Clan Tournament Competition

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

daviking
daviking
13:50 Fri 5 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Following on from its mention in the "interested" thread

A Clan Tournament Competition - in no way related to any of the existing clan competitions.

All existing clans entered. Three tournaments each day.

Winners clan gets 5 points
Runner ups clan gets 2 points
Semi Finalists get 1 point

Chosen tournaments will vary through discipline and time to suit all players.

As many or as few can enter that want, rules are already governed by site tournament rules for that discipline so nothing to add.

Will run it until Sunday 7th as an friendly example then discuss a longer running competition after that.

Schedule :
Original Tournament available to join at 14:00 Fri 5 Aug 16
Arcade Tournament available to join at 18:00 Fri 5 Aug 16
Random Tournament available to join at 21:30 Fri 5 Aug 16
daviking
daviking
01:21 Sat 6 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
First day complete and works great

Current standings :

Big Breakers 9
Anger Management 0
Back n Baulk 0
Heaven and Hell 0
Dead Meat 0

Tomorrows schedule :

Arcade Tournament available to join at 10:00 Sat 6 Aug 16
Reg Speed Tournament available to join at 15:00 Sat 6 Aug 16
Arc TT Tournament available to join at 22:00 Sat 6 Aug 16
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:03 Sat 6 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Please don't include Dead Meat, thank you.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:10 Sat 6 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
or Anger, thanks
daviking
daviking
03:32 Sat 6 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
There can't be any exclusion of any clan or player, thats the beauty of the simplicity
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:38 Sat 6 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Their can be when i don't want my clan involved in this, it is pointless and means nothing. If my guys want to do tournaments on the server then let them have their fun but trying to make people play a strict three tournaments in a day is dumb.

Dead Meat want no affiliation too this whats so ever.
daviking
daviking
09:28 Sat 6 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Nobody can make anybody play anything, its totally up to the individual.

Lack of any affiliation is made very clear in the outset
Their can be when i don't want my clan involved in this, it is pointless and means nothing.

No game on here or anywhere for that matter "means anything", so what a strange thing to say!

OK - edited as I have only now read my messages from last night. Utterly disgusting.

Sending death threats to someone about their child is disturbing. And about a meaningless computer game to boot.

Very very sickening, but it has worked as I will leave this for now, I come here for fun and a nice chat, not to open messages like that.

Edited at 07:41 Sat 06/08/16 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:10 Sat 6 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
If that is sickening then i would stay clear of Pool but you didn't ask clans how they felt like i do, you just went on and did it.

I have an idea though, do it in Snooker Events and do it individual like instead of clans.
daviking
daviking
11:33 Sat 6 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I did ask and there were no objections and everyone I spoke to in game thought it was a great idea.

Just something to add a little more fun to the site, possibly increase entrants in tournaments, and cause no harm to anyone.

How can it be done individually? That's what tournaments already are. The point was to approach them as a team game.

But anyway, all moot points as I said I would leave it and thats that, like you did with the clan rule change once you say something you have to stick to your word.

I have reported the threats to the police as once I got over the upset I realised it was far more than a website thing, they will be along soon so that should help make sure it doesn't happen to others
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:44 Sat 6 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Not threats from me i hope as i haven't threatened you.

in game is different from the forum, majority of people in game aren't in clans. several of us already who don't like this idea and want our clans to drop out.

was a nice idea in thought but i don't think people care honestly
daviking
daviking
12:08 Sat 6 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Well obviously some do or they wouldn't have threatened my child.

Clearly you have no concept of the simple idea. Its the people in game who matter, not the forums, they are the ones playing the games instead of talking about them!

But why go on about something that is now in the past?

The seeming endless desire for repetition on these forums is amazing
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:18 Sat 6 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
so why do clans then when majority of us post on the forum? makes no sense.

and also if it only applies to people in game why post on a forum no one will see any way?

just curious
daviking
daviking
13:18 Sat 6 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
You do clans, but still post about them on the forums, so you tell me!
chezz
chezz
14:29 Sat 6 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
For crying out loud haha

I'm not going to release another speech, so all I'm going to say it this... on the other thread, nobody agreed with this particular idea, you decided anyway to go foward with it, obviously not everyone wanted it because clans want out, the adding points is pointless (see what I did there , because if some clans are missing, it would be unfair.

Could you please stob being so stubborn, if your idea doesn't work, no matter how good you or these other people think it is, if it doesn't work, stop dragging it out.

Like Dgen said, if you really want to get involved, make an event in the respective thread, all you're doing here is clogging up the wrong thread, this section is for clans and clan related topics such as wanting to join one, creating mindless events for clans not wanting it is not the way to go

what do you know, it turned into another mini speech lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:47 Sat 6 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Im not sure who threatened you or your child but yes that is disgusting. Kids should never be brought into online debates or anything like that.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan Tournament Competition

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.