warning sign

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:09 Wed 25 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
cool, 8.31 isn't a guarantee but heard about 80% prefer 8.31 (or lower) as 8.32 is when problem starts.

i didn't have an issue because i never upgraded as i believe in "If it isn't broke, don't fix it", security wise to fix but in terms of Funky, made things worse not better.

only issue i have had is when i have frozen (nothing to do with Premium etc) then i can't log back into the game for extended periods of time even when i restarted PC, Browser and done a Virus Check which comes back Negative. Other than that, works like a dream for me
d_legend
d_legend
20:33 Wed 25 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Moderator:
This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't follow our forum rules. Replies may also be deleted.

For more detail see http://www.funkysnooker.com/viewPostingRules.do
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:45 Wed 25 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
lol, didn't agree way it was written but do agree to an extent as we're trying to save the site by keeping members rather than kill it by going on other snooker games. I do admit, some other sites has aspects i like, cues (power) what you can unlock, badges (achievements) etc. I think Funky was missing that element but its a fairly simple 2D game engine with some tournaments.

we already lost Storm and Cliffy to the site you recommended and losing others to java at an alarming rate but we need to keep members on the site instead of suggesting to move to another snooker site.

Not having ago at you Daviking just explaining more we lose then the site dies quicker and i care about the site.
mightypot000
mightypot000
20:47 Wed 25 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
lol, didn't agree way it was written but do agree to an extent as we're trying to save the site by keeping members rather than kill it by going on other snooker games. I do admit, some other sites has aspects i like, cues (power) what you can unlock, badges (achievements) etc. I think Funky was missing that element but its a fairly simple 2D game engine with some tournaments.

we already lost Storm and Cliffy to the site you recommended and losing others to java at an alarming rate but we need to keep members on the site instead of suggesting to move to another snooker site.

Not having ago at you Daviking just explaining more we lose then the site dies quicker and i care about the site.

Whats the site called you lost storm and cliffy too?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:50 Wed 25 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
can't remember daviking posted either on a tournaments thread or something, under game queries anyway
mightypot000
mightypot000
20:51 Wed 25 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
can't remember daviking posted either on a tournaments thread or something, under game queries anyway

Wouldnt dare leave funky to go to another snooker game, im too loyal to this site
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:03 Wed 25 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
same, i played flyordie 3D then came here and not looked back, this xmas will be my 10 year anniversary
daviking
daviking
21:06 Wed 25 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
You can see why this site is so fascinating to study, I have suggested many ideas to improve the site, especially with regard to attracting new users, also to help people with the java issues, yet I am the one who gets abused on a public forum while others who post how much they hate the site are somehow immune. I know a part of it is because I am female and there are still lots of socially inept people using the site.

Fact is there is no excuse for moaning and complaining about this site when there are plenty more simple modern 2D snooker games out there. Its only a website remember, not real life
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:55 Wed 25 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I personally don't care about your study as i won't be reading it, not abusing you, the tournaments i went overboard and already apologised (even if i didn't agree and still dont). I also respect Female Gamers, My Mum used to be one and a group friend on World of Tanks going through same stuff as you but i respect her. don't care if i am inept (whatever that means) i love this site, i used to be obsessed i admit playing 15 hours a day, now down to two hours if i'm not bored or a friend pms to play (can add that to your study).

I've tried to get people to stay but due to Java, People are leaving and nothing i can do BUT here's the problem i have you say you care yet suggesting members leave this site and find more modern snooker games, We don't need more people leaving. Suggesting people leave the site and then about your studies i don't know if you care or not.

Yes it is a game but it is a hobby to some of us, Like Football for millions on a Saturday with a Beer. This site is my Football and wouldn't think of switching until it goes as it seems like Betrayal to me.
daviking
daviking
23:28 Wed 25 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I just can't get my head around the idea of caring about a website, its not real, it can be deleted any minute just like all the rest. I only mention my studies as that's the reason I came to the site, but freely admit to becoming hopelessly addicted, playing almost 4 hours in 4 days one time.

(by the way are you really serious about spending 2 hours every day on the internet? Thats just insane whether this site or any other, and if true incredibly worrying, I am not being patronising in any way, just expressing genuine concern if that were true)

You mention playing friends, surely if you're meeting up with friends the last thing you want to do is both waste time sitting at a computer!

But as for the site and its members, people posting how crap the site is and how mad they are is such a bad thing, and you lose nothing by them finding somewhere else, as they are adding nothing to the site anyway. Just look how many rant on the forums but hardly ever enter a tournament. Say what you like, I enter EVERY tournament when I am online. I am always in the game rooms playing.

THAT is supporting the website.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:51 Wed 25 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I spend all day playing computer games but only two hours actually playing funky. and yes its true, if you were a member for nearly 10 years you would be attached too so again stick that in your study, can say i'm an obsessive freak who only plays computer games 15 hours a day. My life and i choose the way i want to live.

I enjoy playing virtual friends who are also real people, I don't have many friends in the real world and i'd rather save money on something useful like a gaming tower so i can play more games and not browse on this all day than waste it on beer etc.

I support the website by doing a community page and running the clan league (snookers main attraction) for 6 years, not having same argument as i'm having with Priest on Pool.

I do enough for the site as it is. Me entering tournaments won't change things, Nick sorting out Java may change things. Only so much we can do.
jimi_clapton
jimi_clapton
23:55 Wed 25 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
yer shocked at 2 hours???? jeeez I used to be on at least 5 or 6 hours on pool, and that was with 1 full time job, 1 part time job and 2 kids!!!......always time for funky not so much for sleep lol
mightypot000
mightypot000
23:59 Wed 25 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Daviking
Give it a rest so what if people play for more than 2 hours, you sound immature grow up and stop picking arguments is that what gets you through the day?
mightypot000
mightypot000
00:01 Thu 26 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
yer shocked at 2 hours???? jeeez I used to be on at least 5 or 6 hours on pool, and that was with 1 full time job, 1 part time job and 2 kids!!!......always time for funky not so much for sleep lol

I dont know why he seems shocked his always on this site for more than 2 hours..
d_legend
d_legend
14:00 Thu 26 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Moderator:
This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't follow our forum rules. Replies may also be deleted.

For more detail see http://www.funkysnooker.com/viewPostingRules.do
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

warning sign

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.