Interested in clans?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 11415
buckjam
buckjam
16:12 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
What else is there to say other than everyone else got their games done with little fuss and very few posts. Others make it confusing and difficult as shown here. There is always one!!
daviking
daviking
16:45 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
My point exactly, very well said.

I hear ya and would make one point and apologise if you took this action already........post on Team thread when you've arranged to play when it has been agreed, then Skipper knows

That sounds really sensible, thanks
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:23 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Davi

There is a guide here:
http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/9277/how-to-arrange-a-clan-game-beginners-guide

You keep checking though for defaults, You can wait 8 days hiding offline but for defaults its as bad as activity and doesn't count as we as a panel don't know if your there so thats fair. If you hide you may lose points depending how long it is.

If players are away for a week then the sensible thing would be to sub out.

Example: I play you, say you're off 5 days so i wait before messaging, i am bad as i don't message the opponent, the longer the time the worse things get if game goes to default. You don't log in until i message so say i'm on all 13 days then message and i miss the last day, you're just as bad for hiding for 13 days waiting for a message which default wouldn't be much for either player and their are several faults and ways it could be prevented.

A) I message earlier and more frequent, this builds up potential default points
B) You come out of hiding and message more this builds your points
C) Both Captains would need more situational awareness.

A recent example in the friendly, night before i played sarah i posted that i could play either player but you could have been hiding waiting for a message from me but i wasn't going to message two opponents as dan was undecided. If you came online it could have been played.

Dead Set won't work as you say people are busy in the real world and this is a hobby. There is set deadline tho.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:25 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Regarding Davi and Mighty, enough trolling please guys, use your own clan threads (Captains won't like it tho) or take it to PM.

cheers
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:26 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Schedule typed up and can be found here:
http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xL_KKx-bsPUkhSoI0DtIxEYBNs1BYDRjVPU0lFdxSKo/edit#gid=405862829

BB is Breakers
BAU is Baulk

Others should be obvious

so the first fixtures will be...

Note: Dates are based on 19th start and 3 weeks per fixture, Not typed on forum until i'm sure of the dates.

Tanks

Overall:
League 1
League 2
Cup 1
Killer 1 (19/6-3/7)
Killer 2 (19/6-3/7)
Killer 3 (3/7-17/7)
Killer 4 (3/7-17/7)

League + Killer Fixtures:
BAU v AM
HH v BB
BB v BAU
DM v HH
DM v BYE
AM v BYE

Cup Fixtures:
BB v BAU
AM v DM
HH v BYE
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:27 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
League to start on 12th

Roxbury: Yes
Richie: Yes
Jay: Yes
Dan: ...
Quick: ...

Note: If it starts early quick, you may have to do HH first list. Heard Dan has problems too but i don't think he has a Vice.

If i don't get an answer tonight night from ... then i'll message their vices.
mightypot000
mightypot000
17:32 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Regarding Davi and Mighty, enough trolling please guys, use your own clan threads (Captains won't like it tho) or take it to PM.

cheers

What u on about now?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:35 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
thought you both were arguing here so just asked politely to stop.
mightypot000
mightypot000
17:36 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
thought you both were arguing here so just asked politely to stop.

nah no arguing i stopped commenting lol but yh ok
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:44 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
In response to the guide post (as ran out of characters), what Jimi said makes sense too but everyone makes mistakes so we learn from them.

I will also accept, Facebook, Pool and Phones as effort providing it is included in the information as even though it isn't Snooker which should be the main place to arrange, I have arranged countless games on Facebook BUT activity would still go against you if you arranged elsewhere and only log in when a game has been arranged. If arranged on the Primary Site (Snooker) then you're active (providing you don't hide for a while) and effort so you're getting the maximum effectiveness to arrange the game.

This isn't to have ago at Daviking as She is new and Newbies make mistakes but posting so people learn from them.

Cheers
daviking
daviking
19:17 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks for that. Its a bit unfair to call it hiding though, I was far from hiding, I was watching the forums daily for info and being polite and courteous in waiting for replies

All sorted now tho, just check my logins, no more than 5 hours between even during the night.

Its just banter between me and mighty, I hope, I'm sure he does know the difference between girls and boys (I admit I overreacted at times but it just reminded me a lot of the stormforce thing )
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:24 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah all it takes is check in every few days (every day is better but sometimes not possible). Time Online not really important but arranging is important as say someone is free from 7 pm - 12 am and your free from 1 pm - 9 pm then you can check from 7 pm - 9 pm for the opponent where each player has a 2 hour window to play.

Understood about hiding but hopefully can see my point too that if your online but not log in, the other player thinks you were offline (I did that night) so for defaults it has to count as offline time even if you were online but not logged in.
jimi_clapton
jimi_clapton
19:27 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Who the hell is jimi anyway???!!
daviking
daviking
19:27 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
No worries at all. There is so much more to it than just play game - post results!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:29 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Who the hell is jimi anyway???!!

couldn't say Hipperoos
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:34 Fri 10 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Just Quick from HH (as Carsten has no net) and either Dan or his Vice (if he appoints one) about starting early. If no answer by Saturday Night then start will be the 19th as originally planned
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:39 Sat 11 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
quickpot_147
quickpot_147
01:43 Sat 11 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
yes
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:52 Sat 11 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:02 Sat 11 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
There you go James

I sent in my team list already in case everyone voted yes others should probably do that now as well
Pages: 11415
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Interested in clans?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.