that was it and no need to inform anyone unless there was some reason you couldnt play it before the deadline.
mightypot000
mightypot000
08:36 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh dear. Yes, i know that now but i didnt then! The deadline was the 15th/16th, the fixtures were posted, messages sent, forums checked several times a day and logged on as soon as i got a reply.

Of course i am reliable, oviously if you commit to something you do it, whether its a clan, fixture or whatever.

Of course i defended Sarah, thats what team mates do. Anybody can end up offline for a week or two, real life happens sometimes.

Edited at 23:28 Thu 09/06/16 (BST)

you logged on as soon as you got a reply? lol you was offline for days hence your capt substituting you. also you said you didnt have to log in as the messages go to your email, now your saying you did once you recieved a message lol make ur mind up. You make up too much bull. you defending your team mate? lol what who against? your capt was the one who said she was off for a lengthy period, so basically u was defending your team mate against ur capt. lol ok then im just laughing at you, your one funny person with all the rubbish u make up anyways will see how active you are once fixtures are out again

Edited at 05:42 Fri 10/06/16 (BST)
mightypot000
mightypot000
08:46 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes, i know all that and understand now thanks to people being helpful.

I just thought that when a fixture was set, that was it and no need to inform anyone unless there was some reason you couldnt play it before the deadline.

When a fixture is a set all you do is message your opponent. then just stay active and u will get it played. if your opponent is not active then the opposition will give u a sub. but if it went to default and u made an effort of trying to get it played then you just show the messages etc to get default win. Try that next fixture (being more active) it makes life much easier than faffing about and not logging in etc

PS i dont think your clan really cares about results to much so just try and have fun and get the games played.

Now time for me to go to work.
Edited at 05:52 Fri 10/06/16 (BST)

Edited at 05:53 Fri 10/06/16 (BST)
mightypot000
mightypot000
08:46 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
daviking
daviking
11:23 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I've never seen so much trolling
Ok lets make it simple.
Fixture set, deadline 15th june.
Message opponents.
Replies will come to email which obviously is checked every few days. In the meantime keep an eye on forums etc.
Reply arrives, log in to respond, match sorted.

As you know, at that time i didn't know we had to report all timings to our captains. It would be a good idea to put that in a guide.

Also, what is the rule for being "inactive"? As in how long do you wait for a reply to a fixture? Nobody knows when they might be away from home/internet for a week or so.

Actually, wouldnt it be much simpler for the league runner to post fixtures with dates and times for each game? Set in stone with no alteration possible so completely fair for all.
jimi_clapton
jimi_clapton
15:56 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I've never seen so much trolling
Ok lets make it simple.
Fixture set, deadline 15th june.
Message opponents.
Replies will come to email which obviously is checked every few days. In the meantime keep an eye on forums etc.
Reply arrives, log in to respond, match sorted.

As you know, at that time i didn't know we had to report all timings to our captains. It would be a good idea to put that in a guide.

Also, what is the rule for being "inactive"? As in how long do you wait for a reply to a fixture? Nobody knows when they might be away from home/internet for a week or so.

Actually, wouldnt it be much simpler for the league runner to post fixtures with dates and times for each game? Set in stone with no alteration possible so completely fair for all.

I hear ya and would make one point and apologise if you took this action already........post on Team thread when you've arranged to play when it has been agreed, then Skipper knows
Pages: 11314
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Interested in clans?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.